GDT: Game 21: Columbus vs. Nashville | 11/20 7PM EST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Awesome game to be at.. glad to see Bob get the shutout. The defensive injuries have me worried but, they will just have to overcome and make the best of it.

Hopefully Sunday we can match that same fast start.

Last edited:

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
NJ also has 2 games in hand. I wonder how long Tampa is going to sit around and 82 point pace.

Good points. The Jackets still have a long way to go. I was playing around with the numbers earlier and they have to play a bit better than they have since Torts took over. Play at an 8-5 pace and they wind up at 92 not counting a few loser points along the way. Then it comes down to a few more wins and teams like TB continuing to struggle while the NJ's and Detroits of the world fade a bit. Doable? Yes but it is going to be tough.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
New Jersey is definitely going to fade. It's only a matter of time. Tampa will improve but Ottawa will fall out of a playoff spot. The Atlantic is only getting 3 teams in, it's obvious. We just need to be better than NJ, PHI, and CAR, and we are in.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
New Jersey is definitely going to fade. It's only a matter of time. Tampa will improve but Ottawa will fall out of a playoff spot. The Atlantic is only getting 3 teams in, it's obvious. We just need to be better than NJ, PHI, and CAR, and we are in.

That easy eh? :D

Hope so!

KlichkoBro*

New Jersey just lost 2 in a row in Alberta. They've got no offense (collected all around the league outcasts on the wings) and young (inconsistent) defense, you can't take them seriously.

Jovavic

Concept of a Plan
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
New Jersey just lost 2 in a row in Alberta. They've got no offense (collected all around the league outcasts on the wings) and young (inconsistent) defense, you can't take them seriously.

Yep, having a world class goaltender like Schneider is only good if you can score a few a game, since Kovalchuk left the Devils haven't been too scary on offense

major major

Feb 18, 2013

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
I didn't see the game, and after seeing the stat line I was expecting it to be a shooting gallery on Bob. But the highlight package doesn't show very many chances against Bob. Really there was that one great save on Neal, and then a bunch of low-percentage shots. Were there more chances they just didn't show?

Not too many. Either the majority of the shots weren't good or Bob just made it look really simple tonight

niflheim

Hockey is cheating
Nov 22, 2014
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Murray, Murray, again Murray, everywhere Murray ;)

and matryoshkas :laugh:

image.jpg

and very hot Hug:)

image.jpg

Salute for Torts.
gif58.gif

He overplayed Lavi perfectly. It was beatiful tactic game. I wonder that our team is able to play so highest level hockey! Today I am proud for our guys!

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Murray, Murray, again Murray, everywhere Murray ;)

and matryoshkas :laugh:

image.jpg

and very hot Hug:)

image.jpg

Salute for Torts.
gif58.gif

He overplayed Lavi perfectly. It was beatiful tactic game. I wonder that our team is able to play so highest level hockey! Today I am proud for our guys!

This is the year of Murray. Next year is the year of Werenski :laugh:

The Wheelchair

Jun 13, 2015
Ottawa
I didn't see the game, and after seeing the stat line I was expecting it to be a shooting gallery on Bob. But the highlight package doesn't show very many chances against Bob. Really there was that one great save on Neal, and then a bunch of low-percentage shots. Were there more chances they just didn't show?

Bob made a handful of nice saves, but the main thing was that after getting the two quick goals and then losing two defensemen, they played a very defensive game and basically didn't allow Nashville any space to work. It wasn't very Corsi-friendly, but it worked.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio

I dunno about that. Ottawa is legit.

cbj21

Oct 2, 2005
Shampoo land
good effort and great outcome. Too bad about Cody and Tyutin. Get well soon!!

Just have to say that I never seen Jack Johnson play better than he has under Torts.

CBJSlash

Aug 13, 2003
The Bus
Visit site
NJ also has 2 games in hand. I wonder how long Tampa is going to sit around and 82 point pace.

LOL. It's November and "games in hand" has been typed.

The point is for any people mid-air during their cliffjump left way too early. A lot of hockey to play. A couple big winning streaks and we are right where we expected to be.

We Want Ten

Johnny Gaudreau
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
For the record, any story that involves Herbie leaving town that doesn't mention Jim Tressel, isn't part of the real story.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad