GDT: Game 2 - Penguins vs Detroit - 8:00 PM - Werner: Fenway 'confident' in Dubas' vision for franchise

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
When the team and Sullivan eventually part ways, I hope they don't just default to signing some boomer like Laviolette. Give some new blood a chance. Gimme somebody who is breaking into the NHL coaching fraternity for the first time, that hasn't been corrupted by this pervasive zero event hockey trash yet. Someone who is gonna coach up a prospect's strengths as opposed to making sure they can PK or whatever insanity.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
When the team and Sullivan eventually part ways, I hope they don't just default to signing some boomer like Laviolette. Give some new blood a chance. Gimme somebody who is breaking into the NHL coaching fraternity for the first time, that hasn't been corrupted by this pervasive zero event hockey trash yet. Someone who is gonna coach up a prospect's strengths as opposed to making sure they can PK or whatever insanity.
I'd love for them to sign Todd Nelson, bring in David Carle as his assistant and then let Todd pick another Assistant or two.

Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Yeah, I'm not even gonna pretend to know who those fellas are or what they're about, but the fact that I don't immediately recognize the names is a good thing. :laugh:
They are the type of duo we need. Nelson is a fantastic coach and I've been a fan for a while. Carle is someone I see as an up and coming future coach, he's been doing a good job at the NCAA ranks.

Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Geno is trying to get to 500 goals and Sullivan saddles him with DOC and Bunting…poor guy

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Geno is trying to get to 500 goals and Sullivan saddles him with DOC and Bunting…poor guy
To have zero offense the last game and the only decision he makes is musical chairs with the same blokes and keeps a player that could help, in the press box. To be that petty is just pure Sullivan.

Reactions: Andy99

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
They are the type of duo we need. Nelson is a fantastic coach and I've been a fan for a while. Carle is someone I see as an up and coming future coach, he's been doing a good job at the NCAA ranks.
Yeah, I mean, just gimme guys who are hungry to make their mark and willing to go for riskier things. Guys who aren't fat with complacency from being in NHL gigs for a decade.

We talk about wanting youth on the roster, but gimme some fresh faces/ideas behind the bench. Particularly ones with a penchant for working with younger guys, cuz that's gonna be really important sooner than later.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Yeah, Letang's just kinda nowhere. This has been a problem with increasing frequency for the past year or two. We're a game in, but man, he's looked abysmal so far this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad