Post-Game Talk: GAME 2 - BRUINS 6 Poutineville 4 - OLE OLE OLE

khanomcat

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria, BC
Not sure allowing 4 goals to the lowly Habs is something to celebrate. Guys like Peeke and Carlo just can't defend.
Granted he’s had a rough start to the year, but this seems a bit over the top. I doubt he’d be out there killing penalties and defending late leads if this were true. IMO, he’s been one of the better defensive defencemen on the team for several years now.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
they keep forcing the puck to the middle in the D zone and the turnovers are brutal. really really sloppy with the puck.

And are we resigning to the fact that Pasta is going to a be a floating goal scorer, defensive liability and turn over machine?
Of all of the things to complain about...Our best goal scorer?

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
The people on this board who thought Neely made a mistake, Zadarov would suck, and Elias Lindholm would suck, are the SAME people.

I urge you to consider this closely
It's been two games.

My issue with Lindholm is the last 3-4 years of his deal, not that he "sucks"... Zadorov I didn't see as a fit with mcAvoy, and last night they looked great. His contract is also 6 years long, that's a valid concern for a guy who has had about 2 good months of solid top 4 play. A little early for peacocking.

As for Neely,. if you are into unprofessionalism then that was great. Do you realize how stupid it is to disparage one of your biggest assets and cornerstone pieces in public like that? I mean there were plenty of idiots here that said Swayman was a bitch, baby or selfish... If he was he would have requested a deal after that so you all were clearly wrong, again. I happened to have faith in the GM to get a deal done before the deadline which is what the did with a day to spare. Guessing you were a big proponent in 1993 of Harry Sindens as well.

Last edited:

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I hope korpi gets next start he will be better.
Some big mouth idiot was shouting at him last night. Telling Korpi..." you suck" "watch Sway to learn how to play" . He was over the top and even the emergency room doctor behind us was annoyed.

I turned around and gave him the evil eye. I think I scared him as he stopped. :witch:

Why any Bs fan would want to screw with the confidence of any of the players is beyond me. Shout at the Habs.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Thanks, but that is not a good option for me!

The commuter rail doesn't have the "every 10 minute" schedule. I could park at the Andover station, but the T schedule is much better. I park 2 t-stops away from North Station and the T goes right into the Garden. It is usually fine but the work on 93 is tough.

I'll never understand the commuter rail schedule for the Haverhill Line.

They have a train departing at 9:40 p.m. and the next one is 11:40 p.m.

There are probably around 75 Bruins and Celtics nighttime home games each year and if you want to take the train, most nights your options are to leave before the game is over to catch the 9:40 train or wait until 11:40.

When the kids were little, we'd have loved to take the train for convenience, but it never made sense because of the schedule.

So we'd typically end up paying the $60 for the garden parking garage because I was never crazy about walking even a few blocks at night with young kids. Not to mention how cold it is in Dec-February.

I'm sure there's a reason for that schedule --- probably 11:40 is there for the hospital workers that get out at 11, but simply moving the 9:40 train to 10:05 seems like an easy fix.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Siked to see Grillos on the ice.

Offense looked good. Specifically 1st and 4th lines. Carlo had another rough game. Just too many damn brain farts this season so far. A little worried about what’s going on with him. Zadorov with a few bad give aways as well.

Big fan of Elias Lindholm’s game. He will quietly put up 70+ points this year.

Imo Pavel Zacha has been our best player for both games. He’s winning draws, making plays, winning battles and he looks like a monster out there.

Swayman was just OK.
I agree on Carlo, I am a Carlo and Coyle guy, but both look off their game a bit, early yet I am sure they will turn it around. Zacha is one of Sweeneys best trades, the guy can play hockey. Not High on E. Lindholm, it will be quiet points as far as I am concerned riding with Pasta and Zacha, maybe if he was signed for less and not eating up so much cap space I would be a little more on board.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Of all of the things to complain about...Our best goal scorer?

Don't think it's a complaint as much as an accurate observation.

I've given up hope that Pasta will even try to be a better all-around player. Last night he was especially lax defensively and of course he gave the puck away a lot. And as I was thinking about his play, in the 2nd period, he roofs one when the Bruins were starting to sag, clinging to the one goal lead. Chuckled to myself and though, yeah, he's still worth it.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I'll never understand the commuter rail schedule for the Haverhill Line.)

They have a train departing at 9:40 p.m. and the next one is 11:40 p.m.

There are probably around 75 Bruins and Celtics nighttime home games each year and if you want to take the train, most nights your options are to leave before the game is over to catch the 9:40 train or wait until 11:40.

When the kids were little, we'd have loved to take the train for convenience, but it never made sense because of the schedule.

So we'd typically end up paying the $60 for the garden parking garage because I was never crazy about walking even a few blocks at night with young kids. Not to mention how cold it is in Dec-February.

I'm sure there's a reason for that schedule --- probably 11:40 is there for the hospital workers that get out at 11, but simply moving the 9:40 train to 10:05 seems like an easy fix.
That is the problem. I don't leave the games early and waiting an hour and a half after the game is over to get the train is unacceptable.

Parking at Sullivan is cheap and easy. I park at the station and the T comes every 10 min (usually sooner). It goes right into North Station. It is only 2 T stops from the Garden and right off of 93. I get on the highway way before folks parked at the Garden (for $60 :eek2:) .

Give it a try next time you go to a game!

Reactions: sarge88

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
That is the problem. I don't leave the games early and waiting an hour and a half after the game is over to get the train is unacceptable.

Parking at Sullivan is cheap and easy. I park at the station and the T comes every 10 min (usually sooner). It goes right into North Station. It is only 2 T stops from the Garden and right off of 93. I get on the highway way before folks parked at the Garden (for $60 :eek2:) .

Give it a try next time you go to a game!

Yes. I've definitely done that a few times --- especially lately, as my kids are now adults and I go with them, my wife, brother etc.

I just feel badly for parents of little ones from this neck of the woods, as they can't take advantage of the convenience of the train right into North Station.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Don't think it's a complaint as much as an accurate observation.

I've given up hope that Pasta will even try to be a better all-around player. Last night he was especially lax defensively and of course he gave the puck away a lot. And as I was thinking about his play, in the 2nd period, he roofs one when the Bruins were starting to sag, clinging to the one goal lead. Chuckled to myself and though, yeah, he's still worth it.
To me his game has improved. I think defensively he has gotten better.

Pasta has also turned out to be a major team leader.

Most goal scorers give up the puck more often because they have the puck more than other players.

so...yeah...He is well worth it.

I cringed when I heard the Ole, Ole chants with more than ten minutes left in the third, we were up 5-2 at the time and sure enough, bang, bang, it’s 5-4. Please save those chants for when you have a three-goal lead with one minute left.
or leave it to the Hab fans. A couple of the guys who work for the Bs looked like they didn't like it either.

The USA USA chants are just stupid. It is not the Olympics. Many of the Bs are NOT from the USA.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
My brother is down from Penticton so I was forced to drink cards and play whiskey last night....I mean.....:nod:

Thus I depended on a hilite package.

The 4th line has something special going on. Even in the crapfest in FLA it was apparent. Young legs!
Lindholm Pasta Zacha getting it done. Nice to see.

Plus I just heard this report out of Boston....Brazeau is still interfering with Primeau in front of the net without touching him:/
What the frig was that!!!?
And Marchands delay of game penalty?. Is the whole ice now regarded as the defensive zone ?
Dimwit Wes McCauley at his best. Just needed some camera time. Dumbass!

Reactions: BMC

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
First of all, it’s called hyperbole. Second of all, so? Doesn’t mean he doesn’t miss the net a ton on his onetimers. Third, he doesn’t seem to be doing that as much this year, which was the point. Jeez 🙄
Well you asked what you were looking at and why, but sorry for ruining your whole day like that

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
I agree on Carlo, I am a Carlo and Coyle guy, but both look off their game a bit, early yet I am sure they will turn it around. Zacha is one of Sweeneys best trades, the guy can play hockey. Not High on E. Lindholm, it will be quiet points as far as I am concerned riding with Pasta and Zacha, maybe if he was signed for less and not eating up so much cap space I would be a little more on board.
You are missing the subtle things he does away from the puck. He is also sneaky dirty.

Far from quiet points. The power play looks 1000 times better with him on it as well.

Carlo looks like he does in every game he plays with the odd very good game mixed in.

Coyle played every shift like he's killing a penalty. How many times did he pass up a hit and do a drive by. Most overrated Bruin ever in my view.

Both Carlo and Coyle are easy to play against for big men.

Reactions: BTO

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
To me his game has improved. I think defensively he has gotten better.

Pasta has also turned out to be a major team leader.

Most goal scorers give up the puck more often because they have the puck more than other players.

so...yeah...He is well worth it.

or leave it to the Hab fans. A couple of the guys who work for the Bs looked like they didn't like it either.

The USA USA chants are just stupid. It is not the Olympics. Many of the Bs are NOT from the USA.

Not Austin Matthews.

Over his career, Matthews' takeaways/giveaways numbers are 562/430.

Over his career, Pasta's numbers are 413/718.

Pasta has led the top 10 goal scorers in giveaways the last two seasons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad