GDT: Game 3: Hawks @ Preds: **** Show Starts at 8:30 CT l CSN-CH, CNBC, TVAS, SN1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
tumblr_ookqsv2m431w8vvh3o1_540.png

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Oduya in the lineup?

*checks*

Yep.

Loss.

On to game 4.

Robsker

Nov 8, 2014
Q has lost it, he needs to go his roster management is asinine

He is in a tough spot at the moment. A change would signal panic and likely be viewed as impugning certain players for the earlier losses. Not good. No change and well... that too may be a problem. Rough situation for the coach.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
He is in a tough spot at the moment. A change would signal panic and likely be viewed as impugning certain players for the earlier losses. Not good. No change and well... that too may be a problem. Rough situation for the coach.

A situation he placed himself in by prioritizing loyalty over merit.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Preds come out flying, Hawks weather the storm and eventually score first, but Preds tie it late. Hawks win in OT.... And then blow em out in game 4 to tie it up 2-2.

Robsker

Nov 8, 2014
A situation he placed himself in by prioritizing loyalty over merit.

I agree. Still... rough position not just for Q but the team.

I am stumped by the Kempny snub this past almost month. Oduya is not any longer an answer. So... yes here (and elsewhere) Q's propensity for experience over meritorious youth is evident.

Hopefully the Hawks can win this tonight. My guess is Nashville will be flying and laying guys out. A Hawks goal as the first score will be needed to cool their fire and their fans. If they score first... that would be really, really bad.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

True but Q had plenty of chances in the RS to try every combo possible and that he may try at PO time ... but once again he fails to do that and introduces brand new lines in April. Ridiculous!

Will he get away with all of the poor decisions once again this season?

And should it happen..................... is it not enough for Q's team to lose in the first round two years in succession to create doubts in Hawks' management eyes?

It's not just Kich folks?

Sir Loin

Apr 19, 2014
Chicago
Why do I keep seeing "Oduya, Oduya Oduya.......blah blah blah blah...."

You all know the Hawks haven't scored a ****ing goal yet, right?

Kempny for Oduya is going to solve that?

No, scoring multiple ****ing goals will help. Or how about just one?!

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014

Having a defensemen who can jump into the play helps generate chances. Kempny does that, Oduya not so much anymore.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014

Offense starts from the back end. Particularly in the Blackhawks system.

If the Blackhawks D cannot get the puck out of their zone efficiently, hit the forwards in stride and activate behind them, then the Blackhawks scoring will go down.

The best way to cripple the Blackhawks offense has always been through their defense. There's a reason Keith, not a huge goal-scorer is one of if not THE most important player on this team, and it ain't solely for his stickwork without the puck in his own end.

We need better skating options out of the Dzone and we need more mobility to actually get the puck back more efficiently when the opposition has it in our zone. Oduya brings neither and he's not even a particularly good passer like Seabrook is. (though not thus far in this series).

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

Right on. I think if the team elevates their game as a group that JO will be one of them, and will look a lot better. He may have lost a step but his experience is hard to match.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
The scary thing is Oduya will probably be/look WORSE tonight because we're on the road and Lavi is a good coach. He sees what everybody else (aside from Q sees). He's going to throw the Forsberg line over the boards every time Seabrook and Oduya hit the ice.

If there's a prop bet for a Forsberg hat trick tonight, I would take it.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I wonder how many coaches would have brought in Darling last game and depending how SD plays considers him to start game 3? More than a few I reckon. Not Q of course.

CC needs to be on a short leash tonight (he says as he prays for no softies).

Sir Loin

Apr 19, 2014
Chicago
Having a defensemen who can jump into the play helps generate chances. Kempny does that, Oduya not so much anymore.

Offense starts from the back end. Particularly in the Blackhawks system.

If the Blackhawks D cannot get the puck out of their zone efficiently, hit the forwards in stride and activate behind them, then the Blackhawks scoring will go down.

The best way to cripple the Blackhawks offense has always been through their defense. There's a reason Keith, not a huge goal-scorer is one of if not THE most important player on this team, and it ain't solely for his stickwork without the puck in his own end.

We need better skating options out of the Dzone and we need more mobility to actually get the puck back more efficiently when the opposition has it in our zone. Oduya brings neither and he's not even a particularly good passer like Seabrook is. (though not thus far in this series).

C'mon guys, I can smell the poo-emoji from here. I'm not even arguing the fact that Kempny would do a better job than J.O. at the moment. But please...I have nothing against that move at this point, but as if he's the offensive spark that's going to change the series....come on.

Doesn't feel like it would make a damn difference right now.

Kane, Toews, Hoss, Hartman, Panik, The Great One Marcus Kruger, 3C, Bread, Where the **** YOU at?

Sir Loin

Apr 19, 2014
Chicago
I wonder how many coaches would have brought in Darling last game and depending how SD plays considers him to start game 3? More than a few I reckon. Not Q of course.

CC needs to be on a short leash tonight (he says as he prays for no softies).

You know, it worked last time....Why not?

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Q tried to fix something that was not broken which resulted in the hawks great play coming to a sudden halt. They have been a sh!t show ever since.

I hope he gets shown the door

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
I don't think I have seen the Hawks boards or fan base as a whole in this chaotic form, we all complain and all from time to time but this situation is just rare...

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
C'mon guys, I can smell the poo-emoji from here. I'm not even arguing the fact that Kempny would do a better job than J.O. at the moment. But please...I have nothing against that move at this point, but as if he's the offensive spark that's going to change the series....come on.

Doesn't feel like it would make a damn difference right now.

Kane, Toews, Hoss, Hartman, Panik, The Great One Marcus Kruger, 3C, Bread, Where the **** YOU at?

They're alone, on an island, starving for support against a 5 man unit because their D aren't good enough at getting them the puck in stride through the neutral zone or activating behind them.

So they just dump it in for the most mobile D core in the league to pick behind their own net and move down the ice to assert more pressure on the ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad