GDT: Game #2: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Detroit Red Wings | Babcock's Return

Status
Not open for further replies.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
Same goaltending the Leafs got last year. 2 guys capable of making ten bell saves but neither one is consistent enough. You can't 100% blame Reimer on his goal since he came in cold but the Leafs won't be able to win this year without steady goaltending.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Joffrey Lupul has the same look Josh Hamilton has: "I don't give a ****, I just want $$$"

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I just realized...what if nobody wants our rentals at the deadline.

It's possible some are undesirable - We couldn't move Booth last year.

At the very least, we put some meat shields on the team to take some beatings while we got our young guns some time in the AHL to get ready.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I thought we actually started the game pretty well, but lousy goaltending will always take the wind out of a team's sails.

Bernier was brutal tonight.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011

At the very least, we put some meat shields on the team to take some beatings while we got our young guns some time in the AHL to get ready.

Meat shields?? Bwahahah....i like that one....

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Seriously though.

We all knew this was going to be a hard season, we all knew there would be games like this, there will also be games where we look great and everyone will flip.

Exactly. We've had our fair share of offensive opportunities, but defensively we have been lacking severely. In fact, that's probably stalling the offense.

Though despite harsh criticism, none of this was on Bernier or Reimer. Like if you watch the intermission, you see how many odd man rushes they've had because of bone-headed moves from Harrington and Marincin. Marincin was at least able to correct his mistakes, but Harrington's have led to two goals now.

Babcock is going to eat into this group after this game. The good news is that it should spark him to switch up this lineup and hopefully he gets it right this time.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
JvR, is this the kind of player you want to pay 5-6 mil to? Seriously? He should be shopped too. There is no way he will be worth the kinda dough that he will command when he become a UFA, whenever that is.

Jacquestrapless

Jun 5, 2011
Mississauga

Are they utilizing babcock's system down there? or will we have to go through this learning curve **** again

KGL

Auston 3:16
Sep 5, 2014
I just realized...what if nobody wants our rentals at the deadline.

Won't happen. Someone will want some of our rentals. We won't be able to move everyone but I guarantee they'll be able to move a few guys. Brad Boyes at 700k is great value, for example, someone will take him for depth scoring.

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
Remember people talking about playoffs, seems like only last week.

MapleLeaf

Sep 29, 2015
My guess is that the Leafs will call up the entire Nylander line from the Marlies when the time is right. Nylander was the only player that showed glimpses of offensive talent in the preseason.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Won't happen. Someone will want some of our rentals. We won't be able to move everyone but I guarantee they'll be able to move a few guys. Brad Boyes at 700k is great value, for example, someone will take him for depth scoring.

How's that depth scoring working for us right now? :dunno:

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
why would lupul think to shoot a wrister from the blue line with multiple red sweaters in front of him? What is going on in his mind when he does that?
more often than not it's going to deflect off the defender and go the other way which it did

cf +1 :sarcasm:

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Please do NOT post the tweet from the former Detroit player. There is language that is censored on our forums. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad