GDT: GAME 2 | Sens @ Bolts | SAT OCT 11 | 7PM EST | SNET1 | Immolated Bishop Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I think this might be a gradual progression as the team grows this season, if anything. Coach said something along the lines of "maybe what we think is good enough, isn't good enough" when talking about how Nashville upped their game at the midway point last game and we couldn't match it. I think that's accurate. I think we have the pieces to weather such storms in the future but it really depends on not getting rattled to the point where we start making bad decisions with the puck.

Hopefully it gets better. It was one of the main problems of last year.

Karlsson2Turris*

The Gryba-Boro pair is gonna get BURNED by Tampa's speedy forwards.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Don't worry, management knows what they're doing!

It was totally not a 2 year loyalty contract that he got because we lost Alfie the year before.

I was finally becoming ok with him being 6th d, no pp, 4th pker.

Now I'm seeing the same thing as last year, he's playing as our 3rd d, our #1pk d, our #3 pp d?

Seriously?!?!?! **** off.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
A lot of it depends on the opposition

We were doing fine until Nashville really turned up the intensity and we broke down

Not enough people on here give credit to the other team... You do know the Senators aren't playing against themselves right?

We would score so many goals playing against Ottawa every game. Insanity! :yo:

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
A lot of it depends on the opposition

We were doing fine until Nashville really turned up the intensity and we broke down

Not enough people on here give credit to the other team... You do know the Senators aren't playing against themselves right?

I think that's in important point to make even if it's obvious.

Considering our spending, we are often playing games akin to those old grade5s against the grade 6s games in the schoolyard. Luckily there are several grade 5 teams in the eastern conference.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Phillips saw exactly 11 seconds of PP time vs. Nashville. ****ing off now.

Haha I was hoping no one would check. Likely due to McLean putting on the next even strength pairing at the end of a pp.

That being said, he still got 3rd most ice time overall, and 1st in pk.

I was hoping for 6th and 4th...now 5th and 3rd due to methot out.

I fear were overplaying Phillips again just like last year and he's going to make mistakes right left and center and cost us games.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
Haha I was hoping no one would check. Likely due to McLean putting on the next even strength pairing at the end of a pp.

I fear were overplaying Phillips again just like last year and he's going to make mistakes right left and center and cost us games.

I think he'll lose a lot of ice when if methot is back and everyone prospers a bit as a result.

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam

Something we'll have to deal with for the present until Meth gets back at least. Outside of one bad shift and one egregiously errant pass, Philly had a solid performance.

One thing I noticed was, and I can't believe I'm saying this, that his pinches were well-timed and effective. Was able to keep the puck alive in the offensive zone a couple times because of that.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

He was 4th in ES mins, and played the PK. The problem is Boro and Gryba are a 3rd pair, so either you play one 3rd pair defenseman (Phillips with Ceci) or two 3rd pair defensemen (Boro and Gryba), one of which happens to also be a rookie.

I honestly don't see how anyone can have an issue with the deployment of the D against Nashville, at least on the macro level. Maybe there were some poor matchups from time to time, but the icetime distribution was about perfect given the personnel and pairings.

edit:Holy crap, I just looked at the PP time for D, and maybe there were issues there... 9 mins for EK, and the next closest was Ceci with 55 secs... That is ... I'm at a loss for words.

bornNraised Sens

Apr 8, 2014
So i have Sportsnet like the regular channel but not sportsnet one, does this mean i dont get the game tonight...? Sportsnet shows baseball playoffs in that time slot for me

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
edit:Holy crap, I just looked at the PP time for D, and maybe there were issues there... 9 mins for EK, and the next closest was Ceci with 55 secs... That is ... I'm at a loss for words.

Lots of forwards on the point but Ceci seeing so little time is kinda surprising. Sort of.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Getting Karlsson back would do this team wonders.

Cowen-Karlsson
Methot-Ceci.

If Cowen continues to improve, that's 4 legit top 4 defenders. Could contain 3 top pairing capable defenders too(Karlsson, Meth, Ceci).

Skrymir

Jul 7, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Getting Karlsson back would do this team wonders.

Cowen-Karlsson
Methot-Ceci.

If Cowen continues to improve, that's 4 legit top 4 defenders. Could contain 3 top pairing capable defenders too(Karlsson, Meth, Ceci).
Yeah I wish Ludwig would've come back... hell I wanted Mattias to stay but alas we only have 1 Karlsson

Slow Hands

The feels
Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
Yep, SNETOne is channel 99. New TV deal screws alot of people over .

I said it at the time and I'll say it again, Rogers getting the NHL rights is a load of ****. Last year, we would have gotten this game on CBC. Their assertion that their acquisition of NHL broadcasting rights is a good thing for fans is such ********.

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
With karlsson double shifting and Hoffman taking a regular shift it may stay that way. Who was the other guy? Zibanejad?

I think so. I have some recollection of Turris playing the point, my memory is a bit fuzzy on the exact deployment and who was where.

I'll say though, as much as I like Ceci, double shifting EK on the PP is not a bad idea. You'd think he might draw in a bit more for the forwards at some point.

edit: probably looking to get a L/R shot combination going.

Last edited:

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
So i have Sportsnet like the regular channel but not sportsnet one, does this mean i dont get the game tonight...? Sportsnet shows baseball playoffs in that time slot for me
If you go to channel 502, it shows it's the Sens @ 7:00 pm (SortsNet One HD)

Yep, SNETOne is channel 99. New TV deal screws alot of people over .
I just checked channel 99, and it shows the Sens!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad