Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Or a Sandwich?

Votes: 30 83.3%

• Total voters

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
I haven't been watching at all the past 2 weeks but it seems Mack is breaking out or just a hot streak? Should be interesting to see how he progress in the coming months. If he dips though the avs season will fall off the railings considering he is the offence right now... it seems.

He regained some hockey IQ/mayo

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Avs are pretty much a one line team right now. Besides Mack, we don't have any driver on the other lines.

I honestly think Rants needs his own line, he looks too complacent. Both 'Ghetto and Wilson have looked good the past few games, give one of them an opportunity playing with Mack.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
This thread was just as awesome as double meat 30cm chicken teriyaki sub. Awesome sauce!

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Avs are pretty much a one line team right now. Besides Mack, we don't have any driver on the other lines.

I honestly think Rants needs his own line, he looks too complacent. Both 'Ghetto and Wilson have looked good the past few games, give one of them an opportunity playing with Mack.

It might force Mikko to play out of his comfort zone. I would atleast try it every now and again to let him know its not an automatic for him to be on the top line hes gotta work to be in that spot. I agree that Wilson has looked good since his return. Ghetto has been garbage for a month now plus now. He contributes nothing to this team at the moment.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Nathan Mackinnon, man. The biggest difference I've seen in Mackinnon's game recently is his attack on loose pucks. If for example Mackinnon is in the slot and a puck is dumped into the corner, he immediately takes off at full speed to get that puck. It's something he has never done prior to this season. I never even saw it as an issue before. The pucks seemed so far away that I never would have considered him and option to go for them anyway. But he's so damn fast that every time he sees a puck, regardless of where it is on the ice he says "my puck" and makes it happen. It's absolutely crazy. Mackinnon used to fly when he got the puck. Mackinnon is now flying all the time.

I'm really curious to see how he fatigues as the season goes on. Not only is he skating more and working harder than he ever has in each shift, but he's doing it 3-4 minutes a game more than ever. The kid is a freak.

Foppa Frossa

May 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I'm wondering about putting Soda up on the second line. He's about the only other person we have that can score some goals. Hopefully Kerfy comes back soon.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Know who's quietly been playing a steady, solid game the past while? Zadorov. I rarely have heard his name lately, which is a good thing for a defensive defender.

Also this.

32? That's mildly insane.

32 is crazy. What is interesting is that I believe that Hejduk came into the league at age 22 , so MacKinnon has compiled his 21 GWGs by an age that Hejduk was still playing in Europe.

On Zadorov, I focused on him on virtually all of his shifts and he is playing at an extremely high level defensively, perhaps close to EJ defensively at this time. He is simply controlling the play and his area of the zone whenever the puck is near him.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
The biggest difference to me is that MacKinnon is figuring out what to do with the puck finally. Remember over the lats 4 years when he'd have the puck coming down that left side like he did vs Ekblad last night his only thought would be to pull up with a button hook and try to force a stupid pass through 4 sticks? Now he knows he can attack and take what is given to him. He's also using his shot more, thankfully.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Correct, but we know he has the ability to score the hockey puck. I'm not sure about any of these other grinders.

Yeah, Dario posted an alarming statistic last night of how basically everyone not named Nathan MacKinnon has been mired in a horrid slump. I think I'm going to start a Jared Bednar & Co. thread so we don't keep derailing other threads, if this is inadvisable I'd like the mods to tell me, but I'm officially at the point where I too am getting a little tired of Bednar's current tactics.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I dunno if we should really be talking about sandwiches so much given the s*** we already get for being the colorado fanbase...

Reactions: Tweaky

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
32 is crazy. What is interesting is that I believe that Hejduk came into the league at age 22 , so MacKinnon has compiled his 21 GWGs by an age that Hejduk was still playing in Europe.

On Zadorov, I focused on him on virtually all of his shifts and he is playing at an extremely high level defensively, perhaps close to EJ defensively at this time. He is simply controlling the play and his area of the zone whenever the puck is near him.

*better than EJ...and this might be the best EJ we've seen so far. We may not be getting Zads' swagger with the puck, but against it he's been phenomenal.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
*better than EJ...and this might be the best EJ we've seen so far. We may not be getting Zads' swagger with the puck, but against it he's been phenomenal.

I love Z when he has that swagger with the puck, but having him playing the way he is right now has been something this club has missed for so long.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad