GDT: Game 3: Red Wings at rags 7:00 pm et 10/14/24

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I think there are things they can build off here. That second period in particular had a lot of good play. We are too perimeter as a team through three games. We need to be harder to play against.

I am hopeful that was Rasmussen's worst game of the year, that was really bad out of him and I know I usually defend him. But low effort and poor defensively isn't something I expect or seen often out of Ras. We cannot wait until the new year, kick it into gear now big man.

jaster

I am become woke, destroyer of ignorance.
Jun 8, 2007
where did you play? I'm curious...actually, send me a private message. don't wanna clog this forum up
If you think I’m going to enter a dick-measuring contest via PM about where we’ve played hockey, because you’re insecure about your goalie takes, I’ve got a recent lesson I learned regarding delusions of grandeur I’m happy to share with you.

*looks to my left*

Han?

*realizes Han has melted*

Time for another Old Fashioned!

• Haha
Reactions: RedWingzz

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
Our early PPs we need to just bomb away from the point. Make the twitchy passing lane blockers reevaluate their decisions a bit. Just rip it for maximum chaos for a while. That will open up the PK a bit.
That doesn't help if we can't win a f'n faceoff. What are we sitting at, 43% through 3 games? We ended at 50.3% won last year. What happened?

jaster

I am become woke, destroyer of ignorance.
Jun 8, 2007
Hf meet up for drunken ball hockey
...yeah, I'm in for that.
Sounds so awesome. Seriously, there are definitely some folks here I would love to provide beer to and have my first (and likely only after I tear my ACLs) attempt at ball hockey with. Sounds grand! (that was a plug, maybe we can all get comped at the MGM Grand).

Reactions: RedWingzz

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
That doesn't help if we can't win a f'n faceoff. What are we sitting at, 43% through 3 games? We ended at 50.3% won last year. What happened?
The Penguins led the league in faceoff percentage last year. Trocheck and ROR are a couple of the best guys on the planet at it. If I remember right Zibanejad I think is also traditionally quite good.

I don't think we are good at it, that is a problem. I would say the opponent is a big reason for this in terms of the smaller sample size. Since we play those two teams next this is something Newsy should spend time on during the practice before the next game.

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
I AM SICK OF LOSING DUE TO HORRIBLE DRAFTING AND MANAGEMENT.

This team takes up 100% of our cap space!
Our drafting has not been horrible at all. You just haven't given those kids the chance to not be 20 yet

The Penguins led the league in faceoff percentage last year. Trocheck and ROR are a couple of the best guys on the planet at it. If I remember right Zibanejad I think is also traditionally quite good.

I don't think we are good at it, that is a problem. I would say the opponent is a big reason for this in terms of the smaller sample size. Since we play those two teams next this is something Newsy should spend time on during the practice before the next game.
Even Larkin though. He's been one of the better faceoff guys in the league and he's been stinking too.

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
You are detached from reality if you think our drafting has been good. There’s a reason why there’s only 5 drafted players on our roster. Only 4 of which are good.

Ya. That reason is they are all 21 or younger.

Kasper, Danielson, asp, mbn, Mazur
All on their way up to the big club.

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
Ignore is a great feature.

d49e906b9a3c3b78526d918ee629e0f9.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad