GDT: Game 3: Ottawa Senators at Montreal Canadiens 7:00 EST (City/TVAS) - First Saturday Night Game of the Season

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
MSL would literally be the absolutely perfect assistant coach. He clearly has good relationships with players. But you can see the lack of experience.

However, I still think he's helpful for a rebuilding squad because of the confidence he gives to players. But unless he develops incredibly, he probably won't be here to reap the benefits.
That’s interesting. I like my X and O’s guys to be assistant way more than the motivator.

I want the messaging to come from a credible and spirited person like MSL. He excels at motivating , applying skills to the game while having the past history to justify it. A head coach like that seems to me like a great way for a team to progress and grow.

A guy like Carbo was a great X and O’s coach, but an abysmal ( i gathered from the time) communicator and had no patience for young players. His sink or swim approach was akin to a dad just throwing his kid in the pool and looking at him while screaming instructions about how to act and be a man. But he could form cohesive special teams like that and decipher what the other team’s strategy could be countered. We are missing that dynamic so bad.

Reactions: Natey

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
That’s interesting. I like my X and O’s guys to be assistant way more than the motivator.

I want the messaging to come from a credible and spirited person like MSL. He excels at motivating , applying skills to the game while having the past history to justify it. A head coach like that seems to me like a great way for a team to progress and grow.

A guy like Carbo was a great X and O’s coach, but an abysmal ( i gathered from the time) communicator and had no patience for young players. His sink or swim approach was akin to a dad just throwing his kid in the pool and looking at him while screaming instructions about how to act and be a man. But he could form cohesive special teams like that and decipher what the other team’s strategy could be countered. We are missing that dynamic so bad.
You could maybe sell me on that but we haven't really surrounded him with that. I think the best team is a motivator assistant, an x&o assistant, and someone who is a little mix of both as the head.

Reactions: Gustave

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
You could maybe sell me on that but we haven't really surrounded him with that. I think the best team is a motivator assistant, an x&o assistant, and someone who is a little mix of both as the head.
Yup, we need to surround MSL better, gray hairs are missing around him.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
No matter how bad Habs may play tonight remember this folks

1728771704121.png

Reactions: Gravity

CAUFIELD

Oct 16, 2015
I don't necessarily disagree with you but dmen are, to be exact, 1 year more experienced for the most part yeah

Guhle looks even better than before
but
Barron and Xhekaj should be better and will lose their spots eventually

...and Matheson is what this fanbase deserves for falling in love with garbage flashy players but that's another debate
Xhekaj is not in the same situation compared to Barron.

X is just back from a big shoulder injury. Timing is off but he’ll get it back . He ´s one of our unicorn. He stays in the starting lineup whatever happens . We need his physical presence period.

Reactions: Habano

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Renaud can’t help himself; he HAD to ask Andlauer if Quebec needs to comeback to the NHL….

TVA Spanre is relentless

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad