Post-Game Talk: GAME 2 - BRUINS 6 Poutineville 4 - OLE OLE OLE

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Some big mouth idiot was shouting at him last night. Telling Korpi..." you suck" "watch Sway to learn how to play" . He was over the top and even the emergency room doctor behind us was annoyed.

I turned around and gave him the evil eye. I think I scared him as he stopped. :witch:

Why any Bs fan would want to screw with the confidence of any of the players is beyond me. Shout at the Habs.
Korpi with a big rebound next game he starts I can feel it. Hope he starts againt kings Saturday afternoon.

Reactions: Ladyfan and BMC

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
It's always glorious when the Bruins beat the Habs :heart:

Koepke & Kastelic were fantastic. I am now the engineer of the Brazeau train too, I love watching him at the net making life hell for the goaltender.

Bruins have to do something to tighten their defense, they keep letting opponents get behind them. I don't know if it is a communications problem or what, but it has to be fixed.

Hampus Lindholm is looking like the Hampus of 2 years ago, I think he's finally healthy.

All in all they played much better but that isn't that high of a bar after the Florida debacle. Let's see if it carries over against the Kings.

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
It's always glorious when the Bruins beat the Habs :heart:

Koepke & Kastelic were fantastic. I am now the engineer of the Brazeau train too, I love watching him at the net making life hell for the goaltender.

Bruins have to do something to tighten their defense, they keep letting opponents get behind them. I don't know if it is a communications problem or what, but it has to be fixed.

Hampus Lindholm is looking like the Hampus of 2 years ago, I think he's finally healthy.

All in all they played much better but that isn't that high of a bar after the Florida debacle. Let's see if it carries over against the Kings.
Good post and well said. K & K looked really and for most of the game I thought Brazeau was our best forward.

Too that often as you say Montreal got behind our D. That cannot happen. Game 2 or game 82 of the year that’s death if they don’t tighten it up. I k is we have LA tomorrow but I will be anxious to see how much enter we play overall Monday vs FLA. Maybe need more time with all the new bodies to get into sync. As long as it gets better as we go along then we can live with it. But can’t give up +4 goals a game

Reactions: BMC

Acie

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2019
Southern Ontario
One play in mind sticks out for me from Brazeau.

The B's were hemmed in their endzone and legs were getting heavy.

The puck got out briefly and most managed to change except for Brazeau, as he was on the opposite side of the ice from the bench.

Then he got got the puck in the defensive zone and instead of dumping it, he carried it all the way down the ice and set up a scoring chance.

Not too shabby for a big, slow guy who was tired.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)

The puck got out briefly and most managed to change except for Brazeau, as he was on the opposite side of the ice from the bench.

Then he got got the puck in the defensive zone and instead of dumping it, he carried it all the way down the ice and set up a scoring chance.

Yeah saw that too. Impressive.

No one was more critical than me about the team playing soft against Florida, but yesterday was certainly an improvement. I think the Bruins will “grow into their size” as it were. Once they start to get success from playing a physical game it’ll just feed into itself and they’ll come realize that they can dominate teams with their size. They have the whole year to figure it out. As I believe Alicat said, it’s not how you start it’s how you finish. As long as they’re playing a big, physical game come playoffs it’s all good.

Reactions: BMC and Acie

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I know, why can't the B's sign a 6'4'' 240 lb 50 goal scorer that plays flawless Defense. Sweeney is really missing the boat here.

1728659560167.jpeg

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
It's been two games.

My issue with Lindholm is the last 3-4 years of his deal, not that he "sucks"... Zadorov I didn't see as a fit with mcAvoy, and last night they looked great. His contract is also 6 years long, that's a valid concern for a guy who has had about 2 good months of solid top 4 play. A little early for peacocking.

As for Neely,. if you are into unprofessionalism then that was great. Do you realize how stupid it is to disparage one of your biggest assets and cornerstone pieces in public like that? I mean there were plenty of idiots here that said Swayman was a bitch, baby or selfish... If he was he would have requested a deal after that so you all were clearly wrong, again. I happened to have faith in the GM to get a deal done before the deadline which is what the did with a day to spare. Guessing you were a big proponent in 1993 of Harry Sindens as well.

Stand by my comments. Because if those players sucked in the first two weeks, we'd be hearing about it...

And Neely did no such thing. He pulled a master move in a big boy league.

Thirty Seven

Jan 23, 2017
I hope they keep that 4th line together and allow them to build more chemistry. I'm not a big fan of tinkering with lines unless it's clear that something isn't working.

Our defense really need to learn how to clear the front of the net, fortunately it's the start of the year.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006

Brazeau has been very impressive to start the year. That is one of the big stories so far. Some of these other guys that have had hot starts are going to simmer down. Brazeau is making plays all over the ice and really controlling the puck. This guy has 20g, 40p potential with a heavy puck possession game.

Reactions: BMC, Acie and BTO

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
I hope they keep that 4th line together and allow them to build more chemistry. I'm not a big fan of tinkering with lines unless it's clear that something isn't working.

Our defense really need to learn how to clear the front of the net, luckily it's the start of the year.
Man if Poitras can manage not to get himself concussed every other game and can stick at 3rd-line centre then our bottom-six looks really good. Now if we only had a 2nd-line RW . . .

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
they keep forcing the puck to the middle in the D zone and the turnovers are brutal. really really sloppy with the puck.

And are we resigning to the fact that Pasta is going to a be a floating goal scorer, defensive liability and turn over machine?
It's a good thing Connor McDavid doesn't play for the Bruins with all those turnovers. Your friggin head would explode.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
Stand by my comments. Because if those players sucked in the first two weeks, we'd be hearing about it...

And Neely did no such thing. He pulled a master move in a big boy league.
Maybe after two weeks I guess you can revisit? It's ridiculous to form concrete opinions after 2 weeks or 2 games no? I guess Lohrei is terrble then? What a bust.

Master move, ok, lol, that's why the deal was signed the day after....oh wait it was signed the day before the deadline like every normal hockey fan figured would happen, add in the fact they have a GM who knows how to get these deals done.

As long as you weren't one of the people insulting Swayman's character about how soft he was, because if he was he wouldn't be here right after being called out?

Reactions: EverettMike

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Man if Poitras can manage not to get himself concussed every other game and can stick at 3rd-line centre then our bottom-six looks really good. Now if we only had a 2nd-line RW . . .

If Geekie doesn't click I expect to see Brazeau swap positions with him

Thirty Seven

Jan 23, 2017
I agree. You definitely notice Poitras when he's out there. Our 2nd line will probably be another year of rotating wingers to see what works. Not sure where Johnson will slot in when they sign him but I'm hoping it doesn't effect the 4th line if they continue to play the way they're playing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad