GDT: Game 2 - Penguins vs Detroit - 8:00 PM - Werner: Fenway 'confident' in Dubas' vision for franchise

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I guess it depends what one's definition of elite is. If Gretzky is using like Draisaitl as a barometer then there's only like 5-10 elite guys in the league lol.
Yeah, I mean, elite should mean rare. A guy who can flip a switch and take over a game by himself. Jake was never that, outside of that rookie playoff. It was always either Sid+Jake killing it, or Sid killing it alone. It was never Jake killing it while Sid struggled. /shrug

Reactions: Pancakes

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
My definition of elite is a threat to score 50 goals or 100 points.
By that definition, there’s only 4 players who are actual wings: Kuch, Panarin, Pasta and Rantanan, so the Pens are not realistically going to find that player for Sid

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
I always thought this trade was every bit as bad or maybe in some ways worse than the Jagr deal.

Just an absolute raft of garbage in return and we even all knew it at the time.

Though some tried to convince themselves re: Fata.
We were in liquidation mode back then. Couldn't be helped. Fata had a nice goal against Detroit the next season so I tried to buy in. Didn't really offset his league worst +/- but I thought he could cobble a career together. Dreams like that were all we had.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
The issue isn't that Sid and Geno don't have elite wingers. The issue is that they're still getting 3rd line fodder (at best) and they're approaching 40 now. They've needed a second Jake for like half a decade.

Instead, we have a coach who hates risk, fetishizes zero event hockey, and wants to run a 1st line, a 3rd line, and two 4th lines for some asinine reason. Like this team's gonna be able to Trotz's Isles teams into submission or some bullshit.

Reactions: Gurglesons

GilbertSeinfeld

Mar 4, 2024
As soon as I turn on the game, this face appears;

Screenshot 2024-10-10 at 7.53.47 PM.png

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
The problem with Dubas' vision is that he has the wrong wanker leading the charge as the coach and he shouldn't be GM. He should be doing the role he was initially hired for and finding a GM that can steer this team to a future that doesn't look as grim as it does right now and fire the coach to find someone that actually is capable of thinking outside of the box.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad