GDT: Game 3: Ottawa Senators at Montreal Canadiens 7:00 EST (City/TVAS) - First Saturday Night Game of the Season

Jul 6, 2016
With Ullmark in goals, Sens have now a very competitive team with some elite talents. If Habs had problems beating them over the last two seasons, it won’t get better this one.

Reactions: SwiftyHab

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
With Ullmark in goals, Sens have now a very competitive team with some elite talents. If Habs had problems beating them over the last two seasons, it won’t get better this one.
Ullmark is better than what they had but not significantly

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
No, it wouldn’t.

Yeah, I'm not going to be a Sens fan and try to ignore what my own management team says for the sake of not being disappointed.

The team explicitly said that they expect to be in the mix deep into year. That's their stated goal, whether you like it or not.

If they don't meet that goal, they failed.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Yeah, I'm not going to be a Sens fan and try to ignore what my own management team says for the sake of not being disappointed.

The team explicitly said that they expect to be in the mix deep into year. That's their stated goal, whether you like it or not.

I presume they said they hope to be in contention for a playoff spot this season.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022

If their younger guys gets them there, fine. They wanna see some improvements by the players who will be here for years but you really need to read between the lines, they clearly know the team isn’t going to be good. It’s the same team as last season. They want organic growth.

Their futur best player isn’t even here yet and he is 18 years old.

Rebuilds are long and this one isn’t done at all.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
If their younger guys gets them there, fine. They wanna see some improvements by the players who will be here for years but you really need to read between the lines, they clearly know the team isn’t going to be good. It’s the same team as last season. They want organic growth.

Their futur best player isn’t even here yet and he is 18 years old.

Rebuilds are long and this one isn’t done at all.

'Reading between the lines' is just you reading what you want to read into a goal they've set that's relatively black and white (we don't have to make the playoffs but we can't be a bottom-feeder).

I think you're being a fetishist about the rebuild and I don't think that aligns with anything the players or management is saying.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
quality coaches speeds up the rebuild though....
No
Drafting and acquiring and developing assets properly speeds up the rebuild

The problem is people want to Microwave the whole thing in 30 seconds instead of using the slowcooker

And we STILL have a couple problem contracts we need to shed before a coach can have the real team we are trying to build

This is not the 'near' finished product yet
They didn't hire MSL to oversee us finish last 3 years then can him for someone else to swoop in once the team is finally closer to the constructing goal

Name me 3 'quality coaches' you would hire instead of MSL RIGHT now, GO
Lol

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
'Reading between the lines' is just you reading what you want to read into a goal they've set that's relatively black and white (we don't have to make the playoffs but we can't be a bottom-feeder).

I think you're being a fetishist about the rebuild and I don't think that aligns with anything the players or management is saying.
The players want to contend this season. What management expects may be completely different. And of course expectations may be different now that Laine is out 2-3 months.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
The players want to contend this season. What management expects may be completely different. And of course expectations may be different now that Laine is out 2-3 months.

Do people not pay attention to the team? Management said they expect to be in the mix. Laine should be coming at some point this year and he shouldn't be the sole difference between being a bottom-feeder and trying to contend for a spot.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Do people not pay attention to the team? Management said they expect to be in the mix. Laine should be coming at some point this year and he shouldn't be the sole difference between being a bottom-feeder and trying to contend for a spot.
No but he could be the difference between 16th and 21-22nd. They got Laine to make 2 solid lines.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
View attachment 915450

View attachment 915451

View attachment 915452

View attachment 915453

View attachment 915455

View attachment 915457

View attachment 915458

View attachment 915459

View attachment 915460

View attachment 915461

View attachment 915562

View attachment 915464

Lines are what I pulled as of Thursday when I made these up. I'll update the lines later today if I get the chance, and if not, I'll update the message with links to lines elsewhere. GHG!!!

Edit: Habs lines updated. I haven't saw the Senators lines posted anywhere yet. Probably wont have time to update any Sens lines before puck drop.
Top notch job on the GDT

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
No
Drafting and acquiring and developing assets properly speeds up the rebuild

The problem is people want to Microwave the whole thing in 30 seconds instead of using the slowcooker

And we STILL have a couple problem contracts we need to shed before a coach can have the real team we are trying to build

This is not the 'near' finished product yet
They didn't hire MSL to oversee us finish last 3 years then can him for someone else to swoop in once the team is finally closer to the constructing goal

Name me 3 'quality coaches' you would hire instead of MSL RIGHT now, GO
Lol

I never said I had the solutions, but MSL wasn't even a coach when we hired him. I mean what was wrong with asking Muller, or Gallant to hang around? Kirk just left to Washington last year. Why did we hire so many people to run a rebuild with no experience? Burrows?

I honestly don't care about a slow rebuild at all, I think we need many more pieces yet. If they wanted MSL as a coach, I would have liked more experience to help him out

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
I never said I had the solutions, but MSL wasn't even a coach when we hired him. I mean what was wrong with asking Muller, or Gallant to hang around? Kirk just left to Washington last year. Why did we hire so many people to run a rebuild with no experience? Burrows?

I honestly don't care about a slow rebuild at all, I think we need many more pieces yet. If they wanted MSL as a coach, I would have liked more experience to help him out
Gallant is a useless coach. Did Muller have any chance of being the head coach?

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
This is a loss for sure. I can smell it.

Also I like MSL but I don't mind posters who don't like him. Its not like Therrien or Julien had all star rosters and those two guys got destroyed all the time (by me) . I don't see why Marty should be immune to criticism even if the roster is bad....the roster is always bad on paper regardless of our coach lol its been like 20 years of this

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad