GDT: Game 38: Buffalo Sabres vs Montreal Canadiens 1/4/24 7:00pm EST TSN2, RDS (HD)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
That's one actual GI call where there was a lot of room for interpretation of the rule honestly (i.e. whether you judge that the goalie had enough time to reposition themselves). I think that contact was enough to prevent Levi from properly tracking the puck and positioning himself for the shot. 1-2 more seconds and it's likely a good goal.

Bad enough to disallow a goal, not bad enough to be penalized: The National Hockey League
Per the rule, iirc, it's only a penalty if it's intentional/deliberate contact initiated by the attacking player

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Yes. Like many NHL rules it be dumb as hell
It's either that the rules give room for interpretation (in regards to penalties), or you have the entire game played on special units until players adapt (and if it were to happen, people would be mad that the game became boring and slow)

There's always going to be room for improvement on certain aspects, but I don't think that one, specifically, is dumb.

HabSgt

Go Habs D'OH
Oct 19, 2019
Montreal
Mittelstadt scores off a pass from

1704417604197.jpeg

0-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad