Post-Game Talk: GAME 2 - BRUINS 6 Poutineville 4 - OLE OLE OLE

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
It's been two games.

My issue with Lindholm is the last 3-4 years of his deal, not that he "sucks"... Zadorov I didn't see as a fit with mcAvoy, and last night they looked great. His contract is also 6 years long, that's a valid concern for a guy who has had about 2 good months of solid top 4 play. A little early for peacocking.

As for Neely,. if you are into unprofessionalism then that was great. Do you realize how stupid it is to disparage one of your biggest assets and cornerstone pieces in public like that? I mean there were plenty of idiots here that said Swayman was a bitch, baby or selfish... If he was he would have requested a deal after that so you all were clearly wrong, again. I happened to have faith in the GM to get a deal done before the deadline which is what the did with a day to spare. Guessing you were a big proponent in 1993 of Harry Sindens as well.
I mean aren't the people who think they disparaged a cornerstone asset also wrong considering they came to a deal soon after? If it was truly disparaging would he not have requested a trade and not sign for 8 years?

Think there was a lot of getting worked up over nothing on both sides personally.

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
I mean aren't the people who think they disparaged a cornerstone asset also wrong considering they came to a deal soon after? If it was truly disparaging would he not have requested a trade and not sign for 8 years?

Think there was a lot of getting worked up over nothing on both sides personally.

It's a results league. That's all it is. Neely got them.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
It's a results league. That's all it is. Neely got them.
And to your point there was legit a bunch of people who were very active during that ordeal trashing Sweeney/Neely because IMO they want this management to fail so badly, there has been pretty much nothing from a lot of them since the deal got done.

It's not really about being objective for some posters and it's obvious which ones have legit concerns about things like Ullmark trade, Zadorov contract, Lindholm, etc. and which ones simply want these moves to fail so we can move on from this management.

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
And to your point there was legit a bunch of people who were very active during that ordeal trashing Sweeney/Neely because IMO they want this management to fail so badly, there has been pretty much nothing from a lot of them since the deal got done.

It's not really about being objective for some posters and it's obvious which ones have legit concerns about things like Ullmark trade, Zadorov contract, Lindholm, etc. and which ones simply want these moves to fail so we can move on from this management.

You spelled it out alright.

Wanting your own team to fail is a VIBE. And some of us aren't having it.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
You spelled it out alright.

Wanting your own team to fail is a VIBE. And some of us aren't having it.

I've long stated there are posters here who would rather their agenda be right than the Bruins actually winning*. Which stretches the definition of "fan" to the breaking point.

*The poster who was pissed off after the Cup win because it meant Claude Julien would keep his job, and the one who stated he'd rather the Bruin lose a game playing an up-tempo style than win with a defensive style are just two of the examples.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be

My point is Swayman knows it's negotiations and is not soft, a bitch or selfish. It was stupid on Neely's part IMO. Did he not have any faith in his GM to get a deal done by the start of the season? Guessing since it was a new offer Cam wanted the world to know, to me showed Swayman's camp was really getting to him.

The butthurt from "fans" here towards him for not accepting every reported offer was ridiculous and they should basically go follow some other team since they can't possibly like he Bruins "caving"

Thankfully it came to a great solution for all involved.

Does that count for the people wanting Swayman to bust so they can point back to their posts later?

Both groups of "fans" should take a hike

Reactions: NDiesel

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
My point is Swayman knows it's negotiations and is not soft, a bitch or selfish. It was stupid on Neely's part IMO. Did he not have any faith in his GM to get a deal done by the start of the season? Guessing since it was a new offer Cam wanted the world to know, to me showed Swayman's camp was really getting to him.

The butthurt from "fans" here towards him for not accepting every reported offer was ridiculous and they should basically go follow some other team since they can't possibly like he Bruins "caving"

Thankfully it came to a great solution for all involved.
Does seem like he really took offense with the otherside leaking the low end of their offer. I do agree those fans calling him out were being ridiculous considering 6 months ago he was the future for a lot of those same fans, that's the other end of the spectrum that need to settle down a bit.

I tried to only lurk during that shitstorm, sure seemed like logic and reason left this place pretty quickly...

Does that count for the people wanting Swayman to bust so they can point back to their posts later?

Both groups of "fans" should take a hike
Absolutely, no use for that bullshit either

DoubleBack

Apr 29, 2024
Now do Coyle’s.
1728669568007.png

JerseyBruin

May 29, 2019
It's always glorious when the Bruins beat the Habs :heart:

Koepke & Kastelic were fantastic. I am now the engineer of the Brazeau train too, I love watching him at the net making life hell for the goaltender.

Bruins have to do something to tighten their defense, they keep letting opponents get behind them. I don't know if it is a communications problem or what, but it has to be fixed.

Hampus Lindholm is looking like the Hampus of 2 years ago, I think he's finally healthy.

All in all they played much better but that isn't that high of a bar after the Florida debacle. Let's see if it carries over against the Kings.
Hey maybe its a few years late for the K boys ( Kalus, Karsums, Krejci ). Now Beecher just needs to change his name to Kbeecher silent-K

• Haha
Reactions: BMC

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
1728676527840.png

Tied for first in the NHL in points.
3rd in Assists

#Elias4Hart

McAvoy tied for 4th in All Goals, 1st for Defensemen
Tied for 1st in Points for Defensemen

#Cheeks4Norris