GDT: Game 21 - Ducks @ Avalanche - March Madness Homestand - 7PM

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Could’ve at least let us enjoy the win and given us the MacKinnon news tomorrow. For once they’re somewhat forthcoming with injury news and I don’t want it.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo

giphy-downsized-large.gif

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I like that though...he's not being satisfied just because he won with so many pieces missing.

Can't say I agree with him here. Avs were the much better team in the 1st but had that one real bad shift at the end. First half of the 2nd was a dud but after that they were the better team the rest of the game without 5 of their 18 regular roster players.

Sure Anaheim sucks but what more can you ask for here?

Reactions: Avs_19

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Can't say I agree with him here. Avs were the much better team in the 1st but had that one real bad shift at the end. First half of the 2nd was a dud but after that they were the better team the rest of the game without 5 of their 18 regular roster players.

When hes saying sloppy he really means Burakovsky who was a lazy, fumbling, bumblin idiot today

Reactions: Hornstar

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I like that though...he's not being satisfied just because he won with so many pieces missing.

I don’t think he’d be so annoyed if the opponent wasn’t the Ducks.

A two-goal comeback with 5 guys out of lineup would normally be cause for celebration, but the standards are higher against bottom feeder teams.

If that win was against a top-half of the division team he would have a much different tone imo.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Nuke, Rants, G, Saad, LOC, Toews, MacDonald and Renouf were good tonight I thought.

Lando, Kadri, Bura, Donskoi were really really bad. Grubauer didn’t look great either but he gets a pass because of how much he’s having to play (we need a goalie badly).

Graves gets his own category of terrible, he was fine for the 3 games he simplified his game then went right back to thinking he’s Bobby f***ing Orr. I’m so tired of seeing him try to force shots that miss 9 times out of 10. When Makar and Byram come back I’d really consider sitting him in favor of MacD and Renouf.

Even though we were playing a slumping Anaheim team it was still great to finally see a rare comeback from this team. The players mentioned in the good category really turned it on and got us the win. Would really like to see more from Lando, Kadri and Bura, especially since we’re missing Mack right now.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
You know, we say that but I'm not all that confident against the Cali teams.
Yep. The Kings and Ducks in particular always give us a bitch of a time. The only one of the three that doesn't scare me too much right now is the Sharks, they're just a bad team and the only way we lose to them is if we do it to ourselves. But the Kings and Ducks play that heavy, defensive type of game that is our kryptonite, nothing about playing those two teams gives me any sort of confidence even with a fully healthy roster.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

He clearly didn’t like the effort level of some guys. The Altitude postgame singled out Rants as “invisible” and I can’t say I blame them. He was horrible tonight and just refused to skate at times. I don’t think Landeskog and Kadri also struggled badly.

Belgican

Mar 8, 2002
Visit site
Peter Stastny goal in 7th game in overtime against Montréal. It's my 1st good memory of Nordique and hockey. Win against Montreal was priceless.

My first Nordiques one was my first hockey game ever, it was in 1986 at Le Colisée, a victory against the Leafs. I didn’t know the sport but that was an instant revelation for me !

Reactions: Brett44

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
I dont think he's feeling the heat at all.

But the team has serious expectations this year and so far they haven't met them, so what's the point in sugar coating it.
It’s just a guts feeling on my part. Some of his answers are different than in past years. I think he feels the weight of these expectations.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
It’s just a guts feeling on my part. Some of his answers are different than in past years. I think he feels the weight of these expectations.

He's not getting fired though. Not with a schedule as condensed as we have with literally a game every other night for the rest of the season.

His job is safe for this year at minimum.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Bednar feeling the heat and he’s less laid back in his pressers. More negativity showing through.
He should this team plays like crap at least 1-2 times a week.

I used to say stuff like a win is a win, but at this point in time playing like they did most of last night is pathetic. The only reason we won was because it was Anaheim any higher end team and we lose pretty badly.

I get injuries are a thing and Bednar is missing 2 of the top 10 players in the world right now. And a few other regulars.

But you'd think that they'd know by now the only way you win is by working hard. Which we still fail to do fairly consistently.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
This team’s forwards continue to let down the defense and goalie. We’re missing 3 of the top 5 D and our garbage forwards can’t be bothered to score more than a goal or two with countless high danger chances. They squander so many goals other teams easily pot.

Bednar finally realizing he needs to whine less at his over worked D and more and his underperforming forwards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad