Post-Game Talk: Game #2 - Halak leads B's to a 1-0 victory - Enjoy the 2 off days in Vegas guys

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Coyle is a must sign...6-36

Bruins have the best defense and goalie tandem in the league. Stacked down the middle. Only issue could be 5v5 scoring again but we will see. Team is all business this year.

The NHL has been good this week. Teams are flying and playing hard. Was a little worried when they went all NFL during the preseason with no effort, but watched about 7 games this week and the product is looking good.
I think its a little more expensive but we need this guy signed.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Bruins need need need to keep Gryz...
I don’t pretend to know how we are not going to lose a very good Dman to Seattle (probably no real solution). However, I’m with you. To lose Gryz to expansion draft would be a sin. Put him in witness protection during draft and say “we lost him on a road trip — no idea where he is. Sorry.”

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Two wins on opposing teams' home openers, I will take those four points while they raise their game. If they had played like the mighty Leafs last night and blown a 4-1 lead in the third, I would be concerned a bit.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
This team will be looking for a 2RW again at the deadline.
I suspect we see one of our good young Dmen as part of a deal for a proven 2RW during season.

Expansion draft and our riches on D depth worry me.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Whom would you suggest as possible “proven 2RW” and one of our”good young Dmen” to complete a trade?
Really not sure.:laugh: I.E a fair question!!!

I just posted an Expansion Draft Question — with help of Dan and a THN article I think I have it right.

If we choose 3D option for Seattle, we’d protect Carlo and McAvoy. That would leave a hard choice between Gryz and Krug. It’s made more complicated by uncertainty over Krug status.

I’m just wondering (assuming Krug reups for the moment) if Gryz or Clifton and a package might yield a 2RW. If we are not going to reup Krug, does a UFA to be Krug or Clifton get used as bait?

I guess I’m just thinking we are going to lose a strong DMan either way. Since I expect we’ll need that RW, do we try something?

I realize there are a LOT of what ifs here.

OV

Obstructed View
Sep 23, 2003
Niagara Falls

I just posted an Expansion Draft Question — with help of Dan and a THN article I think I have it right.

If we choose 3D option for Seattle, we’d protect Carlo and McAvoy. That would leave a hard choice between Gryz and Krug. It’s made more complicated by uncertainty over Krug status.

I’m just wondering (assuming Krug reups for the moment) if Gryz or Clifton and a package might yield a 2RW. If we are not going to reup Krug, does a UFA to be Krug or Clifton get used as bait?

I guess I’m just thinking we are going to lose a strong DMan either way. Since I expect we’ll need that RW, do we try something?

Don't forget the Bruins can always make a trade with Seattle to protect roster
players that they otherwise wouldn't be able to protect. Might be players
or draft picks....and might be expensive...but it can be done.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I don’t pretend to know how we are not going to lose a very good Dman to Seattle (probably no real solution). However, I’m with you. To lose Gryz to expansion draft would be a sin. Put him in witness protection during draft and say “we lost him on a road trip — no idea where he is. Sorry.”

I forget what’s the deal with RFAs during the draft?

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada

This is part of the reason I think Krug needs to be traded.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
No one will answer this question.

With good reason. There are very few RWs that are available and much better than what they already have.
Number 8 did. But I’d still like to know which 2RWs are available and which we should target.

I raise the question because I don’t believe our”young Dmen” will bring back a decent right wing. Unless, of course you’re willing to give up Matt Grzelcyk.

The expansion draft is not until June, 2021. But it’s never too early to get prepared.

Reactions: Strafer

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012

Krug isn’t signing an extension that allows him to be exposed to Seattle.

Reactions: JOKER 192

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Krug isn’t signing an extension that allows him to be exposed to Seattle.
Agreed. If we sign Krug we’d almost certainly be looking at losing Gryz or Clifton. Likely Gryz, if both are exposed. Potential of losing Gryz has to factor at least in part how the B’s choose to handle Krug contract decision.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Don't forget the Bruins can always make a trade with Seattle to protect roster
players that they otherwise wouldn't be able to protect. Might be players
or draft picks....and might be expensive...but it can be done.
Excellent point —- I neglected to consider that.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
No one will answer this question.

With good reason. There are very few RWs that are available and much better than what they already have.
Is Alex Tuch truly a RW? He’s listed as that on some sites but I confess I don’t watch Vegas enough to know or remember. He has a not insignificant LB injury right now I believe.

However, if he’s a true RW and health is not a problem I’d target him. Big, fast and hands. Anytime I’ve seen him he stands out to me (says the guy who didn’t watch close enough to know for sure if he’s LW or RW!).

Reactions: Strafer

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
If I’m Seattle I’m taking assets and Clifton to not pick Gryz and then possibly trading Clifton with 2 years left on that deal to a team in cap hell.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I got a kick out of this.

"Charlie Coyle is actually Wayne Gretzky."

Charlie: I like where his head's at, but I don't think his eyes work.

"Tuukka Rask is elite."

Tuukka: You are right.

:biglaugh:

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I mean the way it stands right now I don't see how Grizz would be exposed.

Krug signs elsewhere if we don’t give him an NMC.

If we keep him next summer Seattle automatically can take one of McAvoy/Gryz/Carlo unless we protect 4 D.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad