Pre-Game Talk: Game 2 - Edmonton at Vancouver: Looking for a rebound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilers333

Jul 8, 2022
Hmm I thought he said it was cramping and equipment. Doesn't look good for Drai. I still think we beat the Canucks in 6 or 7 but I honestly dont think it matters because we are not good enough to get past the Avs or Stars, likely the Avs.

Reactions: Whoshattenkirkshoes

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary

Carrick should be in over Ryan. He has size.
Stetcher should be in over Ceci. He doesn’t suck.
I hope Henrique is a fast healer. He is needed.

Would be so Oilers to trade for these assets and not use any of them due to choice - injury.

Nurse/Ceci still together tells me everything I need to know. This is an organization full of masochists.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011

Would be so Oilers to trade for these assets and not use any of them due to choice - injury.

Holland doesn’t like to spend assets on rentals…well I guess if they aren’t going to draw in I can see why. What a waste

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG

If you look at that line-up and how many of those players are offensively ineffective , it's frightening.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
If you look at that line-up and how many of those players are ineffective offensively, it's frightening.

If Draisaitl is hurt and McDavid is average (for McDavid) - it’s over. This team is built around 2 nuclear weapons. Without them going off it’s a pop gun offence with goaltending and defence that likes to shoot themselves in the feet at inopportune times.

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011
Saw this from Jonathan Willis- yesterday, Knob mainly matched Ekholm Bouchard against the Miller line, Kulak and Vinny against the Petterson line, which left Ceci and Nurse with the 3rd line of Lindholm, Joshua and Garland. That line outchanced them 12-1 and scored 3 goals on them to boot. They can't even handle 3rd pair competition.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
If you look at that line-up and how many of those players are offensively ineffective , it's frightening.
If Draisaitl is hurt and McDavid is average (for McDavid) - it’s over. This team is built around 2 nuclear weapons. Without them going off it’s a pop gun offence with goaltending and defence that likes to shoot themselves in the feet at inopportune times.

McLeod, Foegele, Janmark the biggest culprits for lack of offense at forward, but you can get around that with the other players

Offense isn’t an issue IMO. One of the highest scoring teams in the playoffs (only the one game with one goal). The problem is the second pairing and a hot and cold tandem goalie that gets too much rope / treated like a bonfire (edit autocorrect I’ll keep it in for the lol: bonafide) elite starter

Saw this from Jonathan Willis- yesterday, Knob mainly matched Ekholm Bouchard against the Miller line, Kulak and Vinny against the Petterson line, which left Ceci and Nurse with the 3rd line of Lindholm, Joshua and Garland. That line outchanced them 12-1 and scored 3 goals on them to boot. They can't even handle 3rd pair competition.

Yup, and for some reason we can’t sit one of those third pairing guys for one of the extra D. Makes absolutely no sense.

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
I feel like we've come to the end of the line here likely if General Drai is out.

Reactions: MoontoScott

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
Spent a 1st+ on 2 guys for the playoffs and one’s injured (and only okay) and the other isn’t dressed.

Nurse and Ceci shit the bed and Stecher won’t even sniff play time.

This orgs love for Nurse and Ceci is going to be its downfall.
If they insist on Ceci, why not go 11 and 7 then. Get Stetcher in. That's if Drai and Henrique are in the lineup. Some of our forwards bring zilch to the equation.

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
Draisaitl obviously dealing with a bit more than cramps. He will play tomorrow, but we can be sure it will be with him battling through something. Stecher would be nice to rotate in. Just makes me lament not acquiring Tanev or Walker even more. Clearly upgrades on Ceci no matter what the MSM was (and some still are) trying to force sell.

Reactions: Lay Z Boy GM
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad