GDT: Game 2: Red Wings vs preds 7:00 pm et 10/12/24

Coach Reggie Dunlop

Jun 9, 2021
Michigan
Gustafsson is another guy who sucks we signed for really no reason. The only reason we keep doing this is if we think the rookies aren’t good enough to play but then they do. Glad to see him sitting. We need to trim the fat.

schuelma24

Jul 14, 2023
Gustafsson is another guy who sucks we signed for really no reason. The only reason we keep doing this is if we think the rookies aren’t good enough to play but then they do. Glad to see him sitting. We need to trim the fat.

Yeah, on one hand I'm glad they're already making the move. On the other ... looking like we might have more dead cap for 2 years from a bad signing...

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Yeah, on one hand I'm glad they're already making the move. On the other ... looking like we might have more dead cap for 2 years from a bad signing...
Who gives a f*** about dead cap space. The cap dollars would just be spent on some other free agent of a similar caliber. Good free agents won't sign in Detroit until Detroit become competitive. It is just that simple. Much ado about nothing.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon

I was thinking we we'e getting a poor man's Ghost offensively, for about the same defensively, but he's somehow so much worse at both. At least through 1 game.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
Who gives a f*** about dead cap space. The cap dollars would just be spent on some other free agent of a similar caliber. Good free agents won't sign in Detroit until Detroit become competitive. It is just that simple. Much ado about nothing.
Who gives a f*** really?

With the capspace spent on Holl and Gustafsson they could have signed Matt Roy to play behind Seider.
And don't give me that BS that good free agents won't come here Kane came here and re-signed.

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
"The Red Wings are playing their second game of the season tonight and they are already second from the bottom of the standings in the Atlantic. This means they have 81 games left in the 24-25 season to right the ship, which to most of us seems like a reasonable number to work with. But for some fans out there the number 81 might as well be second to "none", and the season over before it really even starts."

- Plausible Keats

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad