GDT: Game 2: Red Wings vs preds 7:00 pm et 10/12/24

jaster

I am become woke, destroyer of ignorance.
Jun 8, 2007
while that is true, the team in front of him is playing tighter in the slot instead of running around.
That’s fair, to be certain. However, I dunno, Talbot just looked calm and steady. Like, if I’m a skater, he’s giving me confidence. Husso just seemed more scrambly, especially as that game went on.

In the end, these are small sample sizes. I’m sure our goalie adventure this season still has several left turns in store.

TheOctopusKid

Sep 24, 2010
johansson - seider
edvinsson - holl
maatta - chiarot
petry

talbot
lyon

gustafsson + husso to sjs for *future considerations*

No. We don't have 4 better D than Maatta. And Gus certainly isn't one of the few that are.

My sneaky hope is that AJ ends up as Seider's partner. Off-hand Chairot scares me. I like Maatta but I think Ed and AJ make him the odd man out of this group? Gus does feel like a disaster on our own end but he looked really good as a PP QB v. PIT.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004
Chiarot had a strong night as well.

Played 14 seconds less than Mo with 25:33 TOI, played in all situations. Assist on Compher's goal, 4 blocked shots, +2. He took a penalty in the first but it was one worth taking.

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
Husso and Gustafsson, not a good look for you two, team was much better without you both tonight.

If you both could just go away, that would be great.

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
Ed had a better game for sure, good to see.

Rasmussen looked pretty good aswell.

Johansson looked as advertised, just solid. Solid passes and puck movement. Made some defensive mistakes, but looked like he was adjusting to NHL speed. He reminds me abit of Jensen.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
They should let Petry know he can take his time getting healthy.

Holl flubbed the puck a couple of times after a strong first period. While he played better than last season, I'm not convinced he's better than Petry.

Anyways, Petry or Fish will need to go on IR to make room for a forward.

Austrianwing

Apr 29, 2021
Talbot was awesome

Raymond might get 90 points this year the way hes looked out of the gate

Johansson looked smooth out there and played a really solid game. Moves the puck so much better than basically everyone else back there

That might have been Velenos best game as a wing, no points though so it will go under the radar
AlJo was as advertised. Knows what to do and does it.
I was a little worried about him getting out-muscled, but he kept up in those moments. Mostly he just successfully avoided having to have those battles in the first place. I hope to see him put some one of the plugs into the press box this season.
Ed improved a lot from game 1 to 2, and even over the course of the game. He seemed more focused, so the ratio of "Whoah! Come on dumb-ass!" moments to "Whoah! We've got another high end D!" moments changed a lot.
Cam was unreal. Get Lyon in there too, he seemed mostly like a goalie not used to that sudden workload. Whatever Husso's potential is, he needs to just prove it when the chances come up

Reactions: lilidk

cjm502

Holy Jumpin!
Jun 22, 2010
Mid Michigan
Most of the team played realgud. Very super realgud game. I love how effortless it looks when Edvinsson uses his skating and reach to maintain puck possession 1v1. You have to get him in a tight spot or have a few guys on him if you want to take the puck away.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad