GDT: Game 2 - 1-CAR vs 4-NAS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
dude seems emotionally unstable with all his antics. not complaining because IMO the sideshow kind of kept them off their game for the first 2 periods. they didn't mount a real threat until 10 minutes left

Hes gotta do something to get noticed. He needs a contract and he’s one of those guys getting squeezed out of the league because he isn’t the best skater (after his horrific injury) and doesn’t do anything exceptionally. If he doesn’t get noticed somehow here he’s going back to Finland or the KHL.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
DWGKdnT.png

I saw this on your guys' stream, would any of you know what team's jersey this is?

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
I think Bean will be protected and Skjei will be taken by Francis outright. Even though he's been stellar this postseason, the best move for the salary cap is have him taken by them. Play Gardiner and Bean in the first half of the regular season, and if the FO wants another deal, do it at the deadline again. If we win the Cup, it'll still be a late first well-spent.

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Intense game
Refs sucked first 4 calls…rest legit
Ned won the game tonight and deserved first star.
Brady really stepped up and played big

Only negative is that they announced that Slavin is game to game for the rest of the playoffs. Sounds like a tear: groin, hammy, hip?

Reactions: Tryamw

To Be Determined

Jun 22, 2006
Hes gotta do something to get noticed. He needs a contract and he’s one of those guys getting squeezed out of the league because he isn’t the best skater (after his horrific injury) and doesn’t do anything exceptionally. If he doesn’t get noticed somehow here he’s going back to Finland or the KHL.
ignoring the whole playoff "grr, i hate him" thing, i genuinely wonder if he's hit that point where he has a reputation that could be the difference between being in the nhl or the khl/europe if he doesn't show out. he was a free agent a loooong time after florida, and i remember a few articles with blurbs saying he was clearly the best FA and questioning why so many other guys were getting signed (though money was clearly part of it, admittedly).

some folks can't get out of their own way, and he is looking like one of them.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
I think Bean will be protected and Skjei will be taken by Francis outright. Even though he's been stellar this postseason, the best move for the salary cap is have him taken by them. Play Gardiner and Bean in the first half of the regular season, and if the FO wants another deal, do it at the deadline again. If we win the Cup, it'll still be a late first well-spent.

Fine with this if they keep Hamilton, but I’ll be pretty surprised if they actually keep Hamilton.

So, I’d choose Skjei over Bean, but that’s me. I don’t see a top 4 guy when I watch Bean, and I think he’s easily replaced by a LaJoie or Sellgren internally on the 3rd pair.

I don’t actually think they’d protect Skjei over Bean. I just think they should.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Jun 30, 2011
Fine with this if they keep Hamilton, but I’ll be pretty surprised if they actually keep Hamilton.

So, I’d choose Skjei over Bean, but that’s me. I don’t see a top 4 guy when I watch Bean, and I think he’s easily replaced by a LaJoie or Sellgren internally on the 3rd pair.

I don’t actually think they’d protect Skjei over Bean. I just think they should.

I think that you grossly underestimate Bean. He's only 22 years old and skates really well. He very well could be a top-4 guy before you know it.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Jun 30, 2011
the trade talk in a game thread while we're chasing the cup especially about a guy that just busted his a$$ for us feels like bad mojo

It's not trade talk. I'm simply stating that I think the cap will be a higher priority than playoff performance when determining who they protect or don't protect. Enjoy the postseason and talk about Seattle after the playoffs.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009

Rod just played Sjkei 27 minutes and Bean 11. Which one do you think he wants to protect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad