Post-Game Talk: Game #2: Canucks 6, Oilers 2: "The Oilers are playing to win." - Mark Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
And some Sedinery...

And Henrik with the beautiful no look pass to Daniel for the goal - and the idiots at CBC did not pick this as the goal of the night. :shakehead

Here is the Chara goal - nothing all that special IMHO - at least compared to the amazing display of Sedinery on Daniel's goal.

IMO, that Chara goal does not even come remotely close. Nor warrant the 6 times in a row of watching it, like I just did with Daniel's goal. ;)

Vankiller Whale

Fire Benning
May 12, 2012
Toronto
89ec0dc0a6ae7d2328037edc19ed18a8.gif

parabola

BOlieve dat
Jul 8, 2004
ಠ_ಠ
That was a fun game to go to. Some Canucks fan started heckling a group of Oilers fans near me and started an "AHL" chant. :biglaugh:

parabola

BOlieve dat
Jul 8, 2004
ಠ_ಠ
Is that terrible pre-game intro up on the interwebs yet? God it was awful.

EDIT: yep it is. We arreee we arreee arreee all canucks.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Well, I'm pleasantly surprised. Going into this game I thought the score would be the other way around from what it ended up being but the Canucks wouldn't have any of that. They didn't implode after that early bad goal against Luongo. Instead, they competed hard and the most important part? They didn't let up. Not after it was 3-1. Not after it was 4-1. Not after it was 5-1. They hustled all game and that is the kind of thing I'm going to enjoy seeing from this team, win or lose.

Don't want to get too confident here but like I said, final score aside I just like how the team played. Hopefully they take care of Calgary tomorrow in relatively straight forward fashion.

Reverend Mayhem

Tell me all your thoughts on God
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
-Daniel's goal was SICK. Not sure how that's not goal of the night
-Like the stanchion lights. Creative.
-I figured the Torts 'blow-up' in the 1st period was that the coach was chirping the players. Something similar happened in 2004 with Hitchcock. I agree with Torts' stance on that.
-I really like Torts as a coach. Not that AV wasn't good, but this is what we need right now.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
These stanchion lights are another thing I thought was completely dumb.

I dunno...the video was cheesy, but the stanchion lights are kinda cool.

Just watch, every nhl rink will have them in three years!

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
Well, I'm pleasantly surprised. Going into this game I thought the score would be the other way around from what it ended up being but the Canucks wouldn't have any of that. They didn't implode after that early bad goal against Luongo. Instead, they competed hard and the most important part? They didn't let up. Not after it was 3-1. Not after it was 4-1. Not after it was 5-1. They hustled all game and that is the kind of thing I'm going to enjoy seeing from this team, win or lose.

Don't want to get too confident here but like I said, final score aside I just like how the team played. Hopefully they take care of Calgary tomorrow in relatively straight forward fashion.

Agreed, and good post.

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
I know it's the oilers, but we have not seen such confident puck movement and tenacity from the canucks since the cup run.

The sedins look rejuvenated and quite frankly incredible.

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
“I thought 31 shots was enough – poor kid,†Eakins said. “It was like the goalie in Slap Shot. It was craziness there for the poor kid, he’s in there battling and we're giving him no support and I just thought after 31 shots, that's enough.†:laugh: Eakins is so dramatic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad