GDT: Game 22: Sharks @ Kraken 7:00pm NBCSCA

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
This. Only the sharks could have seen value in his performances last season to justify his 4 x $3.25M contract.

I don’t know many teams that would willingly want to add Ferraro at that contract. Honestly, his contract is looking worse than Simek’s.
Perhaps.

The stagnation has been disappointing. However, he's still quite young so I'm sure some teams would be willing to bite. In some ways he reminds me of Brendan Dillon or Jason Demers in their early years.

Reactions: DG93 and Sandisfan

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
This. Only the sharks could have seen value in his performances last season to justify his 4 x $3.25M contract.

I don’t know many teams that would willingly want to add Ferraro at that contract. Honestly, his contract is looking worse than Simek’s.
Colorado in 2024 when Toews is up. Reunite Ferraro-Makar

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I thought Kahkonen was very solid here last year in his brief time late in the year, but this wasn't too hard to see coming. He went from a team in Minnesota that is well-documented as being way-overly goalie friendly. Almost all of their goalies over the last close to decade have a better than league average save percentage, yet almost all of them have a negative in GSAx.

Dubnyk was a negative in GSAx every year there, but his first year there where he had that crazy run. Yet he had a better than league average save percentage and sometimes WAAYYYYYY better than league average save percentage there every year but his last year there, where he completely tanked them and Boudreau got fired.

Remember, this is the team where even Alex Stalock at 30-something years old seemed to have a few decent years after washing out of the league several years earlier.

The only time Kahkonen had a positive GSAx in his NHL career was his brief stretch of games here last season. I'm no Adin Hill fan, but I'm pretty sure he's better than Kahkonen.

Reimer has really exceeded expectations this year. Even if he gets blown out one game, he comes back and has a monster game after that.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
Am I the only one who has been repeatedly shocked to remember that Lindblom plays for the Sharks? I am not sure I have seen a more nothing player in all my years of watching the team. Doesn't do good, doesn't do bad, just...doesn't do anything noticable.

Reactions: Sandisfan and Cas

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
It's too bad too. Bonino was actually a great 3c before signing here....but abruptly fell off a cliff
I mean, before he signed Minnesota and Nashville both knew he was no longer a “great 3C”. In fact, both had been playing him on the wing on the 3rd/4th lines.

He WAS the best 3C option for the Sharks when he signed. That quickly disappeared as his game further regressed. Sharks rewarded him with an ‘A’.

Reactions: CupfortheSharks

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
They need to trade Reimer and use Kahkonen-Dell the rest of the season. This is the way.
Reimer to the Devils for Blackwood and a pick.

Blackwood is amazing for the tank.

Actually, on second thought, I don’t wanna watch this player on my second favorite team either.

Reactions: DG93

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
Am I the only one who has been repeatedly shocked to remember that Lindblom plays for the Sharks? I am not sure I have seen a more nothing player in all my years of watching the team. Doesn't do good, doesn't do bad, just...doesn't do anything noticable.
What I keep noticing when he plays is that he seems physically weak. Weak shot, pushed around on loose pucks, etc. But, he plays so few noticeable mins it's hard to really evaluate anything haha

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Reimer to the Devils for Blackwood and a pick.

Blackwood is amazing for the tank.

Actually, on second thought, I don’t wanna watch this player on my second favorite team either.

But you want your second favorite team to get the pick. I knew you still cared about us.. . Love you Bleedred.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
But you want your second favorite team to get the pick. I knew you still cared about us.. . Love you Bleedred.
I cannot stand this player.

If you thought I couldn't stand Martin Jones his last few years here?

And the Devils organization doesn't seem to wanna give up on him either. He got the opening night start after being outplayed by Vanecek in the preseason. Vanecek had a hot 3 games halted to start Blackwood against Vancouver. Then they played him again the next game, where he got injured. I bet he would have started 5-6 games in the stretch since he's been injured. There would have been more losses than wins in those 5-6 games.

With my luck Grier will give him his qualifying offer this offseason, which some people have said is $3 million and others I've seen say it's $4.125 million.

I could totally see Grier and Sharks management being like ''Yeah, Reimer is old, he's out. Blackwood will take over that salary for next year and we'll roll with Kahkonen/Blackwood''.

• Haha
Reactions: hotcabbagesoup

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
What I keep noticing when he plays is that he seems physically weak. Weak shot, pushed around on loose pucks, etc. But, he plays so few noticeable mins it's hard to really evaluate anything haha
They don’t need him moving forward the way he plays but I can’t see anyone else looking to pick him up.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
New Jersey's actually good now, they don't need it
I just hope we can bank enough points to stay up ahead in the division until he gets healthy again.

Because when he gets back he's gonna get pity starts and it will tank us some points. We have a really good margin for error right now. Hopefully we don't use it up even before he gets healthy again, because we're gonna need that margin for error when Blackwood is healthy again.

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
I could totally see Grier and Sharks management being like ''Yeah, Reimer is old, he's out. Blackwood will take over that salary for next year and we'll roll with Kahkonen/Blackwood''.
So a top-3 pick this year followed by a top-3 pick next year? Works for me :naughty:

• Haha
Reactions: Bleedred

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad