GDT: Game 4 - 10/21 - Anaheim Ducks @ Arizona Coyotes , 1pm PT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Cronin mentioning Cooley directly, to me= he wants body contact on him. Can’t be allowed to just spin like a top out there
Holding Arizona to the same standard they showed Zegras/Terry last year.
Cooley skills it up, Johnston be like 'NOPE'.

I'm absolutely shocked that Soderstrom is not in the lineup for Arizona ! Their GM mentioned how they believed it was worth trading up in the 2019 draft for him because he was #3 on their list.
Apparently they had him higher than Zegras and Seider it would seem.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Holding Arizona to the same standard they showed Zegras/Terry last year.
Cooley skills it up, Johnston be like 'NOPE'.

I'm absolutely shocked that Soderstrom is not in the lineup for Arizona ! Their GM mentioned how they believed it was worth trading up in the 2019 draft for him because he was #3 on their list.
Apparently they had him higher than Zegras and Seider it would seem.
Amen for their ignorance

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
I have yet to see Johnston do something physical.

I hope he's on the ice if there's a fight but at this point the only people "taking out the trash" are Carrick, Gudas, and Mintyukov lol

Johnston stinks, completely outclassed by Carrick and Gudas. Not sure how the people that were stoked about having a goon can think anything positively of his performance so far. Yotes games have been pretty chippy the last couple years, hopefully he does anything that justifies his spot.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Johnston stinks, completely outclassed by Carrick and Gudas. Not sure how the people that were stoked about having a goon can think anything positively of his performance so far. Yotes games have been pretty chippy the last couple years, hopefully he does anything that justifies his spot.
He’s a he’s a heavyweight. Other fighters have to be willing to fight him, or Johnston needs to instigate a fight if there is a cheap shot on one of our players. Neither has happened. Yet…

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
I think Johnston has played well as a 4th liner. There was an incident during the Dallas game where he was face washing a Dallas player. I’ve forgotten what caused it but nothing became of it.

The Beagle incident should never happen again. If something similar happens, that will be the test for Johnston.

Even though the Doan era is over, AZ can devolve into the lowest common denominator.

Hard to say what really happened between Zegras and Stecher. Depending on who you believe that should probably just disappear into the past.

John

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
Johnston has been a total let down in terms of being a deterrent

He’s a he’s a heavyweight. Other fighters have to be willing to fight him, or Johnston needs to instigate a fight if there is a cheap shot on one of our players. Neither has happened. Yet…

LMAO at this stuff. Johnston is not Gudas or Carrick - totally different player and purpose. He's been fine - not the fastest guy, but skates in straight lines and seems defensively responsible/aware. Meanwhile, the fact that none of our skill guys has been targeted for cheap shots certainly suggests there is deterrent effect from icing all three of Gudas, Carrick and Johnston. At the end of the day, the ducks can't afford to have Gudas taking 5 minute penalties and Carrick is undersized for the role. Having all 3 is a huge benefit. And I do expect Johnston to be scratched on a regular basis depending on matchups, which is fine.

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
LMAO at this stuff. Johnston is not Gudas or Carrick - totally different player and purpose. He's been fine - not the fastest guy, but skates in straight lines and seems defensively responsible/aware. Meanwhile, the fact that none of our skill guys has been targeted for cheap shots certainly suggests there is deterrent effect from icing all three of Gudas, Carrick and Johnston. At the end of the day, the ducks can't afford to have Gudas taking 5 minute penalties and Carrick is undersized for the role. Having all 3 is a huge benefit. And I do expect Johnston to be scratched on a regular basis depending on matchups, which is fine.
Saved me from having to response to the nonsense. Certain posters are foaming at the mouth to trash Johnston just as they have any Anaheim enforcer.
Let's see a Terry incident now

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013

What about when Lemieux punched Minty in the face? Ross talked to a ref for a second, Gudas got in his face for it. That probably didn't happen though because of Ross.

For the record, I'd love to see him actually fight, but for right now he's just a slow guy that stinks moving the puck up the ice. I want him to actually show why he deserves a roster spot.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
What about when Lemieux punched Minty in the face? Ross talked to a ref for a second, Gudas got in his face for it. That probably didn't happen though because of Ross.

For the record, I'd love to see him actually fight, but for right now he's just a slow guy that stinks moving the puck up the ice. I want him to actually show why he deserves a roster spot.
Dude, lemuix was in an encounter with Gudas. And minty himself got in on that. At this point I don’t know if you’re trolling, or what…Lemiux spent the next 12 minutes being in the box, by the time he got out we had a 1 Goal game and were focused on winning the game.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Johnston has been a total let down in terms of being a deterrent
If you expected a deterrent, you set yourself up for disappointment. Doesn’t exist in this day and age. You want him to be hard to play against and occasionally answer the bell against other heavy weights or challenge guys, but he nobody’s scared of being mugged by the likes of him in 2023. Doesn’t mean he’s been bad, obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad