GDT: Game 3: Red Wings at rags 7:00 pm et 10/14/24

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
""Bang off the dust" or "scrape off the rust" sounds like the kind of thing an Army Ranger might say before jumping into battle, and almost 6 months ago Wings fans were eager to battle the New York Rangers in the first round of the playoffs. But alas, that did not happen. Instead we're here in the Empire State ready to do battle again, and each team has the same wins record and is dealing with the same rust and dust, but as always for Detroit fans, a win today is a "must"."

- Plausible Keats

Last edited:

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Game is on NHL Network so many of us won’t be able to watch…

1728942279535.png

No one should be wasting their time on Rempe.
Right...If the guy tries getting cute - pull a Kasparitis on him and submarine his ass at the knees.

The Real Pastafarian

Registered dipshit
Apr 4, 2020
Ohio (OH? IO.)
Ugh, Watson offers so little.

I don't mind Watson -- he looked really solid and high-energy in the preseason. Even completely discounting the face-punching element, Watson looked like a pretty good hockey player.

He looked quite a bit better than Motte. I'm hoping Watson has a great game and stays up, and when Fischer gets back we do something with Motte. Probably just sit Motte, since Fischer was never put on IR.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
For those trying to get the game you can do a 7 day free trial at SlingTV. Make sure you select the sports package.

EDIT: it's $20 promotion for the full month. Maybe check HULU for the free trial

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
For those trying to get the game you can do a 7 day free trial at SlingTV. Make sure you select the sports package.
I remember when I switched to working days and a buddy at work told me about Sling and I signed up, only to have all the contracts and blackout rules change immediately. :( NHLN was fine, and ESPN+ has been OK... (nice to just click onto a Marvel/Star Wars movie I like on Disney+ without having to dig out a blu-ray.)

I dk what's going to happen with Bally/post-Bally, etc., but I will always need my Detroit feed for Ken & Mick, and whoever comes after. Ozzie & DDK? I guess DDK is more of the desk guy. Trev and Ozzie? I could get into some Trev & Ozzie calling games, as long as Ozzie drops his "shy boy" act and starts telling stories like Mick does.

Austrianwing

Apr 29, 2021
The NHL doesn't hate all its fans, Austrianwing. The NHL just hates you.

You might be right.
I remember trying to sign up for the NHL package a few years back. Website did not work, and nobody answered my phone calls.
I mean jeez, "Take my money! Please!"
"Nope, you aren't worthy..."

The Real Pastafarian

Registered dipshit
Apr 4, 2020
Ohio (OH? IO.)
The first cocktail of the evening: The Lost Lake, from the bar Lost Lake, the best tiki bar in Chicago, until it closed permanently in early 2022:

0.75 oz lime
0.75 oz passion fruit syrup
0.5 oz pineapple juice
0.25 oz maraschino liqueur
0.25 oz Campari
2 oz Jamaican rum (I used a combo of Smith & Cross, Wray & Nephew, and Appleton 12)

Shake all with crushed ice and dump into chilled large-volume hurricane glass; garnish with lime and orange peel, pineapple frond, cherry, add straw.

Austrianwing

Apr 29, 2021
Maybe I'll get lucky and some mariner will secretly slip me an updated nautical chart, since it has been many moons since my days of sailing the high seas under a jolly dark flag :naughty:

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
The first cocktail of the evening: The Lost Lake, from the bar Lost Lake, the best tiki bar in Chicago, until it closed permanently in early 2022:

0.75 oz lime
0.75 oz passion fruit syrup
0.5 oz pineapple juice
0.25 oz maraschino liqueur
0.25 oz Campari
2 oz Jamaican rum (I used a combo of Smith & Cross, Wray & Nephew, and Appleton 12)

Shake all with crushed ice and dump into chilled large-volume hurricane glass; garnish with lime and orange peel, pineapple frond, cherry, add straw.
I have devolved to simple Bulleit & Coke, with some chicken nuggets for the oven.

Grocery shopping today and committed to getting my soffits and fascia done - FINALLY. Anyone with a house knows the relief of cutting that "half down now" check that means the planning and haggling is over, and it's just gonna get DONE.

Tomorrow I cook real food.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad