GDT: Game 32: Avs vs Leafs | 7 PM MT | December 22, 2016 | Rebuild a Thousand Years Long

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
Sakic believed in this core.... and this core "stabbed him in the back".
That´s it.

So he Needs to go, period. He made the wrong decision and is responsible for this "Holiday on ice".

After that, bring in an experienced GM und clean the house.

After this game, no one should be save anymore. This Franchise ist dead (not only on the ice).

I can´t believe what i just saw....The worst Team in the NHL by miles... What a joke of losers...

I´d rather Play out this allready lost season with our farm Team. It can´t be any worse than this clowns we are current icing....

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
Tragical, I feel sorry for all the fans, I feel for you.

I love Colorado myself but in the NHL I mostly follow my favorit Swedes, more so than following a specific team.

Colorado will forever have a place in lots of Swedish hockey hearts because of the Forsberg years.

I expect dramatic rooster changes before next season.

No matter how skilled the players are individually, they don't play well together, it doesn't work.

Regarding my Swedish hero Landeskog he should give away his captaincy. I feel he is a good captain but it didn't work out anyway.

I expect him to become a captain once again before his career is over but not necessarily in Colorado (who knows).

Last edited:

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I don't see what switching captaincy accomplishes. Landeskog was an assistant in the Olympics and a foreign captain in Kitchener. This crappy team won't make him any less of a captain.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
I don't see what switching captaincy accomplishes. Landeskog was an assistant in the Olympics and a foreign captain in Kitchener. This crappy team won't make him any less of a captain.

It can be discussed but I see some similarities with Sundin.

I felt that the captaincy for Sundin had a negative impact and focus on his play, it become a burden and I don't want to the see the same negative effect on Landeskog.

I know almost all people in Sweden consider Sundin a fantastic captain but I don't. A fantastic player, yes absolutely, but as a captain for an NHL team, no. For me Sundin was too calm and almost shy for being a captain and leader. Lando is a complete opposite (personalites), Lando has perfect schoolbook leadership skills, very outspoken och socially mature, but in the same way, I want him to excel as a player and focus on his play. He can finish his career with being a captain again but right now I have my doubts if it is good or bad for him.

You change a coach when the team fails, why not changing the captain too, sometimes change is a good thing and necessary.

Last edited:

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
We saw something like you described with Hejduk. If a situation were to arise where Landeskog wants to give his away as well, it's okay but how do you take the C away and keep him around? San Jose got away with it cause they're good.

Hesher

Sagan for President
Jan 22, 2013
Slovakia
I'm gonna have to start watching more games and not just the Avs because this team is making me hate hockey.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
This franchise needs another couple of high picks (1st/2nd), but you have to feel bad for the core of this team and a young rookie coach.

Watching the interviews, I wouldn't wish this on any athlete or competitor.

I've been on some sucky teams myself when I was young, hockey, basketball, soccer, and it blows ass.

Just sad honestly, hope these guys can get a win to close it out before X-mas. Even if it's just for their sanity.

hoserthehorrible

Jul 15, 2003
Colorado
I think he said that he should not that he will.

If Kizsla and the others want to pound the table it should be to get Sakic to say something. At least that would be useful outrage.
Yes, I read the article, twice. He said Sakic should step down at the end of the year. The key phrase is "at the end of the year" not whether he "should or will" step down.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
Management seems content to ice a roster almost completely devoid of character or the will to fake it. I really don't know what to interpret from a group of people whose complete inaction at this point betrays their purported investment in this franchise.

Rumplesnipeskin

Bar Down
Nov 30, 2011
Colorado
I was going to log on and comment over the course of the game, but my soul was crying. I'm looking forward to a high draft pick and some dead weight coming off the books at year end.

Zadorov was fun to watch, he's looking more and more comfortable. About all I have to say about that.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Management seems content to ice a roster almost completely devoid of character or the will to fake it. I really don't know what to interpret from a group of people whose complete inaction at this point betrays their purported investment in this franchise.

What do you want them to do?
Scream at each other after goals?
Fight each other in practice?
Hold player only meetings after every game?

At some point everyone in the room realizes that this team is just not talented enough to do anything. Playoffs are unreachable and everyone knows it.

What do you expect them to do?
Call people out like Beauchemin?
Who should do that? I mean who has the right to call anyone out? Beauch was laughable with the way he has been playing for quite some time.

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
The Avs aren't firing Sakic. He's stepping down this summer, so is there any point?. I went to his charity dinner before the season started and he told people that if the Avs miss the playoffs, he's stepping down.

I don't blame people for the apathy. Fans at the Pepsi Center that do show up are the same. Honestly, if it weren't for guys like Z and Rantanen, I probably wouldn't be watching much either. It's not exciting, to say the least.

Let's hope he goes ahead and keeps his word, then.

He can't be the guy in charge for the rebuild this team needs.

hoserthehorrible

Jul 15, 2003
Colorado

At some point everyone in the room realizes that this team is just not talented enough to do anything. Playoffs are unreachable and everyone knows it.

Who should do that? I mean who has the right to call anyone out? Beauch was laughable with the way he has been playing for quite some time.
Lose game after game after game and do nothing about it, look lackluster doing so, bend over and take it up the @$$ every game. Or, yell at each other, fight each other, have player only meetings, and come out pissed off.

Hmmmm, I'll take the feisty pissed off player over the passive do nothing player every time and twice on Sunday.

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
For years we've they've tried to build a team full of character in lieu of more skilled players. Now we have a bunch of players who crumble under the tiniest of pressure and no skill to boot lol.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Lose game after game after game and do nothing about it, look lackluster doing so, bend over and take it up the @$$ every game. Or, yell at each other, fight each other, have player only meetings, and come out pissed off.

Hmmmm, I'll take the feisty pissed off player over the passive do nothing player every time and twice on Sunday.

Well then you are basically a sucker for PR moves and hockey clichés.

Where that attitude really counts is in practice and away from the cameras.

I would not respect a teammate who calls others out for the public and for show without backing it up and not doing so in private.

No one knows how the atmosphere is in the lockerroom and how the guys feel.

There is a problem yes. But we loaded this team with character and leadership on purpose basically. Iggy, Landeskog, Beauch, etc.
And they still look like this.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK

Any one of these options would at the very least show some spine, which they haven't done in weeks. Talent is not the issue on this team, never has been.

Know who has the right to call anyone out? The GM, the coach, and the captain. If a player isn't going to give a heartfelt effort, bench him or demote him. Stop watching him flail uselessly and continuing to reward him with ice time on a professional roster.

I want to see players who can't give a professional effort sent to the minors. I don't remotely care if they're claimed on waivers, they don't belong on this team. If someone wants to take on Soderberg, Iginla or Barrie's contracts for free, they'd be doing us a favour at this point - it NEEDS to be communicated that a half-assed effort isn't acceptable on a professional sports team.

Notice that word I keep using? Professional. If I was this bad at my job, I'd have been fired months ago. These guys are paid millions of dollars a year to entertain, and they DO NOT CARE enough to do it at an even remotely competent level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad