GDT: Game 2: Red Wings vs preds 7:00 pm et 10/12/24

MIKELGRW

Jul 13, 2022
South Florida
Screenshot (103).png

Screenshot (104).png

Game will be on BSD and ESPN+, Let's Go Boys!
#RedWings lines in practice:
DeBrincat-Larkin-Kane
Tarasenko-Compher-Raymond
Rasmussen-Copp-Fischer
Motte-Veleno-Berggren

Defense is not set in stone:
Johansson-Seider
Chiarot-Maatta
Edvinsson-Gustafsson
Talbot
Lyon/Husso

Reactions: Ulysses31

Coach Reggie Dunlop

Jun 9, 2021
Michigan
From Carley Johnston:

Justin Holl will be in tomorrow, hoping to get Albert Johansson in “pretty soon” per Coach Lalonde

This management and coaching is living in the wrong century, holl has shown nothing to indicate he deserves to play again. Johansson maybe hasn’t either but he also hasn’t been given a chance at all. It’s maddening for us to keep trying the same things over and over that have proven to fail. you HAVE to have a youth movement at some point, or at least let them try. This franchise desperately needs new blood in every facet of operations.

Ulysses31

Oct 7, 2015
What's a computer?
From Carley Johnston:

Justin Holl will be in tomorrow, hoping to get Albert Johansson in “pretty soon” per Coach Lalonde

This management and coaching is living in the wrong century, holl has shown nothing to indicate he deserves to play again. Johansson maybe hasn’t either but he also hasn’t been given a chance at all. It’s maddening for us to keep trying the same things over and over that have proven to fail. you HAVE to have a youth movement at some point, or at least let them try. This franchise desperately needs new blood in every facet of operations.
darn really wanted to see johansson, lets hope holl hungry to redeem himself

Oct 18, 2006
From Carley Johnston:

Yeah Holl over Johansson sucks. Don’t understand the thought process at times. It’s like we’re delaying pressing the play button as long as possible.

HisNoodliness

Good things come to those who wait
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
From Carley Johnston:

Am I somewhat pessimistic about AlJo's chances of making it at this point? Absolutely. Do I think that he has played well enough to be better than the obviously incompetent D that we have? Unfortunately, not.

Do I think Justin Holl got a bit of a raw deal last year, riding the pine for the whole season when he wasn't any worse than Maatta, Chiarot and Petry? Yeah. Am I okay with giving Holl a chance this year? I guess so.

But how could getting Holl into the lineup be a priority? I just can't understand how Lalonde comes to his lineup decisions. Since becoming our coach, I'm not sure that we've iced the best lineup that we could for a single game. Probably at some point, but it genuinely may not have happened.

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
I want to see Johansson as well, but here Holl is the right replacement. Need someon to fill in on PK. I am not sure AlJo is ready for that yet, and we can all agree that Gustafsson shouldn't play on PK.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
Am I somewhat pessimistic about AlJo's chances of making it at this point? Absolutely. Do I think that he has played well enough to be better than the obviously incompetent D that we have? Unfortunately, not.

Do I think Justin Holl got a bit of a raw deal last year, riding the pine for the whole season when he wasn't any worse than Maatta, Chiarot and Petry? Yeah. Am I okay with giving Holl a chance this year? I guess so.

But how could getting Holl into the lineup be a priority? I just can't understand how Lalonde comes to his lineup decisions. Since becoming our coach, I'm not sure that we've iced the best lineup that we could for a single game. Probably at some point, but it genuinely may not have happened.
Uggh yah Holl was definitely worse then Maatta, Chiarot and Petry. He didn't get a raw deal he was just terrible and the coach finally saw it and sat him in the pressbox where he belongs .

Reactions: jaster and lilidk

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
From Carley Johnston:

This is so, so sad. Justin Holl is dog shit and apparently everybody but the millionaire NHL coach can see it.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Kasper scored a a beauty in the GR opener.

Danielson did not look good.
funny how all preseason, the AHL squad looked better. Now it's the regular season, the NHL squad got embarrassed on home ice by a bad Penguins team, meanwhile Cossa gets a shutout, Kasper has 2 points and GR gets the win.

Our AHL team is better than our NHL team :naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad