GDT: Game 2/2- Habs vs Leafs Prospects - Sept 15- 1pm EST RDS1 & YouTube

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikN

Sep 1, 2010
Montréal
techno-high.gif

HabsMD97

Jun 30, 2014
king's landing
Leafs have a good one in Minten. Cowan too. Liked them both yesterday and today.
yeah but they create almost nothing 5v5, they're gonna be good checking 3rd liners in the NHL which is perfect for the leafs since they already have the top end talent and need to fill out the rest of the roster with cheap useful players.

Reactions: Nevins

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
The habs dominating but they have 0 forward talent to take advantage of it. Thank god they have demidov and hage in the system. Beck, heineman, xhekaj may carve out a career on the 4th line but after that there's nothing here.
You are not wrong. While the recent draft did help with future forward talent, there is nothing other than Hage and Demidov that appears promising.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I'm fed up with comments like this one.
Why? I think that we should be allowed to be a fan or not a fan of a player. Personnally, I think that if it's not too late, you try to trade him. You sometimes need to be proactive to be sure that you get the most of your asset.

Look at it this way....if we can already determined that it's better to keep him than to trade him...it says a lot about the prospect. You should have no problem trading a 1st rounder.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I keep saying he needs more AHL time, nothing wrong with that.

Yes, exactly. He's missed a lot of hockey and he needs to work on details, but the physical tools are all there. Even if he ends up as a 4-6D, for a late first as a RHD that's completely fine.

One guy who's been intriguing since his draft is Davidson. Not the most talented or fast, but I really like his tenacity and IQ.

Matteus

May 11, 2009
They're still giving him the minutes Mesar should have. Mesar is being missused here but still does something.
I wish they'd give him some shifts on the PK to see what he can do. We still don't know what he is so now would be a good time to try it.

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite
Some of you guys are super critical on these kids, wow. Perspective please. It’s September 15th and remember most NHL D start to mature as defensemen at around 25-27 years old.

Hutson is a slippery customer to catch, in the pros though they’ll just run you over.

I think if Demidov was playing he’d have buried a few goals by now.

It’s fun to watch these guys

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
You are not wrong. While the recent draft did help with future forward talent, there is nothing other than Hage and Demidov that appears promising.
Pure talent offensively. The only 2. Reason why I don't think we should be done at drafting high. I would even go at least 1 or 2 more years. But that's just me.

Reactions: Anardil

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
yeah but they create almost nothing 5v5, they're gonna be good checking 3rd liners in the NHL which is perfect for the leafs since they already have the top end talent and need to fill out the rest of the roster with cheap useful players.

For sure. They're middle 6 players, but I find them to be good ones. They "get" hockey, or at least their roles, if that makes any sense. Minten in particular already plays like a pro. He'd be a really good complement to Beck. Beck at Mesars spot and Minten at Beck's spot in '22 would have been a good fit for the team.

Reactions: jrom

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Some of you guys are super critical on these kids, wow. Perspective please. It’s September 15th and remember most NHL D start to mature as defensemen at around 25-27 years old.

Hutson is a slippery customer to catch, in the pros though they’ll just run you over.

I think if Demidov was playing he’d have buried a few goals by now.

It’s fun to watch these guys
I have no problems with any D. But it's not too hard already to know who has pure talent up front and see that there's none. Beck won't be a top 6 player. Mesar is the only guy with an offensive potential....but I just see him as a guy who despereately need top end players for him to add points to his scoresheet. I'm just not a fan.

Reason why he should score today.

Reactions: Anardil
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad