GDT: Game 25 - 12/2/2022 - New York Rangers vs Ottawa Senators - 7pm EST, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlaBlueShirt

Mar 14, 2018
He is, but you don't demote Vesey and break up that line after the last game. But as soon as it stagnates, Kakko should move up immediately.
Yeah I agree with that. Still feel bad for the kid, he started the season so strong.

tomobson

Sep 16, 2008
I don't know about sliding up VK74 to the second line so quickly. I would let him marinate on the third for some more games and see how he handles those minutes first. I'm starting to think GG really hates the kid and is trying to get him injured again.

Daves a mess

Jan 8, 2014
Hope he grabs the spot and holds on to it this time.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221202_120143.jpg
    Screenshot_20221202_120143.jpg
    263.5 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: Clark Kellogg

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here

The good:
- Panarin and Kravtsov are together
- Kakko and Panarin are no longer together
The bad:
- Kakko and Chytil are not together

Ok so we finally win a game and he wants to continue tinkering with the lines?

News flash - Kravstov isnt going to save that lines (mainly Panarins) ass defensively like Kakko did the other night

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
So I guess we'll see:

Kreider-Zibanejad-Vesey
Panarin-Chytil-Krav
Lafreniere-Trocheck-Kakko
Blais-Goodrow-Gauthier
I hate these lines. Kakko should either play with Chytil or Zib. Not Trocheck. They just don’t fit together. If I were rangers czar for a day:

Panarin-Zib-Gauthier
Laf-Chytil-kakko
Kreider-Trocheck-Krav
Blais-Goodrow-Vesey

I think this would be more balanced. You’d have 3 top lines and a hard working 4th line.

I really think Gauthier could add a jolt to that top line and push opposing defenders deep on rushes and create some open ice for Zib and Panarin to do some magical things together. Vesey is okay but not a top line dude. Yes I really want to see what gauthier can do with talented line mates. He can be a weapon and a nightmare for defenders when paired with two of the league’s best.

The kid line would also be great together again. Chytil makes those other two buzz.

But alas, I’m not the rangers czar.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Ok so we finally win a game and he wants to continue tinkering with the lines?

News flash - Kravstov isnt going to save that lines (mainly Panarins) ass defensively like Kakko did the other night
True, but I think it has been established that Panarin and Kakko just don't mesh. They play a completely different type of game, and Kakko always just looks for Panarin (as does anyone else TBH) when on his line instead of trying himself.

Tro and Kakko could be interesting.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
I hate these lines. Kakko should either play with Chytil or Zib. Not Trocheck. They just don’t fit together. If I were rangers czar for a day:

Panarin-Zib-Gauthier
Laf-Chytil-kakko
Kreider-Trocheck-Krav
Blais-Goodrow-Vesey

I think this would be more balanced. You’d have 3 top lines and a hard working 4th line.

I really think Gauthier could add a jolt to that top line and push opposing defenders deep on rushes and create some open ice for Zib and Panarin to do some magical things together. Vesey is okay but not a top line dude. Yes I really want to see what gauthier can do with talented line mates. He can be a weapon and a nightmare for defenders when paired with two of the league’s best.

The kid line would also be great together again. Chytil makes those other two buzz.

Might be worth a shot while hes trying everything else under the sun anyway - but Gauthier vs. Vesey defensively and general on-ice awareness is a big drop off here. I'd rather have Kakko on the top with Mika again.

Besides - Gauthier is finding a groove on the 4th and lets face it, hes not going to suddenly find a Roberston scoring touch all of sudden. Let him carve out a space for himself on the 4th if he can consistently provide that same type of game night in and night out. That will be valuable IF the Rangers find a way to make it back to the playoffs.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
True, but I think it has been established that Panarin and Kakko just don't mesh. They play a completely different type of game, and Kakko always just looks for Panarin (as does anyone else TBH) when on his line instead of trying himself.

Tro and Kakko could be interesting.
Lets see it. Im just tired of it always being Kakko or Laf that is getting bumped around, if and when they are playing well.

It was Kakko that was kicked off Mikas line when they were burning but not scoring, it was Kakko scratched from a playoff game, it was Kakko moved from Panarins line when Bread is probably having his worst stretch of games as a Ranger. It was Kakko demoted to the 4th line for a stretch last year. It was Laf moved from one wing to the other and then back again 3 times. Rinse and repeat.

Send Kreider or Panarin to a 3rd line instead for a change to send a message. Especially before the last status quo win in Ottawa.

Kakko has actually been given a ton of 5 on 5 ice time (and a little PK) lately and its increased consistently so that is a great sign of trust, but goddamn it can we stop bouncing the kid around and let him settle in on a line for christssakes?

Let's hope for everyones sake that the Trocheck Kakko marriage is something that sticks. Hasnt been tried yet

Last edited:

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
I don't know about sliding up VK74 to the second line so quickly. I would let him marinate on the third for some more games and see how he handles those minutes first. I'm starting to think GG really hates the kid and is trying to get him injured again.
I dunno. If there is a good reason to think he'll do well on that line (or they just want to see how it works), why not put him there now? He's 22.

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC

Panarin-Zib-Gauthier
Laf-Chytil-kakko
Kreider-Trocheck-Krav
Blais-Goodrow-Vesey

I think they should leave Gauthier on the 4th line where he looks good. As soon as he’s moved up he’ll remind us why he didn’t make the opening lineup. He’s good on 4th line where less is expected. Be happy with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad