Pre-Game Talk: GAME 2 7:08 PM - BIENVENUE POUTINEVILLE - NESN, NESN 4K, ESPN+, RDS, 98.5 WBZ-FM, CKGM AM 690

Ned Bouhalassa

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Montreal
A blast from the past to remind the boys that there’s a tradition to respect tonight!

IMG_4174.jpeg

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Montreal on a back to back with travel.

We got embarrassed on opening night.

Should be a blow out if this team has any pride but who knows.

Let sway play. Switch up the d pairs. Get max Jones off the third line and lets get after em.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I just watched the leafs/habs game. We're in trouble if we play like we did vs. Kitties.
? Why? I heard both teams played bad.

I agree.
Been thru the 70's and a bit of the 80's losing time and again in the playoffs plus the way we would lose (1979)
Now? Meh. We've paid them back thru the years. Plus their not really as competitive.
Don't hate them, just don't like them.

Florida I absolutely despise.
Leafs... I actually want to vomit when we play them in the playoffs. I hate the team, fanbase, their media and their city.
Florida is such A well constructed team. They are the bruins I want to watch. I respect how good they are. You nailed the leafs.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Anyword on Poitas and if he could be back in? Could use his skill in there.

No updates. But must be out at least 7 days.

Injured Reserve​

This is the less severe of the two injury list designations. When a player is put on IR, it means that they cannot play for at least 7 days. They can still participate in things like practice and meetings, as long it isn’t anything competitive.

Injured Reserve frees up a spot on the roster to move in another player. It does not, however, free up any cap space. So the salary of the player on IR still counts toward the salary cap limit. This is more of a temporary designation for a player expected to come back soon. It can also be used for illness.

Reactions: Gordoff

ae530

Mar 22, 2024
I still have nightmares about that game. New York rangers were waiting the winner of this game to battle for lord Stanley. Bruins would have polished the rangers in 5 games and Don would have had his cup

I'd like to believe that we can't possibly play worse than last game.....
I don’t think the team is in game speed shape. They were constantly behind the play all preseason and it carried over to game 1. The defence was slow and very soft.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I agree.
Been thru the 70's and a bit of the 80's losing time and again in the playoffs plus the way we would lose (1979)
Now? Meh. We've paid them back thru the years. Plus their not really as competitive.
Don't hate them, just don't like them.
Wrong.
Wrong.
Wrong.
Wrong.
Wrong.

Paid them back? Hardly.

The Canadiens have won the Stanley Cup IN BOSTON more times than the Bruins have. How, my good man, have the Bruins returned that favor?

I hope the Bruins annihilate them by three touchdowns tonight.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Wrong.
Wrong.
Wrong.
Wrong.
Wrong.

Paid them back? Hardly.

The Canadiens have won the Stanley Cup IN BOSTON more times than the Bruins have. How, my good man, have the Bruins returned that favor?

I hope the Bruins annihilate them by three touchdowns tonight.

That 1958 Cup win in Boston still bothering you? Tom Johnson, who coached the 1972 Bruins to the Cup, played on that Montreal team.

How about the 1930 Cup? Friends still razz you about Howie Morenz being better than Eddie Shore?

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
Who’s WiFi ?

Anyways Monty speech should be

“Play fast. Play smart.”

Basically opposite of playing slow & dumb
True, but with the size they added they're trying to go from small and fast to big and fast. That might take some time to adjust. Unfortunately the "smart" aspect they really can't do anything about so we'll just have to see.

Reactions: Gordoff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad