Post-Game Talk: GAME 28 - The effort was there but...... Tampa 3 BRUINS 2 FINAL

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Defensively, the team has been pretty good, even when they were rolling out an AHL D unit.

When Bergeron returns, the team needs some help up front. Ideally, they get a capable 2nd line RW and a 3rd line C on a short term deal. I think they may be able to get by with one of the two if a guy like Heinen can find his scoring touch (on the 2nd line) or if a kid like Frederic can grab that 3C spot and run with it.

Right now they have too many Bottom 3 players playing in roles they are not talented enough to pull off.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
There... won't be blockbuster. Yes, they went after some big names in the summer, and deserve credit for doing so. But this management appears slow to react, and passive. A few bits here and there, like the waiver wire pick up today.

I don't blame the players, and I realize no one is perfect, but this is on #32 & #8.

I am not sure they are slow to react. I think they just had too much faith in the young guys this offseason all progressing and being ready for full time NHL.

Very few FO’s in this situation would have started doing anything overly meaningful this early. Look at the other moves being made around the league. There’s nothing groundbreaking going on and we are certainly not the only team struggling.

FO hasn’t been perfect, but I’d rather give DS another year or two before cutting him loose. L

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
15 goals in 9 games since Bergeron's injury (1.66 goals/game)

7/15 goals scored or assisted by Pasta
6/15 goals assisted by Krug
4/15 goals scored or assisted by Marchand
3/15 goals scored or assisted by Krejci
3/15 goals scored or assisted by Backes
3/15 goals scored for DeBrusk
2/15 goals scored or assisted by JFK
1/15 goals scoerd of assisted by Acciari
2/15 for Cave
1/15 for Moore
1/15 for Donato
1/15 for Kuraly
1/15 for Wagner

Heinens rocking an 11 game pointless streak, believe he's the only forward who hasn't contributed at all since the Bergeron injury.

In reality it's kind of only Pastrnak who's pulling his weight offensively, one guy is scoring at a decent rate, everyone else is cold as ice.

duffy

Feb 12, 2006
Here's all you need to know about the Bruins this year:

If you score 2 goals against them:

October: Bruins were 3 and 5 (If you score 2 against Boston you have a 62.5% chance of beating them.)
November: Bruins were 1 and 4 (If you score 2 against Boston you have an 80% chance of beating them.)
December: Bruins are 0 and 3 (If you score 2 against Boston you have a 100% chance of beating them.)

You can see it slowly getting worse as the season progresses.

Pretty sad when all you need to do is score 2 goals against Boston and you have a 75% chance of beating them currently but you can see this pattern getting much worse as the team continues to stagnate.
The saddest thing is the Bruins players seem to find a way to give every team no matter how low in the standings at least two goals before they wake up! This game was winnable and yet the B's found a way to give it away!

Reactions: Strafer

duffy

Feb 12, 2006
Can anyone explain to me why Krug is eating more minutes than any other dman? All of Moore, Carlo, and Grizz should get equal to or more time than Torey IMO
Because the coaching staff sees him as a offensive threat when in reality he is a defensive liability , even on the PP!

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
There... won't be blockbuster. Yes, they went after some big names in the summer, and deserve credit for doing so. But this management appears slow to react, and passive. A few bits here and there, like the waiver wire pick up today.

I don't blame the players, and I realize no one is perfect, but this is on #32 & #8.

They can get away with it in Boston because no one notices with how well the other franchises are doing.

Both of them are in over their heads. If none of these kids that are still down in Providence crack this pathetic forward group this season BOTH should be gone.

I give the coaching staff a ton of credit keeping two AHL franchises competitive

Reactions: lopey and Strafer

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
I think we argue on here a lot but at the end of the day we cant argue we dont have enough secondary scoring! We need help

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
There's only been 11 trade since the start of the season and the best player dealt is probably Pearson lol.
The elite teams came into the season with solid rosters in place and not needing to make a trade. The Bs did not enter the season an elite team. Even if a couple of the young guys didn't slump this season the Bs were still not going to contend for a Cup.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
I thought they competed well tonight. A few brain farts cost them a point.

Their offence though...I remember the 2009 team. At least there was hope they might score. This team just has no creativity or skill outside of a few forwards.

Brown. When I watch them I think of the colour brown. Just.....blah.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
When your first line scores well over half of your goals even though the first line centre has not played in two weeks.....ya, the problem is obvious.

For me the Backes experiment is done. Good player but there just seems a lack of scoring chemistry for this team.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
The saddest thing is the Bruins players seem to find a way to give every team no matter how low in the standings at least two goals before they wake up! This game was winnable and yet the B's found a way to give it away!

Are we talking anout the same game? The game I watched tonight had the B’s playing Tampa Bay, who is probably the best team in the NHL.

duffy

Feb 12, 2006
Defensively, the team has been pretty good, even when they were rolling out an AHL D unit.

When Bergeron returns, the team needs some help up front. Ideally, they get a capable 2nd line RW and a 3rd line C on a short term deal. I think they may be able to get by with one of the two if a guy like Heinen can find his scoring touch (on the 2nd line) or if a kid like Frederic can grab that 3C spot and run with it.

Right now they have too many Bottom 3 players playing in roles they are not talented enough to pull off.
The AHL defence that you mentioned is the reason we got points in any of our last 10 games and when Mc Avoy comes back after not playing for a month you put Kampfer back in the line up - are you kidding me!

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Pretty simple, he is the only dman that generates offence.

That’s just not true in my eyes.

He’s given loads of PP time which helps the stats. As far as outlet passes and creating rushes Grizz and Moore are around equal IMO. And better defensively.

If Krug was fined for all of his long passes through the neutral zone that didn’t connect, he would paying to be on this team.

I’m going overboard, and I’ve historically defended Krug to no end, but I don’t think he should have as much comfort in the D core as he does. Especially when you’re up against a team that will require a strong defensive effort in Tampa.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Right now the Bruins are next to dead-last for Goals scored in the East despite having one of only 5, 20 goal scorers in the league. On the bright-side they've given up the fewest.

Reactions: nORRis8

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
IF Sweeneely can't right the ship by the TD and end up out of the playoffs, I would be done with both of them if I'm Jacobs. But alas, until ticket sales drop off they are safe!

Reactions: TheReal13Linseman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad