GDT: Game 2/82 Blues vs Sharks 9:30PM CST ESPN+/HULU

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Yes, Bolduc was almost completely ineffective. He's a perennial slow-starter, so he should pick it up as long as he gets games. He wasn't better than Kap. They both stunk.

It's a lot to ask a young guy to jump into the lineup and keep up with skill players right away. That's why I also would prefer to give Holloway a shot at 3C for now. Let him play a simpler game and get into a groove because he hasn't been able to keep up with Thomas so far. Just like I'm sure it's not easy for Bolduc to keep up with Kyrou and Buch. Obviously this will get better with experience but we don't need these kids to learn on the fly if we have other options in the short term.

ExtraExtra888

Jul 10, 2023
Hey I'm not saying Bolduc played very well but he did make 2 nice passes that I thought should have led to goals. Hopefully he picks up the rest of his game soon.

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
It's a lot to ask a young guy to jump into the lineup and keep up with skill players right away. That's why I also would prefer to give Holloway a shot at 3C for now. Let him play a simpler game and get into a groove because he hasn't been able to keep up with Thomas so far. Just like I'm sure it's not easy for Bolduc to keep up with Kyrou and Buch. Obviously this will get better with experience but we don't need these kids to learn on the fly if we have other options in the short term.
It's a tough situation for Bolduc. He played, just like I wanted, but did his typical toe in the water thing. I'm fine with it, just pointing it out that he had slow starts in both the AHL and the NHL last season and finished well. I have tons of faith in Bolduc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad