GDT: Game #2: San Jose Sharks at Edmonton Oilers- "It's In The Frakking Rink!" 1/22/13 7PM

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
I like how the D no longer play on their heels. They challenge a lot more and its paying off. You can see Big Bird's influence already.

Linkster

Beard goggles!
Nov 11, 2010
Coastal Sharkifornia
Btw the PK on 5 v 4: 80% kill.

66% when you add the 5v3.

Oops misread that other post, thought they were talking about just this game.

The NHL main team stats page says the Sharks are now 26th in PK (after 2 GP) with 8 penalties and 3 goals (62.5%).

But I think there's a mistake -- if you mine the CGY and EDM game stats, the Sharks have actually had 9 PKs and 3 PK goals against, which is 66.6%.

This is clearly the mark of The Devil.

Or Larry Robinson.

OverTheLine

May 11, 2011
Clowe does not appear to be off to a good start for a "bounce back" season.

He's been really underwhelming.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
The NHL main team stats page says the Sharks are now 26th in PK (after 2 GP) with 8 penalties and 3 goals (62.5%).

But I think there's a mistake -- if you mine the CGY and EDM game stats, the Sharks have actually had 9 PKs and 3 PK goals against, which is 66.6%.

This is clearly the mark of The Devil.

Or Larry Robinson.

I believe one of ours didn't result in a power play against. 5v3 is hard to get on anyone about though.

tmunnuch

Jan 23, 2007
I liked seeing Pavelski hanging on to the puck, weaving through traffic. A little bit of the KHL rubbing off on him.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Guess Dubnyk had a bad game.

Really did not think he was that bad. Probably could have had the first Couture goal, but what we saw in the first was what happened when one team vastly outplays the other...how do you think you get such blowouts in other leagues?

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
Really did not think he was that bad. Probably could have had the first Couture goal, but what we saw in the first was what happened when one team vastly outplays the other...how do you think you get such blowouts in other leagues?

tumblr_mcn1vl0uIf1qajc4eo1_500.gif

Lazyking

Never Forget
Oct 15, 2011
Connecticut
That ass whopping was unexpected but awesome anyway.:)

I know the Sharks will play better teams but what I like so far this year is the team looks ready and in sync with each other.. in this shortened season, that is very important.

NWShark*

The Sharks just going through the motions after the first. Not sure I like to see that, although I do understand it.

It was almost like they treated it like a practice for their systems which is actually pretty efficient. ;P

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Hey Sharks fans, quick question for ya.

I noticed Thornton bagged another 3 assists tonight for a total of 5 assists in 2 games so far. Besides the points, how does he look this season? Is he due for a high scoring season with a boat load of assists, like the old Jumbo Joe, or has he just had a good couple games?

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California

I noticed Thornton bagged another 3 assists tonight for a total of 5 assists in 2 games so far. Besides the points, how does he look this season? Is he due for a high scoring season with a boat load of assists, like the old Jumbo Joe, or has he just had a good couple games?

Its Joe being Joe.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area

I expect a season similar to last season. Probably around PPG. He takes on too much defensive responsibility to put up 100 points anymore. Also take into consideration that the Flames and Oilers are not defensive stalwarts in the least.

As for how he looks, he certainly looks like Joe always has: brilliant is and understatement. He made another gorgeous no-look pass to Marleau on his first goal (I think) from behind the net.

Grave

Mondo Cool
Jun 23, 2009
Northern California
Juxt do you have paypal? I'm going to commission you to do a lot of games.

I just got done watching that game, Jumbo was a god.

Also does anyone know what kind of stick Pavs is using?

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Besides the points, how does he look this season? Is he due for a high scoring season with a boat load of assists, like the old Jumbo Joe, or has he just had a good couple games?

He gets boatloads of assists every season. He is and always has been world class in that department.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
Was I just having selective memory? I feel like I saw the sharks enter the zone on the transition quite often and to great effect in that game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad