Game 2 - The Comeback Story - Leafs vs Lightning 7pm EST - SN, ESPN, CBC, TVAS, BSUN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
I suppose we'll agree to disagree. Tampa favourites in my opinion. Leafs are also called out for their lousy goaltending, defense and lack of depth. I suppose that factors into my decision. Along with who in the f*** would actually think the Leafs will win a round?
All the betting odds have the Leafs as the favorites, even Cooper said TB were the underdogs and that the Leafs were the favorites in this series. TOR gave them a freebie in the first game, otherwise TB looks cooked since Jan.

• Haha
Reactions: TheFurryPickle

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
I don't think the AKA follows, it's a non sequitur. More calls should be made, based on the rulebook, almost every game. Slashing the hands or even touching them with the stick is called often, just not consistently. As a Panthers fan, for example, I've seen Swaggy get called for that same play at least 5 times this year. Is it a penalty, yes. Do the refs call it 50 percent of the time, no.

Well yeah that's my point, if you're not calling it for one team don't call it for the other. I don't want to see NHL games filled with powerplays, the way Tampa plays they should be shorthanded constantly, but that wouldn't make for a very interesting hockey game. Instead it's Toronto who is often shorthanded all game for literally nothing plays. The stick out of the hand is an automatic penalty, the stick by the side of the body was whacky just like Kampf and Schenn's penalties last game, because if you're calling those then you're just picking and choosing the 1 or 2 out of every 30 times a game that stuff happens.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Brodie
Giordano
Schenn
Holl
Rielly
McCabe
Okay?

My point is that isn't the D corps that won them those cups and made the finals.

My point is the Leafs are the better team right now and are not the underdogs.
Hey

Maybe Tampa should have shored up their blue line at the trade deadline.

I mean, they blew their load on a guy who may or may not have played tonight.
Yea, maybe if they did they wouldn't be the underdog in this series. I agree.

Pablo El Perro

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
Well yeah that's my point, if you're not calling it for one team don't call it for the other. I don't want to see NHL games filled with powerplays, the way Tampa plays they should be shorthanded constantly, but that wouldn't make for a very interesting hockey game. Instead it's Toronto who is often shorthanded all game for literally nothing plays. The stick out of the hand is an automatic penalty, the stick by the side of the body was whacky just like Kampf and Schenn's penalties last game.
I wasn't disagreeing with you, which made your response odd. And I agree with this as well.

My point is that we know the refs are terrible and inconsistent, but good teams play through it, much like the Leafs did tonight.

Regarding too many powerplays, if the refs called by the book, either players adjust or dirty teams become lottery teams. Or, we can change the rules back to the old days.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
I wasn't disagreeing with you, which made your response odd. And I agree with this as well.

My point is that we know the refs are terrible and inconsistent, but good teams play through it, much like the Leafs did tonight.

I only disagreed that they should call sticks by the side of the body, that happens 30-50 times a game if not worse and goes uncalled. If all those get called you could imagine. So consistency is the key but it has to be blatant penalties I think. I agree with your overall point though for sure.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Tampa is the biggest group of sore losers out there. It's so satisfying watching them throw tantrums when they lose.

I was in denial earlier but I'm cheering for the Leafs in this series. And I think this will be the only time.

Anytime these guys are losing a game in the 3rd it's the same nonsense. Cross-checks, slashes etc. Surprised Maroon didn't get 5 for cross checking Gio in the head. Kucherov speared Brodie as well, typical bullshit from these guys.

Hank Plank

Jun 5, 2012
Alberta
What is he thinking.

Go....

coop.gif

Pablo El Perro

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
I only disagreed that they should call sticks by the side of the body, that happens 30-50 times a game if not worse and goes uncalled. If all those get called you could imagine. So consistency is the key but it has to be blatant penalties I think. I agree with your overall point though for sure.
Yet I didn't say anything about those uncalled plays. So saying you disagree doesn't make sense to me. If we throw in calling interference by the book, the Bolts would be even more penalized.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
I suppose we'll agree to disagree. Tampa favourites in my opinion. Leafs are also called out for their lousy goaltending, defense and lack of depth. I suppose that factors into my decision. Along with who in the f*** would actually think the Leafs will win a round?
People still saying this?

Mar 26, 2010
Toronto is going to have to be ready for the start of game 3 you have to think that Tampa is going to come out flying.

Reactions: Devonator

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
"Highly unlikely" we see Hedman in G3 - Kypreos.

Far from the most reliable source, but that's a series changer. He and Cernak being out are just a body blow, maybe an insurmountable one, even with the Leafs tending to....well...Leaf it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad