GDT: Game 3: Ottawa Senators at Montreal Canadiens 7:00 EST (City/TVAS) - First Saturday Night Game of the Season

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014

There's no one in that lineup, if I'm on the sens defense, that scares the living shit out of me when I need to go retrieve pucks.

I'm glad both Heineken and Kapanen get to play together, but we need some hairy balls in that fwd group. Badly.

They're gonna start asking Slaf to play like Justin Brazeau because the guys on the 3rd and 4th line can't do it.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Oh noes! Bon pti gars d'chez nous is pas bon? No Pezz again. MSL is hopeless.

There's no one in that lineup, if I'm on the sens defense, that scares the living shit out of me when I need to go retrieve pucks.

I'm glad both Heineken and Kapanen get to play together, but we need some hairy balls in that fwd group. Badly.
Slaf, Dach, Anderson and Armia need to start paying their size.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Interesting

Just been 2 games but Evans has heavily outplayed Dvorak who has already costed us by being unable to do the ONE thing he's supposed to be good at : winning face offs

Glad he demoted him, but feel bad for Hein and Kap sigh
Kapanen really should be next to Dach-Newhook.....
Dvorak's line has been the 4th line since the 1st game of the season. That was clear from the last pre-season game too. Media is just slow to realize how things changes.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Oh noes! Bon pti gars d'chez nous is pas bon? No Pezz again. MSL is hopeless.

Slaf, Dach, Anderson and Armia need to start paying their size.

Yeah, those guys can protecc the puck (except Anderson) and use their reach and yadda yadda, but I'm talking about getting pucks in behind the D and start pummeling guys.

None of those guys are that kind of player. Anderson used to be, but MSL wants to turn him into Armia.

Slaf can do that, but he also plays 18-20 min. per game...he wont be able to sustain that.

Kent needs to build the bottom 6 accordingly.

Reactions: MXD

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
I would've preferred Pezzetta in the lineup, but it's great to have Heineman and Kapanen in the lineup.

What is Dvorak doing anyways?

Yeah, those guys can protecc the puck (except Anderson) and use their reach and yadda yadda, but I'm talking about getting pucks in behind the D and start pummeling guys.

None of those guys are that kind of player. Anderson used to be, but MSL wants to turn him into Armia.

Slaf can do that, but he also plays 18-20 min. per game...he wont be able to sustain that.

To be honest i think it's just about Anderson getting old and shit.

Reactions: The Real Timo

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019

Oh totally agree... but that's what I meant too. There is no reason these abovementioned 4 can;t bear down on a D from behind and make them nervous about being pasted to the glass.

Habs are so f***ing soff!

Reactions: Habs10Habs

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Not gonna lie
I want this one bad lol
Like BAD
More than vs Boston

Gimmie a 5-2 win boys, I've been good lately!

Interesting

Just been 2 games but Evans has heavily outplayed Dvorak who has already costed us by being unable to do the ONE thing he's supposed to be good at : winning face offs

Glad he demoted him, but feel bad for Hein and Kap sigh
Kapanen really should be next to Dach-Newhook.....
I would've preferred Pezzetta in the lineup, but it's great to have Heineman and Kapanen in the lineup.

What is Dvorak doing anyways?
So in true MSL fashion, return to starting lineups. I'm going to bet Guhle/Huston is a thing again by the 3rd period thought. It was just that superior.

Last game? Failing at his one job: faceoffs.

Kapanen will center the 4th line long before the TDL...

Dvorak is just not a good Center. I think he'd be more useful to the team on the wing. We'll see if Kapanen or Newhook end up being used a C, finally pushing Dvo to where he can better help the team (and not hurt the team with losing key faceoffs and being behind the play).

Last edited:

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
It's pretty obvious at this point that Pezzetta is not in MSL's plans. 3 straight scratches...if they don't value his grit, maybe they need move him.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
It's pretty obvious at this point that Pezzetta is not in MSL's plans. 3 straight scratches...if they don't value his grit, maybe they need move him.

Disagree. Pezz is a vet making around league min who is capable of riding it out in the box and giving it 100% every time he gets put in the line-up. A team needs that out of its 13th ( or 14th) forward. Young guys like Heinamen and Kapanen aren't gaining anything from sitting in the press box, they need to be getting minutes. If we trade Pezz just to trade him we would need to call up a forward from Laval to be in the same situation he's in now, only Laval would be in a worse spot.

Vets like Pezz and ABB are exactly who you want in the box as your 13/14 guys.

Reactions: bsl and Habs10Habs

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002

They're gonna start asking Slaf to play like Justin Brazeau because the guys on the 3rd and 4th line can't do it.

agreed, this team is so soft , injuries will pile up when dudes start playing a game they really cannot. WTF does this team have against Pez anyways?

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
MSL is getting on my nerves big time. Another clueless coach a-la Tremblay. Maybe nicer as a person but not a good coach.

MSL is getting on my nerves big time. Another clueless coach a-la Tremblay. Maybe nicer as a person but not the right coach for the Habs anymore. Of course it will take another 5 years or so before management realizes that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad