Post-Game Talk: GAME 3 - S-ꓕ-Ǝ-ſ 24 PATRIOTS 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
The way everyone is talking on 98.5, I think Maye might be in there for Miami.
For some reason I actually listened a little bit today on the ride home.

If the Patriots put Maye in this season behind this offensive line (which is a very "offensive" line), I'll be shocked if it isn't an unmitigated disaster. Maye will be only marginally better than Brissett, and likely get himself hurt with a nagging chronic injury that will dog him for the rest of his career. Sounds like a great plan, eh?

Oh, and even better... the knuckle-dragging troglodytes that comprise the bulk of the New England fanbase will flood the internet and sports-yak radio with:

*"Drake Maye sucks!!! We need a good quarterback!"
*"Maybe we can get Brady to come back!"
*"This is what we get for kicking everyone's ass for 20 years!"
*"We're gonna suck for a long time!"
*"I'm done watching this team, but I'm gonna keep watching anyway so I have shit to complain about because the rest of my life sucks!"

Yuck.

Seriously, though, I think Chris Gasper might be on to something. He was saying that Eliot Wolf did a putrid job with the '24 Draft Class (Maye excepted). The offensive line is AT BEST no better than last year's group, and according to one outlet (I forget which) ranks 32 out of 32. So far, I think Mayo and his staff deserve more than just this 2024 season to prove themselves, but if I were Bob Kraft, I'd be looking for Wolf's replacement. To quote Gasper; "flinging a bunch of stuff against the wall and seeing what sticks is no way to build an NFL offensive line." He's absolutely right.

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
For some reason I actually listened a little bit today on the ride home.

If the Patriots put Maye in this season behind this offensive line (which is a very "offensive" line), I'll be shocked if it isn't an unmitigated disaster. Maye will be only marginally better than Brissett, and likely get himself hurt with a nagging chronic injury that will dog him for the rest of his career. Sounds like a great plan, eh?

Oh, and even better... the knuckle-dragging troglodytes that comprise the bulk of the New England fanbase will flood the internet and sports-yak radio with:

*"Drake Maye sucks!!! We need a good quarterback!"
*"Maybe we can get Brady to come back!"
*"This is what we get for kicking everyone's ass for 20 years!"
*"We're gonna suck for a long time!"
*"I'm done watching this team, but I'm gonna keep watching anyway so I have shit to complain about because the rest of my life sucks!"

Yuck.

Seriously, though, I think Chris Gasper might be on to something. He was saying that Eliot Wolf did a putrid job with the '24 Draft Class (Maye excepted). The offensive line is AT BEST no better than last year's group, and according to one outlet (I forget which) ranks 32 out of 32. So far, I think Mayo and his staff deserve more than just this 2024 season to prove themselves, but if I were Bob Kraft, I'd be looking for Wolf's replacement. To quote Gasper; "flinging a bunch of stuff against the wall and seeing what sticks is no way to build an NFL offensive line." He's absolutely right.
Agree on Wolf. His "plan" was to get no LT but a bunch of maybe RTs who maybe could try to play LT. You need a real plan B if you dont get the LT you wanted in the draft. Its hard to evaluate other positions if you are not NFL caliber on the OL.

Reactions: rfournier103

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad