GDT: Game 2: Blues at Predators 1/21/13 at 5:00 CST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

illninofan*

I didn't get in until the last period, I've been meaning to watch Cole closely.

How did he do tonight?

I've read a few posts with some positives, but hopefully someone can post something comprehensive.

SoulChaser17

Dec 17, 2011
St. Louis
There were a lot of mistakes yeah, but the Blues showed tonight that they can make up for it. This team is a cup winner.

I thought that was a fantastic game. It was close, we had a lot of issues to overcome, and we did.

ExJbeck

Jul 29, 2012
I can't agree that it was a lucky win, we were the better team and deserved it even though we can play much better. Nashville should be happy with one point from that.

That's the sign of a great team though, still getting the win when you're far from your best.
Well said.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Pietro looked uncharacteristically shaky in the first part of this game. It was good to see him recover.

Yeah he got a lot better as the game went on. There's definitely some rust there, not playing for 8 months can do that to you. I'm confident he'll return to Norris form in a few more games.

Use the Schwartz*

"lol"? thanks for the input.

Elliot lost his chance at the starting job in last years playoffs. He lost confidence when the team needed him most.

Elliot played/plays awesome in the regular season. But I think that you're true number one is the guy who starts game of of the WCQ for us, and there's very good odds that it'll be Halak.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
There were a lot of mistakes yeah, but the Blues showed tonight that they can make up for it. This team is a cup winner.

I thought that was a fantastic game. It was close, we had a lot of issues to overcome, and we did.

Yeah I agree, it wasn't their best game, but they still managed to win. That's what good teams do

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
As bad as the team was, Halak almost cost us the game. Elliott is a superb goalie in this system and that's all that matters.

SoulChaser17

Dec 17, 2011
St. Louis
And switching out Halak was a good idea and needed to be done. He didn't face many threats in the first game so he wasn't on his game. Not the first time Elliot had to come in and save us and he's great at it. Our goalie situation is still the greatest.

ManyIdeas

Feb 14, 2012
St. Louis
Am I the only one that thought Cole played better than Petro? At least in the sense that he didn't make nearly as many bad plays.

All over the place in the ozone and back before any issues compared to making bad nzone plays and costing goals?

Nah, its not just you.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Am I the only one that thought Cole played better than Petro? At least in the sense that he didn't make nearly as many bad plays.

Pietrangelo didn't have a good game by his standards, Cole done well again. That is 2 games now, the first game he might have had it easy, but not tonight. Redden suggested that Thursday will be when he comes into the team, but right now Cole has earned his spot for me.

Brenton Williams

Feb 6, 2006
Is Macdonald okay? He took a puck to the face it looked like. Normally I'd assume everything is fine, but given AM's bad luck, broken jaw?

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Pietrangelo didn't have a good game by his standards, Cole done well again. That is 2 games now, the first game he might have had it easy, but not tonight. Redden suggested that Thursday will be when he comes into the team, but right now Cole has earned his spot for me.

I was not a fan of Petro not playing during the lockout. You can definitely tell the guys that played during the lockout. Oddly enough, I thought Polak/Russell was our best defensive pairing. They were excellent together. They just complement each other so well.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
So i have Halak as my one and only goaltender. The shutout would seal his job I thought. Am I in a load of trouble? (Fantasy Wise)

PeterAngelo

Feb 26, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Hey good game Blues fans, congrats on the win.

Always love our matchups, there was some shaky play out there and some 'very strict' reffing but it still seemed a pretty exciting game.

Tarasenko is a beast, still would give anything to see the Frank the Tank (old school) goal celebration, I am guessing he'll have plenty of opportunities to pull that one out

FrankTheTank.gif

Best of luck, til we next meet!

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Is Macdonald okay? He took a puck to the face it looked like. Normally I'd assume everything is fine, but given AM's bad luck, broken jaw?

The first worry is concussion, even though it was the jaw it is still a worry. But he was back up quickly and the damage seemed superficial, so fingers crossed that he is fine.

On Tarasenko, 5 points on our 9 goals now... on the ice for 7 of them. Nice start to his Blues career, and impossible not to love his enthusiasm.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
"lol"? thanks for the input.

Elliot lost his chance at the starting job in last years playoffs. He lost confidence when the team needed him most.

Elliot played/plays awesome in the regular season. But I think that you're true number one is the guy who starts game of of the WCQ for us, and there's very good odds that it'll be Halak.

It's just silly. ElliotT was stellar against San Jose and was one of MANY to have a poor series against that LA juggernaut.

As we sit here today Elliott has every chance to be the guy in the playoffs. It'll be whichever guy is playing better. They have an equal shot. That means Elliott isn't The Backup. He's at least equal, considering he has a small but definitive statistical edge on Halak similarly situated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad