GDT: GAME 3 10/17 8 PM - The BRUINS visit Portage and Main | NESN, TSN3, TVAS, 98.5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Here is the TSN video the situation room used

https://www.nhl.com/news/jets-win-coachs-challenge-against-bruins/c-282765584?tid=277729160

At 4:43 of the second period in the Bruins/Jets game, Winnipeg requested a Coach's Challenge to review whether Boston was off-side prior to Zdeno Chara's goal.

After reviewing all available replays and consulting with NHL Hockey Operations staff, the Linesman determined that Boston's Ryan Spooner was off-side prior to the goal. According to Rule 78.7, "The standard for overturning the call in the event of a 'GOAL' call on the ice is that the Linesman, after reviewing any and all available replays and consulting with the Toronto Video Room, determines that one or more Players on the attacking team preceded the puck into the attacking zone prior to the goal being scored and that, as a result, the play should have been stopped for an "Off-side" infraction; where this standard is met, the goal will be disallowed."

Therefore the original call is overturned - no goal Boston Bruins.

The clock is re-set to show 15:28 (4:32 elapsed time), when the off-side infraction occurred.

Since the Coach's Challenge resulted in the original call being overturned, the Winnipeg Jets retain their time-out.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
The Bruins passing tonight is horrid

It is.

Maybe it's because the Bruins give other teams so much time to break-out in the 1-4 forecheck and my perception is skewed, but sometimes it looks like the Bruins are the worst team in the league at executing a clean break-out play. And it's not just the fault of the D, the forwards aren't helping them, bobbling passes and making foolhardy plays.

Few other thoughts after 2.

The young D have settled down a bit since the 1st. We might see this as a trend in the early going of the season.

Rask is on his game.

Krejci's line still not getting much done, very little sustained zone time.

Dominic Moore has been a nice add for Boston.

Thank goodness for Pasta. 4 already. 30 might be a walk in the park. Sweeney get him signed ASAP.

The Zdeno goal was clearly offsides on the TSN feed.

Jimmy Hayes still isn't a good hockey player.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I disagree, not too bad for 3 guys who don't total 60 games in the nhl.

You're talking about two different things.

There is our general standing in the league as far as defense. My thoughts on that, along with most everyone else, is bottom of the barrel.

Then, there is our general opinion as to how these Dmen are performing, based on their lack of past experience. My opinion and yours is "not great, but certainly not too bad".

You're confusing the first point that was made for opposing the second which it was not.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
The boarding call on Chara was crap...but they didn't do much thinking about it. Boom. Call.

What irritates me is the pondering that goes on when a Bruins is fouled.

There isn't a instant reaction.

The different standard the Bruins face the majority of nights is what burns my toast.

MOST of the calls on Boston I can understand, it's the non calls against the opposition Clode shouldn't be able to tolerate.

I give the guy a lot of credit...he can really bite his lip. He's forced to do it constantly.

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
Here is the TSN video the situation room used

https://www.nhl.com/news/jets-win-coachs-challenge-against-bruins/c-282765584?tid=277729160

At 4:43 of the second period in the Bruins/Jets game, Winnipeg requested a Coach's Challenge to review whether Boston was off-side prior to Zdeno Chara's goal.

After reviewing all available replays and consulting with NHL Hockey Operations staff, the Linesman determined that Boston's Ryan Spooner was off-side prior to the goal. According to Rule 78.7, "The standard for overturning the call in the event of a 'GOAL' call on the ice is that the Linesman, after reviewing any and all available replays and consulting with the Toronto Video Room, determines that one or more Players on the attacking team preceded the puck into the attacking zone prior to the goal being scored and that, as a result, the play should have been stopped for an "Off-side" infraction; where this standard is met, the goal will be disallowed."

Therefore the original call is overturned - no goal Boston Bruins.

The clock is re-set to show 15:28 (4:32 elapsed time), when the off-side infraction occurred.

Since the Coach's Challenge resulted in the original call being overturned, the Winnipeg Jets retain their time-out.

It's crazy how much higher quality that camera is than NESN's.

rainone99

Dec 21, 2010
Montreal
You're talking about two different things.

There is our general standing in the league as far as defense. My thoughts on that, along with most everyone else, is bottom of the barrel.

Then, there is our general opinion as to how these Dmen are performing, based on their lack of past experience. My opinion and yours is "not great, but certainly not too bad".

You're confusing the first point that was made for opposing the second which it was not.

No not really.. I knew we'd be bad, I knew we'd be 30 out of 30, but I think we will just be getting better the more they play....They just need to get a few games in... The talent and the decision making is there....your looking at today, tonight game 3...I'm looking at it as a 2016-2017 defense core...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad