GDT: Game 3: Sharks @ Stars 5:00pm NBCSCA

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
Hoping all of my friends attending the game (including from these boards) get a big blowout Sharks win. I've always found the experience of attending games at the AAC as a Sharks fan to be a negative experience, mostly because of unruly fans that turn Sharks at Stars into "California bashing night", but also yelling "STARS" twice during the National Anthem and other things. Doesn't help when all of that is compounded with a beat down from the Stars lol.

Fingers crossed for y'all! Go Sharks!!!!!

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Hoping all of my friends attending the game (including from these boards) get a big blowout Sharks win. I've always found the experience of attending games at the AAC as a Sharks fan to be a negative experience, mostly because of unruly fans that turn Sharks at Stars into "California bashing night", but also yelling "STARS" twice during the National Anthem and other things. Doesn't help when all of that is compounded with a beat down from the Stars lol.

Fingers crossed for y'all! Go Sharks!!!!!
So I went to Austin earlier this year to see a Springsteen concert with some friends who had never seen him before (I've seen him four times now) and we had a really good time. Never been to Texas before that, so I wasn't sure what to expect, but Austin was super cool and chill and no one gave us trouble for being Californian.

The only time we felt weird the whole trip was when we went to the Capital building. My friend who isn't white started getting weird looks from randos, we got hassled for being from CA, and the vibe was super bad. I'm gonna take a wild guess and say the Stars crowd is more like that than my experience in Austin...

Star Platinum

May 11, 2024
So I went to Austin earlier this year to see a Springsteen concert with some friends who had never seen him before (I've seen him four times now) and we had a really good time. Never been to Texas before that, so I wasn't sure what to expect, but Austin was super cool and chill and no one gave us trouble for being Californian.

The only time we felt weird the whole trip was when we went to the Capital building. My friend who isn't white started getting weird looks from randos, we got hassled for being from CA, and the vibe was super bad. I'm gonna take a wild guess and say the Stars crowd is more like that than my experience in Austin...
Austin, from what I've been told by others, is a unique place in Texas. Probably the most chill California-esque of all Texas towns. The only time I've spent in Texas is during a changeover for a flight, so I have no personal experience in Austin or the rest of Texas.

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007

Lived in TX for a few years... Austin is awesome, has a whole vibe ("Keep Austin Weird") that has been a bit tech-ified lately, but still holds the best parts of TX and is usually welcoming. I highly recommend Austin City Limits to anyone. Dallas, on the other hand ... I despise Dallas, one of my least favorite cities in the union/world. I'll leave it at that, but you're absolutely right that the "bad" experience is more Dallas than Austin, I'm actually surprised you had that experience in Austin.

ChompChomp

Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX

Absolutely more like that.

ChompChomp

Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
Austin, from what I've been told by others, is a unique place in Texas. Probably the most chill California-esque of all Texas towns. The only time I've spent in Texas is during a changeover for a flight, so I have no personal experience in Austin or the rest of Texas.

In actuality, the "unique place" in Texas is where I live now, El Paso. Doesn't feel like Texas at all, but rather feels more like Arizona or New Mexico. Also no humidity or severe weather like everywhere else in Texas. And on Mountain Time as opposed to the rest of the state. It's also very chill. You just don't have Texans talking about EP because EP is the red-headed stepchild of Texas that Texans often forget about. It just needs a nonstop flight to the Bay Area, which it currently doesn't have. :mad:

It's nice being about 630 miles from the AAC now, so I don't feel compelled to attend Sharks @ Stars games anymore. :laugh: We are also nearly, down to the half mile, the same distance to Ball Arena in Denver. Would rather see the Sharks there than Dallas. Our last Sharks in-person game was last season in Tempe, which is only 440 miles away from us. We and my AZ friends from the Bay were not happy when the Yotes left town.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad