GDT: Game 3: Ottawa Senators at Montreal Canadiens 7:00 EST (City/TVAS) - First Saturday Night Game of the Season

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Oh no, the AI's have gotten a hold of TRT lol

I actually have no issues with MSL. He's a players coach, who stands up for his players. With the team being so young, that is exactly the type of coach I'd hope we'd have. As the team matures though. I'd like to see a more veteran coach added to the staff.
Ive listened to a few of his conferences on hockey. Very smart person. Knows the technical side of the game and has the people skills as well. I read the comments on him and I have trouble not letting my contempt show. The team plays like it's the second youngest team in the league and doesn't yet have the soldiers. The defense plays like its filled with sub 25 defensemen. These are roster issues, not coaching issues. If they fire him, he'll have success elsewhere and we'll hear how the organization once again dropped the ball. Anyways, one of the many reasons why I don't post that much outside of the GDT anymore. Too many people that either have never played the game or don't understand it with stupid opinions.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
I would have searched for assistant coaches with experience. You think gallant is useless , I think MSL is so it’s a wash lol
No it isn't because MSL is not useless. Players have improved with him coaching. HuGo should insist some veteran assistants be added though.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Do people not pay attention to the team? Management said they expect to be in the mix. Laine should be coming at some point this year and he shouldn't be the sole difference between being a bottom-feeder and trying to contend for a spot.
I am not only not sure about "being in the mix"...I am not sure if this team has even improved over last season. Time will tell and I hope that I am wrong.

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
MSL is not useless but the lack of system or improvement of concepts applied is becoming an issue.
MSL would literally be the absolutely perfect assistant coach. He clearly has good relationships with players. But you can see the lack of experience.

However, I still think he's helpful for a rebuilding squad because of the confidence he gives to players. But unless he develops incredibly, he probably won't be here to reap the benefits.

Reactions: nhlfan9191

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
That 4th line could legit be one of the best 4th lines in hockey. Hope they fly tonight.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
MSL would literally be the absolutely perfect assistant coach. He clearly has good relationships with players. But you can see the lack of experience.

However, I still think he's helpful for a rebuilding squad because of the confidence he gives to players. But unless he develops incredibly, he probably won't be here to reap the benefits.
I do question management with the decision to surround MSL with coaches no more or even less experienced than he is.

xX SEYF Xx

Apr 5, 2022
Montreal
I am not only not sure about "being in the mix"...I am not sure if this team has even improved over last season. Time will tell and I hope that I am wrong.
Going from:
No Dach to Dach : improvement
No Hutson to Hutson: improvement
Jake the tank commander to Montembeault full time: improvement
1st line half a season to 1st line full season: improvement
One more year experience to all the young group: improvement

Only regression is Monahan gone imo

Reactions: Kennerback

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
The MSL weird hate is so forced lol.
I never liked the 4th line so I dunno, I was happy to see Heineman and Kapanen? Better try and win at hockey instead of bottom tier gooning imo. Sit mid vets, play kids… Soon as Hutson is on pp1 everyone will love msl again I bet.

Last edited:

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Going from:

what about the PP , defensively overall tho
both are bad

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Going from:

What system is being implemented? Are the Dmen more experienced?
When a career minor leaguer like ABB makes the opening night line up you simply aren't a very good team. We all have opinions and mine may be in the minority.
Oh, and have you noticed that this team can't win a face off?

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
What system is being implemented? Are the Dmen more experienced?
When a career minor leaguer like ABB makes the opening night line up you simply aren't a very good team. We all have opinions and mine may be in the minority.
Oh, and have you noticed that this team can't win a face off?

I don't necessarily disagree with you but dmen are, to be exact, 1 year more experienced for the most part yeah

Guhle looks even better than before
but
Barron and Xhekaj should be better and will lose their spots eventually

...and Matheson is what this fanbase deserves for falling in love with garbage flashy players but that's another debate

Reactions: The Real Timo

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
No it isn't because MSL is not useless. Players have improved with him coaching. HuGo should insist some veteran assistants be added though.

I think players have improved on the curve projected. If we had a PP you would see real progression. So why does our PP suck if MSL is such a good x's and o's guy? Why are they often lost, refuse to shoot and turning the puck over? Even with Slaf, Nick, Cole, Dach and MM I would expect an average PP this year and the pre season. Even without Laine we should NOT be dead last or near bottom on the PP.

5 on 5 I totally understand why we blow but c'mon I expect more from the PP. I just wanted some veteral coaches added, it was brutal to have Burrows added on.

lol @ the amount of people that think putting Pezz in the line up is the answer.

Were so f***ed
nobody suggesting it's an answer, but in certain games you need a certain makeup of players. But lemme guess, ABB on the PP is awesome right?

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
I do question management with the decision to surround MSL with coaches no more or even less experienced than he is.
They need a dedicated PP coach. Not just MSL but every other coach in the NHL should. He absolutely does not have time to do both, especially in Montreal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad