GDT: Game 2: Red Wings vs preds 7:00 pm et 10/12/24

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
yep, we went after Trouba who had a much high cap hit than what Roy signed for. Cap hit was not an issue when the wings went looking for help this summer.
IT's because Yzerman doesn't want to commit term to free agents, so he didn't go after anybody who wanted more than 4-5 years. But all this does is fill the roster with trash for 2-3 years at a time, instead of actually materially improving the team with a player that isn't trash.

And none of those cities are Detroit, Michigan. I appreciate that you Canadians may have a very limited understanding of US labor and employment laws. Our country's laws in 2024 simply do not allow for indentured servitude or slavery. I presume that Canada has similar laws. There is nothing we could have done to literally force Roy to sign with the Detroit Redwings, nothings. Moreover, the CBA does not allow us to compel a UFA to sign with the Wings.

The signings may be bad, but they are not necessarily holding us back from some materially different, and better reality.
You keep acting like we tried to sign these players and they refused. I'd say it's more likely Stevie wasn't interested in these guys that wanted longer contracts, so he signed bottom of the barrel stopgaps. There is no evidence whatsoever in either direction, so I'm not sure why you choose to give Stevie the benefit of the doubt when he's made the same bad signings going on 3 years in a row now.

Chris Langlois

Jan 31, 2022
What a joke that lalonde is playing chariot on the 2nd pp over edvinsson. Lalonde literally has 0 balls and is only comfortable playing vets in situations they don't belong in. This is why we missed playoffs last year and are on path to do that again.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Chiarot is on the power play...uhhh...this can't be real life, can it?

May as well put Ed there, I know he wasn't great game 1, but Chiarot...?

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
What a joke that lalonde is playing chariot on the 2nd pp over edvinsson. Lalonde literally has 0 balls and is only comfortable playing vets in situations they don't belong in. This is why we missed playoffs last year and are on path to do that again.

It's a funny thing to say when he benched Gus in favor of AlJo for this game. One step at a time.

It probably had to do with Ed's poor showing in preseason and game 1 more than anything.

Reactions: LongTimeDRWF

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Gustafsson is another guy who sucks we signed for really no reason. The only reason we keep doing this is if we think the rookies aren’t good enough to play but then they do. Glad to see him sitting. We need to trim the fat.

He is a 1 yr deal stop gap for ASP to be ready. Last year was Ghost.

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
The free agent signings this off season were a bit too long for my liking. Not talking about Detroit's, I am talking about for those coveted players mentioned.

Reactions: deca guard

bellringer77

Nov 14, 2017
Went to both openers. Griffins have players that should be in the NHL. I think Kasper is ready today and Mazur is close if he isn’t now. Think Watson might be better then Motte. And they all play the games that this team targets? I don’t get it. really feel like our management had to different visions in this rebuild.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad