Post-Game Talk: Game 2: USA Caps vs. Canada Syrup Foliage

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
man, went to overtime on home ice. scary what will happened when we are away lol

the main thing there is no goaly screen, anderson was leaving juicy rebounds, not shooting. leafs had easy time on in front of hotlby. holtby, man, will end up having good stats, but never stealing a game. always outplayed by opposition.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Caps lost wayyyyyy too many faceoffs. It's what did them in the end too. Lost the faceoffs AGAIN in their own zone and it resulted in a goal.

maybam

Mar 30, 2010
Told you guys. I get crapped on for saying they're flat out outplaying us. But thats exactly whats happening. This has nothing to do with us unable to play "our game", but the fact that they're better coached, and better prepared. They came with a strategy and its working, and we have nothing to counter that.

My gut feeling is they're gonna take this in 6.

We're downright awful in the playoffs.

It's true, there really isn't any defending it at this point.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
It's all good. Sooo many chances but we can easily tip our caps to Toronto for a gutsy effort. The Caps still control their own fate. They need some finish to their game that's for sure. Maybe they find it soon...

Nice

Jan 26, 2016
They really need to start making it a little easier for themselves. Too much talent on this team

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
The faceoffs and **** poor zone exit strategies. Can't blame it all on coaching, but it's clear as day Barry Trotz is not built for playoff hockey. New players, more depth, a top flight defenseman added to the mix...doesn't matter. Slow passing, slow decision making, and a generally unprepared team. Those who predicted a sweep underestimated the Babcock factor.

peterthegreat12

Hopeless Caps fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2011
Washington DC
They didn't deserve to win.

If they don't change direction pretty quickly they are going to lose this series.

In some respects maybe that is best. This core isn't going to win it. It's clear there is a serious leadership issue with this team. I'm not pointing fingers but there is something seriously wrong with this core.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I know you're a NFL guy WH, and Trotz is the Marty of NHL. Seriously. Can beat any team in the regular season, but has no idea what it takes to win in the playoffs.

That very well may be the case, but fire him during the playoffs? Really? Its absurd to suggest such a thing regardless of the sport.

bags92

Jan 2, 2010
Rochester, New York
Obviously we didn't play great but the Leafs had a ton of puck luck tonight. I can't see them getting that many breaks for the rest of the series. Get em back Monday in Toronto.

BackToTheBasics

Dec 26, 2013
Leafs shorthanded on the defensive end beat this Caps team in double OT. A defensive core of Hunwick, Carick, Reilly, Gardiner, and Marcinin. How do they not score against that D in over 2 periods of play. This team is utterly pathetic.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
That very well may be the case, but fire him during the playoffs? Really? Its absurd to suggest such a thing regardless of the sport.

Naw, BMac has said he he's tied to Trotz. Trotz is gonna be around for a while. Unfortunately. lol.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
I'm sorry, this team isn't beating Pittsburgh.

The Penguins are going to repeat.

Blow it up in the off-season.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Kuzy and the second line combined for like 20 more ES minutes than the top line.

Ovi had as many minutes (maybe one more) ES TOI as Winnik, Beagle, etc. Can someone ****ing explain this to me???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad