GDT: Game 25: Wild (11-7-4) @ Blackhawks (13-8-3) 12/1/15 (CSNC,NBCS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Yeah I saw that as well. I guess I can understand that he sees the talent but 5 just does not have the mental toughness to do it. He had some solid games here but he does not fit the NHL need.

agree 100%. the 1.05 million is actually kind of holding us back a little more than expected eh.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
agree 100%. the 1.05 million is actually kind of holding us back a little more than expected eh.

I am not sure if it is holding us back but we could use about all of the cap hit and send 5 down with Ma****ttter and bring up McN or Morin and the swedish pansy giant.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I am not sure if it is holding us back but we could use about all of the cap hit and send 5 down with Ma****ttter and bring up McN or Morin and the swedish pansy giant.

not like its making us way worse. but the flexibility to try other players and plug in and out of the lineup isn't there because of rundblad.

Esq

in terrorem
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2009
Village in the City
Mashinter is a terrible hockey player and does not do ANYTHING well. Atleast Tikhonov has created some chances and looked useful at times. Desi hasn't been good but is still better than Mashinter.

Bingo. I cannot believe Mashinter keeps getting the call.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
sometimes, I feel like this team just gets outworked by other teams.

That is most disappointing. I was looking for young guys to come in and work, work, work this season.

Instead we have Desi, Garbutt, Shaw and Daley while the youngsters TT and Dano seemingly don't have the fire, right now at least.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
It's still relatively early on in the season, and we are sitting in a good position.

I agree though, we've been outworked recently and are lucky to have finish the Circus Trip with as many points as we did.

I keep waiting for us to come out against a good opponent and just whip them from start to finish.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
That is most disappointing. I was looking for young guys to come in and work, work, work this season.

Instead we have Desi, Garbutt, Shaw and Daley while the youngsters TT and Dano seemingly don't have the fire, right now at least.

Hawks play along the boards is atrocious. Just when I think the team can't play any softer, they reach a new level of charmin. Long gone are the days when teams hated visiting Chicago. They can now come in and leave without a bruise on their body. Home ice meets literally nothing.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
mcniel is injured.....honestly Q needs to break up the P-Arty line IMO

Bickell-JT-Kane
Panarin-AA-TT
Dano-Kero-Hossa
shaw-kruger-garbutt

or

Bickell-JT-TT
P-Arty
Dano-Shaw-hossa
Kero-Kruger-garbutt

Has the 72-19-88 combo ever been tried by Q? I don't think so. That would load up the first line, with all the eggs in one basket - and who knows, 15 may find some chemistry with other players not named Kane or Panarin.

And yes, it's time for Bickell to get back up here. There are at least 4 players on the current roster that are playing worse than him prior to his demotion to RFD.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Has the 72-19-88 combo ever been tried by Q? I don't think so. That would load up the first line, with all the eggs in one basket - and who knows, 15 may find some chemistry with other players not named Kane or Panarin.

And yes, it's time for Bickell to get back up here. There are at least 4 players on the current roster that are playing worse than him prior to his demotion to RFD.

I'd prefer a trade rather than going over old ground but you're not far off.

SatchelRuaz

Nov 2, 2014
As I said before this game along with hisgirl. The first line is the problem. Toews is completely unproductive currently and it's not his fault. He has absolutely zero talent on his line.

I think there is a good chance you see the Kane line split if he gets to 22 games in the point streak. I honestly think Q might be leaving it alone due to the streak. You let him beat Hull's record and then you split that line up.

It's time. You can't win hockey games with one line producing offensively. The rest of this team is anemic on offense.

Bickell-Toews-Hossa
Tuevo-AA-Kane
Breadman-Kruger-Dano
Garbutt-Kero-Shaw

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
As I said before this game along with hisgirl. The first line is the problem. Toews is completely unproductive currently and it's not his fault. He has absolutely zero talent on his line.

I think there is a good chance you see the Kane line split if he gets to 22 games in the point streak. I honestly think Q might be leaving it alone due to the streak. You let him beat Hull's record and then you split that line up.

It's time. You can't win hockey games with one line producing offensively. The rest of this team is anemic on offense.

Bickell-Toews-Hossa
Tuevo-AA-Kane
Breadman-Kruger-Dano
Garbutt-Kero-Shaw

So you start off your post saying Toews has zero talent to work with and then you post a lineup containing the most worthless/lazy/heartless player under contract with organization and then put him alongside Toews?

All while breaking up our only offensive line and punishing Panarin

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Pretty funny that anyone would consider Bickell as part of the solution. If anything, Mashinter sucking gives Bickell more reason to rest on his lazy laurels. The sooner he's out of the organization and we can stop this nonsense, the better.

SatchelRuaz

Nov 2, 2014
So you start off your post saying Toews has zero talent to work with and then you post a lineup containing the most worthless/lazy/heartless player under contract with organization and then put him alongside Toews?

All while breaking up our only offensive line and punishing Panarin

Bickell needs to be part of the solution. I'm not saying it's for sure the answer, but I think you give him one last shot. Now is the time if you're going to do it.

And Panarin isn't being punished. You present it to him as he is being put there to get a rise out of others because he is.

And yes you break up the only offensive line because it's the only offensive line. You have to hope those guys can help spark others. Kane has been carrying others his whole career. He needs to do it again. You can't win with one line being an offensive threat and the others being invisible.

I love watching him score point after point, but I don't like it as much as winning and they aren't doing that.

Last edited:

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
Bickell needs to be part of the solution. I'm not saying it's for sure the answer, but I think you give him one last shot. Now is the time if you're going to do it.

And Panarin isn't being punished. You present it to him as he is being put there to get a rise out of others because he is.

And yes you break up the only offensive line because it's the only offensive line. You have to hope those guys can help spark others. Kane has been carrying others his whole career. He needs to do it again. You can't win with one line being an offensive threat and the others being invisible.
The way the cap stands now it's going to take Dano, Runblad, or 2 of Panarin, T², Garbutt, Kero, Dejardins, Mashinter, or TVR sent down to make Bickell an option.

The smart move would be for Stan to swallow his pride and waive Runblad since his net on-ice contribution is zero, but I doubt that would happen.

As for splitting up the Breadmaster/Buttery pat line....not yet. Maybe cycle in Toews for Center for an odd shift or two but if there' the only line contributing any O the downside is that they don't spark anyone and we're rolling 4 milquetoast lines.

SatchelRuaz

Nov 2, 2014
Pretty funny that anyone would consider Bickell as part of the solution. If anything, Mashinter sucking gives Bickell more reason to rest on his lazy laurels. The sooner he's out of the organization and we can stop this nonsense, the better.

Sure, the sooner the better, but it's not happening this year. I guess it's super easy for everyone else to swallow that $4 mil hit as we lose games. It's not easy for me. I think you have to at least give him one more shot to work.

Last edited:

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Mashinter has never looked worse than he did last night... always behind the play so can't even get a decent hit in, and does nothing else well. He won't play again for Hawks. Mark my words.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL

I've seen 19 with 72 and 88 a few shifts here and there, but what is the point? The Hawks have one line that's great. Why weaken your other lines by putting 19 there. The Hawks, when they are at their best, have had 3 lines that can score. Right now they only have the Kane line consistently producing. Q needs to give 19 more talented wingers. I want to see any combination of 19 with 56-86-81. I know none of those 3 guys have been lighting it up, but they at least have the talent to play with 19.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I've seen 19 with 72 and 88 a few shifts here and there, but what is the point? The Hawks have one line that's great. Why weaken your other lines by putting 19 there. The Hawks, when they are at their best, have had 3 lines that can score. Right now they only have the Kane line consistently producing. Q needs to give 19 more talented wingers. I want to see any combination of 19 with 56-86-81. I know none of those 3 guys have been lighting it up, but they at least have the talent to play with 19.

It would by no means be permanent but Jonny needs a shot of confidence. Right now he must manufacture his own chances, which he did last night, but those chances are too few and too far between. Plus 15 has not played with other wingers at all for Blackhawks. It may do him some good as well, not to mention the wingers he ends up with may get a boost. It is also is consistent with Q's philosophy of mixing his line combos for the sake of eventual team chemistry come crunch time. A shake-up is badly needed. Let's do it now!

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Mashinter cannot skate at tge NHL level and has zero offense...Bickell was not playing well and not upto pay level..but so too is Toews nowhere near pay level and Hossa is off the cliff ...So you cannot say only Bickell not to pay level..but we have seen that when healthy and when motivated Bickell can be an effective NHL player even if overpaid. ..The problem is that Mashinter Dano and TT at their low pay levels are not showing they are worth even that with their non-controbutions...I agree Bickell is not a #1 line solution...but Bickell and Shaw as 3rd liner roles have proven effective in the past as wingers in those roles..We need a 3C who can work with them and produce at least enough offense to help us...The top line with Toews 8s missing a LW who can snipe and missing Hossa producing even 3/4 of his past glories..And Toews has to elevate and produce too.He has to finish off those 2 glorious grade A chances he had last night...for $10.5 million Failing to score on such opportunities is not acceptable...If he cannot get 2 on those kinds of chances he needs to generate 4 more such chances in a game just to collect the 2 goals which for $10.5 million you gotta have from him to a greater frequency...otherwise you conclude he is way overpaid. There will be Hames he gets no grade A chances...but in those games he gets these he just has to score...it is desperately needed from a "star" and you cannot blame his wi gs for such clear Fails by him on free chances like these...it 8s on him to star on those type of clear shot chances ...Also as leader he must inspire and Fails like these do not inspire they promote an attitude of if the $10.5 million big star blows chances like that then gets a pass for his "effort" well you gotta do the same for Dano blowing his 2 grade A chances ..Trouble is you cannot keep giving passes for good try...You cannot reward failure..There must be criticism especially if the money paid for a "star" is not producing results.. As to Hossa ....we see the work he puts in but we also see the decline in ability to finish and to get prime chances as frequently as in his past ..There is an undeniable falk off the cliff with his aging ...It is hard to fault a player for aging ...So unfortunately tge albatross of his contract has come to roost already..So we have a $5 million guy producing like some $1-2 million level.only...we have our $10.5 million captain producing like a $3-4 million guy only ..snd we have 2 cheap kis potential "stars" floundering like they are not NHL ready ..It is a sad mess with all these issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad