Post-Game Talk: GAME 3 - S-ꓕ-Ǝ-ſ 24 PATRIOTS 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Mac Jones had his faults after his rookie year. But this offensive line being trash didn't help.

As you can see, it doesn't matter who the QB is. Until we fix our o-line, we ain't doing shit.

Or someone asks Scar to come in and work his magic.

Reactions: rfournier103

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Mac Jones had his faults after his rookie year. But this offensive line being trash didn't help.

As you can see, it doesn't matter who the QB is. Until we fix our o-line, we ain't doing shit.

Or someone asks Scar to come in and work his magic.
Scar would not come back and let these bums tarnish his reputation!

Football used to be fun damnit. It becomes unwatchable when your QBs don't have time to go through reads on basically every play.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
1726815873201.png

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
We all knew there were going to be days like this, right?

Awful pass protection. With the offensive line as bad as it is, I can’t tell if the WRs aren’t getting open, or if Brissett isn’t releasing fast enough. Maybe both? The offense’s ills are well documented here, but I think we can put the “let Maye play” talk to bed. The only thing he’ll learn from playing in a game like this is how to take a beating, and we’ll still have no idea how good he is.

On defense… terrible tackling. I was encouraged by the first two games of the season, but it’s like most of the Patriots forgot how to tackle. I’ll give the Jets their credit - they played a tremendous game and earned the win. However, the Patriots were clearly the lesser talented team, and the coaching staff had zero answers for the Jets.

There might be another game like this coming up next week against the 49ers. Let’s see how they respond.

Last edited:

rfournier103

Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
So you put in Maye, let him take a beating and they somehow get down to redzone and you DON'T CALL A TIMEOUT to let him try and score?

Just plain dumb.
That would have been huge for Maye’s development.

We all knew that there was going to be a step down in coaching from BB. BB’s coaching isn’t what got him let go - it was personnel management.

Mayo is a rookie head coach. I just remind myself of that. Mistakes are going to happen.

Reactions: Bruinswillwin77

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
We all knew there were going to be days like this, right?

Awful pass protection. With the offensive line as bad as it is, I can’t tell if the WRs aren’t getting open, or if Brissett isn’t releasing fast enough. Maybe both? The offense’ ills are well documented here, but I think we can put the “let Maye play” talk to bed. The only thing he’ll learn from playing in a game like this is how to take a beating, and we’ll still have no idea how good he is.

On defense… terrible tackling. I was encouraged by the first two games of the season, but it’s like most of the Patriots forgot how to tackle. I’ll give the Jets their credit - they played a tremendous game and earned the win. However, the Patriots were clearly the lesser talented team, and the coaching staff had zero answers for the Jets.

There might be another game like this coming up next week against the 49ers. Let’s see how they respond.
After tonights loss we look like a 4-13 team....at best.
Get a top 5 pick, trade down for more picks and fix this O'line.
Sign a legit number 1 WR.
Missing Barmore and Bentley is huge.
Keep Maye on the bench, no sense in him getting severely hurt.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
How many times did Maye get sacked in his ~4 minutes of play? 3-4 times? Flushed out of the pocket another 2-3 times, and took a pretty good hit on one.

Keep the kid on the bench this year and let him learn
The Krafts will never let him sit the entire season, They need a reason for fans to keep coming.

If this kid is any good he will be playing very soon regardless of the talent around him.

rfournier103

Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
The Krafts will never let him sit the entire season, They need a reason for fans to keep coming.
I love Bob Kraft. I really do. He saved this team from moving to St. Louis, and I am eternally grateful.

But sometimes I think that he thinks he knows more about football than he really does. Having enough money to buy an NFL team and build a stadium doesn't make one an expert on the game of football. And I think Jon is kind of a buffoon. If Maye gets his neck broken in Week 6, the fans will really stay away in droves. The NFL isn't a gate-driven league like the NHL is. They'd still make billions without selling a single ticket. Now, if the Krafts don't want the embarrassing optics of an empty stadium and booing fans, maybe...
If this kid is any good he will be playing very soon regardless of the talent around him.
He shouldn't. Putting Maye out there as the starter is setting him up to FAIL. If this quarterback is an "investment," do the kid a solid and at least put a mediocre offensive line in front of him. All that can happen by playing him is destroying his confidence, teaching him bad habits, and getting him hurt. If he's the starter this year, the chances of Mac2.0 (see what I did there?) increase exponentially. But then maybe most people will realize that it wasn't just the quarterback that was the problem last year. This year's offense is NO better than last year's. Three games. Three offensive touchdowns.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Unfortunately for them, running the ball and playing conservative goes out the window once you do down two scores.

And if the pass protection is shit to begin with and you become one dimensional, you’re cooked.

The wheels could come off this thing pretty quickly. San Fran is beat up. You’ve got an extended time now to prepare for them.

Can you at least keep it close out there?

Reactions: rfournier103

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad