GDT: Game 2 - Penguins vs Detroit - 8:00 PM - Werner: Fenway 'confident' in Dubas' vision for franchise

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
At least Kennedy was kind of a bargain, they declined to pay him too much when his contract came up and they kept him within his role.

I feel like this era of Penguins would see a TK hit the market and throw like 4.5 million X 5 at him to play with Crosby then sit there all smug like they just did something smart.
I just meant he's basically the prototype for this team's shooting. Take 250 shots just to score 15 goals type efficiency.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
"Well when you think about it getting a productive roster player like Kennedy out of the deal to play with Malkin really makes

I feel like TK was one of the first players to make per 60 look like a stupid stat.

Hope Blomqvist plays well. He's gonna have to based on how the team defended last night.

Well the roster doesn't hate him like they do Jarry so that'll probably be helpful.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
He said it’s ridiculous that Sid has never played with an elite talent on wing and putting him out there with Beau and DOC was effectively a joke at his age lol
Uh, Jake Guentzel was an elite talent on wing or at least a top 15 LW in this league…not buying that but the current crop is shit lol

Reactions: Darren McCord

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I feel like TK was one of the first players to make per 60 look like a stupid stat.

Well the roster doesn't hate him like they do Jarry so that'll probably be helpful.

lol the bolded is so accurate. TK... the first BLUE BOX GOOD player.

As for the rest it really is half crazy to me that this team didn't make a move on Jarry after how last year ended. But to be fair there probably wasn't a deal to be made.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
The could have done right by Crosby re: linemates... possibly even Malkin, as well. But they chose to pay like five mediocre guys ~5M a piece instead and used the rest on things like shitty goaltenders, massively overpaid third pairing defensemen and bottom six players. Then called it "depth." Been that way for a while.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
He was making comparisons to like McDavid and Draisaitl, him and Kurt, etc.

Jake is not that level.
Drai is a center they play at wing a good deal but that’s like saying Sid played with Geno under DB …So he did play with an elite “winger” lol

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
Why are we getting mad about this comment?

Crosby has never played with an elite talent on his wing. It's true.
Hossa for 12 games? He finished top 5 in goals a couple times. Malkin on the PP?

I don’t think Jake finished top 10 in goals or points at any point so I wouldn’t consider him elite.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad