pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
The battle for 7th in the Metro.

Won't understand if Rychel sits..

Can the Jackets make it 4 in a row?

I like Kirby quite a bit, too, but there are many reasons why he could be out of the lineup, tonight, other than the coach not agreeing with us. Might he be a bit banged up? Could TR want him to have another view of the ice from up top? Are there matchups vs. the Flyers that Richards fears? In fact, until they take the ice tonight, we can't even know if he's in or not, so getting all worked up about it seems like wasted energy, to me. Not that failing to understand it is being "all worked up," of course!

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I like Kirby quite a bit, too, but there are many reasons why he could be out of the lineup, tonight, other than the coach not agreeing with us. Might he be a bit banged up? Could TR want him to have another view of the ice from up top? Are there matchups vs. the Flyers that Richards fears? In fact, until they take the ice tonight, we can't even know if he's in or not, so getting all worked up about it seems like wasted energy, to me. Not that failing to understand it is being "all worked up," of course!

Probably Rychel having to defend Umbie. :laugh:

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

Your haiku syllable count is off a bit, here, EK. (Per "Understanding Poetry" by Dr. J. Evans Pritchard. I never ripped that introduction page out.) It reads nicely, though.

5thLiner

Didn't draft a Finn
Oct 14, 2014
Columbus, Ohio

Don't understand Rychel sitting either. Christmas came early with Dubi in the lineup. Lecavalier is an absolute albatross for Philly. :laugh: Go Jackets!!!

I agree with you guys. Start Rychel, sit Boll. In 24 games, Boll has recorded 0-1-1 with a -8. In 4 games, Rychel has recorded 0-3-3 with a +3. I just don't understand why we keep playing Boll when all he does is take dumb penalties. I know he was our big time fighter, but guys like Foligno, Prout, and Wiz (just to name a few) have stepped up as good fighters. He isn't needed anymore, he's just taking up roster space.

Last edited:

5thLiner

Didn't draft a Finn
Oct 14, 2014
Columbus, Ohio
These are the posted lines for tonight's game:

Hartnell-Foligno-Gibbons
Jenner-Johansen-Skille
Calvert-Dubinsky-Atkinson
Tropp-Chaput-Boll

Leopold-Prout
Johnson-Savard
Connauton-Wisniewski

Bobrovsky
McElhinney

Pretty much identical besides the defensive pairings.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
Pivotal game within the division. Dubinsky's back. Bob/team looking good but still searching for consistency. Mason/Umby return to NWA.

...and all some can worry about is whether a kid with 4 NHL games will play based lines from on an off-day practice.

I like him too. A lot, actually, but jeez... :)

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
You are missing a syllable or two.

One of us can't count or one of us don't know how many go into a haiku.:laugh:

And as a practical matter if I don't have the requisite number, I can't be missing either one or two it has to be one or the other. :laugh:

Jackets Fan

Mar 28, 2014
Central Ohio
About time Berube grows the balls to put Mason in at NWA.

So, how many goals do you guys think the Jackets get past Mason tonight? 5 sounds about right to me. 2 from Dubi.

Go Jackets! :yo:

cbjfaninmo

4 those about 2 rock
Mar 17, 2012
Lake of the Ozarks, MO
One of us can't count or one of us don't know how many go into a haiku.:laugh:

And as a practical matter if I don't have the requisite number, I can't be missing either one or two it has to be one or the other. :laugh:

:laugh:

Just remember there are three kinds of people in the world...those who can count and those who can't.....:D

ndd17

In Eaves we trust!
Jul 14, 2012
Russia
Jenner is a wing, Rychel scratch, Erixon scratch, Prout in. OMG...
Only I agree Matty-Dubi-Cam.
Good luck, we need it.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
So poetic posts now are expected
And poor poem techniques rejected?
If that's the only way
We can post today
Participation'll be badly affected.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Per Shawn Mitchell - Rychel scratches tonight.

TR after practice this morning stated Rachel is fine, he just wanted to stick with his 4th line from the TB game.

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Tonight is the night we begin the charge towards the post season. Just quickly peaking at the schedule (which I had been purposely avoiding) we are NOT out of it if we can string a few more wins together and then play steady consistent hockey.

Tonight would be a huge boost of confidence and get us 2 wins behind the 3rd place team. I think this team can make up 2 games over 56 games.

I also think that #17 is going to make a real case for a different letter on his jersey. I know porty makes it seem like its going to be Boone's at some point, but I'm really excited to see what kind of team we see with Dubi back out there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad