GDT: Game 2 - Penguins vs Detroit - 8:00 PM - Werner: Fenway 'confident' in Dubas' vision for franchise

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
What in the world is keeping Crosby playing for this team....
He'd have so much fun again being on a top club.

Pittsburgh is roached with or without him so........
He'll eventually wise up. Let's hope so anyhow. Players like him loathe change. But being a bottom dweller might soon take hold and he'll be amenable to moving on.

Why wouldnt you want Sullivan fired during a rebuild?

Do you really want to see Hagens or Mckenna "eased" into the NHL by playing Pk minutes and being centred by Kevin f***ing Hayes?
Eventually, just not now. They need to be humiliated more first.

Reactions: LOGiK

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
His legacy is what's keeping him here. He wants to play for 1 team and 1 team only even if he misses the playoffs for like 4 or 5 years. I might disagree with it big time because a player like him should go out a champion on a contender but it's his choice to go out in a whimper instead of a bang.
No youth to mentor, no... without wasting time on it... there is nothing for him here other than what you said.
I too would love to see him on an actual good team.
Penguins have gotten to the point where if he wanted to leave how can anyone show any animosity towards him for that decision. This team is going nowhere slowly for the next few years.
Stick around for that?
:dunno:

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Kyle is playing this beautifully, the players know there will be no reinforcements and the coach wants his team to play a speed game even though they are one of the slower teams in the league.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
No youth to mentor, no... without wasting time on it... there is nothing for him here other than what you said.
I too would love to see him on an actual good team.
Penguins have gotten to the point where if he wanted to leave how can anyone show any animosity towards him for that decision. This team is going nowhere slowly for the next few years.
His choice to stay. Would love to see him with ACTUAL wingers. I'd still watch this team even if he's gone, but I would also follow whatever team he goes to (same with Malkin, who also deserves a shot at winning).

Reactions: LOGiK

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Can we stop talking about tanking and getting the first pick in the draft? This is not the NFL. There is a draft lottery. You could be BAD and still only be rewarded with the second or third pick. Or get an Erik Johnson, or a Nail Yakupov or a Patrik Stefan.

Besides, this team will still have Mike Sullivan as head coach.
Last night's putrid performance aside I doubt the Pens will be bad enough to get a top 5 pick anyways. Even if Sullivan guides them into the dump this year (and damned is he gonna try his best to do that based on game 1) the Pens won't be worse than the likes of Chicago or San Jose. Not without major injuries anyhow.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Last night's putrid performance aside I doubt the Pens will be bad enough to get a top 5 pick anyways. Even if Sullivan guides them into the dump this year (and damned is he gonna try his best to do that based on game 1) the Pens won't be worse than the likes of Chicago or San Jose. Not without major injuries anyhow.
I'll say we get between 10th and 12th overall spot.

Reactions: Pancakes

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
As long as we have Crosby/Malkin I doubt we are that bad unless they are injured.

I dunno. Crosby is playing with borderline third liners even when healthy and Malkin is probably a like ~50 point player this year assuming he can stay healthy (and obviously he doesn't have any real help, either). And both are old. I know it's game one but I have to seriously wonder after watching THAT if even Sid can rise above, anymore.

Invalid cuz QoC

Jan 30, 2017
As someone mentioned, he won’t be fired. Coach and Management/Ownership will part ways with each other. Then they’ll play a video tribute with Sarah Mclachlans song “I will remember you”

Coach sully remain as a consultant to the new head coach to break them in and show them the ropes for a couple months.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I dunno. Crosby is playing with borderline third liners even when healthy and Malkin is probably a like ~50 point player this year assuming he can stay healthy (and obviously he doesn't have any real help, either). And both are old. I know it's game one but I have to seriously wonder after watching THAT if even Sid can rise above, anymore.

Dang. Michael Bunting level from Malkin? That's like top 11 in his position numbers.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Yeah, I mean, we've been watching for years and it's always been "Did Sid or Geno overwhelm the opposition?" and if the answer is no, there's a real good chance this team ate shit all night. :laugh:

At some point, Sid's not gonna be a 90pt guy anymore. Good thing they've got guys like Bunting, DOC and Rakell to fall back on though.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

If the Penguins continue to employee Mike Sullivan who continues to allow Jarry and Graves to see the ice on a daily basis, I'm not sure I agree.

Tristan Jarry is 19th in SV% over the last three years amongst goalies that have played 75+ games. Dude is a dogshit goalie.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I look at this team's top six especially considering where Sid/G are these days and what they are dragging around every night up there and I can't help but be like "What the actual f*** is this team spending it's money on?!?"

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018
Damn. I get the game tonight.

Oh, and Sid is going nowhere. He wants to play his whole career with the Pens more than he wants to go out winning.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Well, he decided to stick around a few more years on a dead team with no wingers.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Well, he decided to stick around a few more years on a dead team with no wingers.
No, not necessarily. But IF he is traded, we now have a bit of leverage due to him having term. And undoubtedly we'd retain. So, while we'd be limited in where we're sending him, with term and retention we'd do ok.

Also, if he is moved we will plummet to the bottom of the league and that will help our draft quite a bit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad