GDT: Game 3/82 Blues @ Knights 9PM CST BSMW

Klank Loves You

Feb 21, 2015
He got stripped because Faulk gave him puck in bad position, He had 2 guys all over him as soon as he received pass.
Yeah. "Horrible" is probably hyperbole. Im still trying to figure out his ceiling. Feels + in most places, but i've yet to see flashes of brilliance. Top players find a way to get it done against all the odds. Not all the time. But enough. Im just being super critical of the new toy.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
If he's comfortable with it and puts in the work on non-gamedays. let him have at it.
He's awful at it. He's 1 of 8 on faceoffs tonight. He's not good defensively at C. He the 2nd worst xGA/60 on the team through the first 2 games, and he's a great defensive forward when at wing. It doesn't matter how much time he works on non-gamedays. He has been a wing for over half his life. 3, 6 months of practices isn't going to make him an NHL caliber C.

DoubleK81

It's always something with these pricks.
Sep 10, 2010
PETRO SUCKS
He's awful at it. He's 1 of 8 on faceoffs tonight. He's not good defensively at C. He the 2nd worst xGA/60 on the team through the first 2 games, and he's a great defensive forward when at wing. It doesn't matter how much time he works on non-gamedays. He has been a wing for over half his life. 3, 6 months of practices isn't going to make him an NHL caliber C.
The only way to get better at something is to keep at it. I don't think anyone really expects high level results from the team this year, so if you want to give someone a legitimate shot at improving at a needed position, f*** it.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
The only way to get better at something is to keep at it. I don't think anyone really expects high level results from the team this year, so if you want to give someone a legitimate shot at improving at a needed position, f*** it.
Name 3 NHL players who have successfully converted from playing wing their whole life to Center in their late 20s? We need a LHD, let's let him practice a whole bunch at D and see how it works out. We'd be better off letting Holloway or Bolduc try 2C if we don't care about winning. They have actually played organized hockey at C at some point in their life.

DoubleK81

It's always something with these pricks.
Sep 10, 2010
PETRO SUCKS
Name 3 NHL players who have successfully converted from playing wing their whole life to Center in their late 20s? We need a LHD, let's let him practice a whole bunch at D and see how it works out. We'd be better off letting Holloway or Bolduc try 2C if we don't care about winning. They have actually played organized hockey at C at some point in their life.
For some reason, i'm recalling that Buch has played C for more than a couple games before his NHL career, which is the whole reason they've been giving him a shot. Maybe i'm wrong.

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
Pavol Demitra
Keith Tkachuk(actually in his mid 30's when he made the swap)
Ryan Hartman

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Pavol Demitra
Keith Tkachuk(actually in his mid 30's when he made the swap)
Ryan Hartman

Demitra was a C in the Czech league before coming to NHL. Hartman's draft scouting report has him as a C/LW. He played some C in juniors. Buchnevich did not play C prior to NHL from what I have heard and can find. I don't remember Tkachuk being very good at C, and didn't look to deeply into his pre-NHL history

Edit: I said Demitra was C in KHL, I meant Czech League. He started in Czech league and ended in KHL. Elite prospects lists him as a C for that season in the Czevh league in 92-93.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $681.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki
    Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki
    Wagers: 2