GDT: GAME #3: BLACKHAWKS @ LEAFS | MON 9-OCT @ 7PM | TSN4

Status
Not open for further replies.

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
My only question is why didn't Freddie get his stick when the puck was at the other end? It was literally 3 feet from the net

But apparently Babs said “he put the work in this summer” lol ya right he looked slower than molasses

GrizzLeaf

Registered Bear
Aug 13, 2010
Quebec
Leafs have been taking it the Hawks. Just have to finish.

Both Hawks goals had some luck to them.

Wayyy not the time to panic

Reactions: draeko17

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Thats a horrible excuse.

Maybe. But I wouldn't say it's totally inaccurate. Marner should know better for sure, but it's not unbelievable that he'd watch his linemates consistently miss assignments and be weak defensively and see no loss in ice time and think he can get away with the same crap. It's been half a decade now of the same thing with two different coaches now. Bozak-JVR-Whoever is piss poor defensively, but never see any repercussions.

Neither of them can be brought back. They just can't. They're too much of a liability. Even if there's a loss of offence with their absence (which I don't think would be that major due to this teams depth) the goals that would be prevented with more defensively minded players would offset that.

FabledKnight

Feb 20, 2008
Maybe Gardiner shouldn't be up against the toews line. Panik easily pushed him off the puck.

Hainsey and Reilly maybe a better match up.

Marners line needs to be broken up. But who to shuffle? Matthews and Kadri line look good.

Martin Bozak Marner
JVR Fehr Brown?

GrizzLeaf

Registered Bear
Aug 13, 2010
Quebec
Both goals had some luck to them. Not worried.

The Leafs have been in the Hawks end at least as much if not more than in their end. And they've looked good on the offensive. The goals are gonna come.

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
Gardiner looking a bit passive

Matthews line hasn't been that bad so far.

I think we're ok as long as we score the next one. 1st goal was unlucky, 2nd goal defensive breakdown, maybe a bit on the first one too. Guys look a bit lost against the Hawks. To be expected, much better team than what we've played against so far.

Also sucks you can't really chip and chase around Keith which might be an issue for Kadri/Komarov

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Its only the start of the year but this game makes me feel like we should sell JVR and Bozak and just draft the next guys to play with the big 3, get more mature and play Kappy and Leivo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad