Post-Game Talk: GAME 24 - RAT TRICK!!!!! - MARCHAND 3 Columbus 1 F

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
His wife grew up in the next town over from me about 7 mins away. He’s often here in the offseason great down to earth guy. The bond he had with Bergeron was fun to watch. It’s great to see how much he’s matured and how great he is now leading this team and this next generation. 63 will one day be in the rafters.
He's a self made superstar. If he were in LA or NY or God Forbid Toronto they'd declare a holiday for him (okay a bit over the top) but they would celebrate him.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Well they were down one when I left to play hockey, so I guess I was holding them back...

Nice to see them bounce back from that mini slump

Reactions: hrdpuk and Alicat

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
His wife grew up in the next town over from me about 7 mins away. He’s often here in the offseason great down to earth guy. The bond he had with Bergeron was fun to watch. It’s great to see how much he’s matured and how great he is now leading this team and this next generation. 63 will one day be in the rafters.
..only Marchand's number will be hung in a new section called the Ratfers :sarcasm:

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
There's been quite a few mean hockey players over the years, but the meanest I'd ever seen was Stan Jonathan. He was a nasty SOB, but as a BRUINS fan, one couldn't help but love him.
I remember a game against the Islanders where before the opening puck drop, Stan skated over to Isles' goalie Billie Smith and flattened him with an uppercut to his jaw.
Don Cherry referred to Jonathan as his personal pitbull.
Read up on Wayne Cashman, he didn't fight a lot but Cashman is one of the purely meanest Bruins ever with guys like Eddie Shore

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
There's been quite a few mean hockey players over the years, but the meanest I'd ever seen was Stan Jonathan. He was a nasty SOB, but as a BRUINS fan, one couldn't help but love him.
I remember a game against the Islanders where before the opening puck drop, Stan skated over to Isles' goalie Billie Smith and flattened him with an uppercut to his jaw.
Read up on Wayne Cashman, he didn't fight a lot but Cashman is one of the purely meanest Bruins ever with guys like Eddie Shore

Jonathan was just super tough and a great fighter.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
IMO Stan Jonathan was pound for pound the toughest Bruin in Boston Bruins history

After he annihilated "Big Bouchard" it only confirmed my statement

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Monday, December 4 (Boston, MA)
- No scheduled practice or media availability

Tuesday, December 5 (Warrior Ice Arena, Brighton, MA)
- Practice, 11 a.m.
- Head Coach Jim Montgomery and select players available to media following practice

Wednesday, December 6 (Warrior Ice Arena, Brighton, MA)
- Practice, 11 a.m.
- Head Coach Jim Montgomery and select players available to media following practice

Reactions: hrdpuk

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022

Jonathan was just super tough and a great fighter.
Cashman didn't fight a lot? It was a long time ago but not how I remember it. Remember this:

Reactions: aguineapig72

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
I'm assuming 33 37 63 will all be. 46 as well.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

hrdpuk

Fossa
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
Kentucky
Heinen keeps impressing . Pasta and Brad keep getting better . And have to mention Poitras he is an amazingly gifted young man ,no telling what his ceiling might be . All the lines are starting to gel. Goalies and D doing their thing as usual. The future looks bright I gotta wear shades.

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Sometimes a little puck luck is all you need to get going. Marchand's first goal skewed off the edge of his stick and didn't quite go where he intended, but it actually wound up fooling Martin as a result and in it went. After that Brad was up and about and shooting rockets and his hat-trick was well deserved. Bit of the old fire came back, hopefully we see more of it.

Heinen looks for all the world like a guy who has realized that he nearly found his career on very rocky ground, and is now more committed than ever to making himself a quality, consistent, go-to player in this league. Whenever I saw him play for the Penguins I never thought he looked like he was coasting, but true-enough to the common perception of him, he didn't particularly stand out either. Don't know if he got complacent or was simply unlucky to fall by the wayside with Pittsburgh and any other suitors, but he's been mostly excellent for the Bs. The talent's always been there - his hot start as a rookie in Boston where he got 1st line time shouldn't be forgotten - but that bit of extra grit, intent and composure is very evident now and makes him a more impactful player over and above just a responsible one. Good on him. Fingers crossing he can keep it up.

It took another 2 periods, but finally the Bruins worked out that Columbus really aren't that good and put them to the sword in the 3rd. Was as impressive as good chunks of what went before was lackadaisical. Better late than never. Still need to work on starting on time though, and plenty else besides. They should be able to get some good practice in before the next game on Thursday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad