GDT: Game 3: Sharks @ Stars 5:00pm NBCSCA

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007
I feel like I would switch Eklund and Kostin in that line up.
This makes sense to me. Smith needs someone to help him with zone entry and puck possession -- he's currently being asked to carry the whole line and he's not ready for that, but he can play off talent like Eklund.

It definitely weakens the top line but you could try it. Also probably vs. Chicago, Gush could get a look in on either 2 or 1st line for Kostin, if the line still sucks tonight.

This also aligns somewhat with what Sheng and Keenan were discussing on the pod re: Smith just needing some help from someone who can carry the play (looked better with Granny, but he has to be 1C).

Chinaski89

May 17, 2019
Austin, from what I've been told by others, is a unique place in Texas. Probably the most chill California-esque of all Texas towns. The only time I've spent in Texas is during a changeover for a flight, so I have no personal experience in Austin or the rest of Texas.
Austin is like California because tens of thousands of west coasters flooded there when they couldn’t afford Seattle and SF Bay Area real estate anymore.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Lived in TX for a few years... Austin is awesome, has a whole vibe ("Keep Austin Weird") that has been a bit tech-ified lately, but still holds the best parts of TX and is usually welcoming. I highly recommend Austin City Limits to anyone. Dallas, on the other hand ... I despise Dallas, one of my least favorite cities in the union/world. I'll leave it at that, but you're absolutely right that the "bad" experience is more Dallas than Austin, I'm actually surprised you had that experience in Austin.
I wondered if it might have been non-Austin Texans visiting the Capital that we encountered.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
This game has all the makings of a thrashing, but I'm gonna choose not to be negative this early in the season.

3-2 Stars, Stankoven, Borque, Johnston, Zetterlund, Goodrow.

Reactions: Sandisfan

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I don't want to be negative. There is no reason to be negative, especially since it's only game 3. Also, most of this fanbase wants to tank anyway, so maybe winning would be a negative.

The only thing that bums me out is Celebrini not playing and wondering if the Sharks are already mishandling the situation.

Reactions: bluefunnel

YouJustGotPavelskied

Feb 15, 2009
Chico
I really wish we would try giving Goose some top 6 minutes while celebrini is injured. I understand not slotting him in on our defensive forward lines, but dang, id rather see them give the man a legitimate shot at playing a scoring role.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad